• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Return My CPF Thread: Han HuiHui & Roy Ngerng vs the CPF/NParks

Mr Brown is Mr PAP Brown Nose

• Yeah, he's a fucking PAP dog

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No, because he's didn't bother to find out the TRUTH before opening his cb mouth

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Favourite sinkie option: I dunno leh......

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: what really happened at hong lim park on saturday

using human shield... newly acquired skills by papzi.

Hamas_Baby_Armor.jpg

mypools

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know there have been numerous accusations leveled at Roy Ngerng and Han Hui Hui saying that they frightened and intimidated young kids with special needs on Saturday.

This is what really happened:

(a) The YMCA event was originally scheduled to be held at 10am in the morning. Then after Han Hui Hui filled up her application for use of speaker's corner, the timing was suddenly changed to 12pm to 6pm, with a "TBC" (to be confirmed) remark added on their webpage. Tell me this is not coincidental.

(b) A couple of YMCA folks went on stage, saying "WE LOVE OUR CPF". Clearly the partisan lines were drawn during the event and YMCA was NOT viewing themselves as simply a (politically neutral) party which just happened to be competing for the same the space, but in fact a contender operating on the opposite end of the political spectrum as HHH and RN.

(c) Another YMCA folk shouted at Roy: "GO GET A JOB BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR CPF". Again, this outburst was purely political. It was not a request for Roy to keep to his territory. It was intended to attack the message he was sending and everyone present knew what was really going on.

(d) The video showing HHH allegedly shouting into the microphone at the kids and the people waving placards at the kids was the most misunderstood thing about the whole episode. No one was taunting the kids. In fact, HHH was telling her supporters, through her speaker mike, to vacate the area and move elsewhere. TOC's video clearly shows HHH and her supporters moving AWAY from the children's stage.

(e) The NParks officer was downright rude and impatient, as captured in HHH's video.

(f) No one there was shouting slogans at the children. HHH and her protestors were actually speaking to the audience about CPF issues. They never faced the kids or spoke to the kids directly.

(g) Back to the alleged video of heckling. Those people shown on the video on stage were actually not spastic kids, but were merely fillers in between segments of the programme.

Now you can see how the MSM, Teo Ser luck, and the whole PAP side cleverly turned the situation around and levelled ridiculous accusations at HHH and RN for taunting disabled kids. This is purely a political gimmick designed to entrap the CPF group and tar them.

赞 赞 赞 赞 赞 !!!!!

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal

Joshua Chiang

"The dictionary definition of “heckle” indicates that the insult has to be directed at the person it was intended to put down. As such, did the CPF protesters deliberately try to be aggressive towards, abuse or taunt the special needs children present at the YMCA event, whether on or off stage?

All onsite video recordings seem to indicate that, while they were rowdy, they did not seem to have directed their words at the children performing. TOC posted a video online to show a different perspective, but it is already apparent that the video used to demonstrate heckling did not seem to contain any of the sort.

As always, read the right thing.As always, read the right thing.

However, what we see being reported in a “reputable” broadsheet like The Straits Times is that they deliberately sought to make life difficult for the children. “Special needs children heckled as Hong Lim Park rallygoers disrupt charity carnival”. That is as much sensationalism as you can cram into one headline."

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2014/09/the-double-event-at-hlp-and-an-unwarranted-clash/

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alfian Sa'at:

I see this phrase 'protesters heckle special needs children' on my newsfeed. Unsurprisingly, PAP MP's are opportunistically swooping in, claiming that as much as Singapore should tolerate debate and disagreement (though the PAP itself has no credible record of defending free speech), a line has been definitively crossed, it was a step too far, this is no longer civil society but mob barbarism etc. I look at the videos and wonder--the protesters look like they're shouting, and then on stage the special needs children assemble for a performance--but does this qualify as 'heckling'?

The phrase gives the impression that the protestors were specifically targeting the special needs children, insulting and belittling them. But the protestors had already begun chanting 'return our CPF' before the performance began, and not all of them were facing the stage. I don't think it's possible that they could have addressed the special needs children to return their CPF money. When you heckle, it is with the intention of criticising a performance and interrupting performers--with aggressive comments and abuse. 'Booing' is a form of heckling, as are shouts of 'get off the stage', 'you're lousy' and 'f*** off'.

A more accurate report would have stated: 'protesters continue chanting during performance by special needs children'. This inconsiderate and insensitive behaviour (and yes let's call it for what it is) is also hard to excuse, but it doesn't suggest the malice involved in 'heckling'. We'll probably be seeing more ink spilled on how crowds at Hong Lim Park can get emotive, that there is danger in rousing emotions, etc. But let's also be aware that words like 'heckle' are no less emotive, the kind of sniper bullet used in character assassination.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

thank TS
anyway look at pap supporters now turning against pap
see my signature on barbarachong now ex-pap supporter

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ananth Tambyah:

It would be good for the people who are making comments to check the facts before shooting off. The video is very clear. If anything, the marchers were the "filler" entertainment in between the performances!!!

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal

Molly Meek

There isn't much of a trap if people would just realize that when someone who is against the policies of the ruling party does something questionable, it doesn't mean that everyone who is against the ruling party is any way is wrong, and neither does it mean that when someone does something questionable, everything s/he does is questionable.

If people would just stop looking for simple compartments to pigeonhole others into (together with themselves), the trap is just a small pit, not a massive sinkhole.

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal

葉子傑

This Post I have Questions for NPARK to answer!

1. Why NPARK allow picnic in Speakers' Corner!

2. If YMCA had applied before Miss Han Hui Hui,
Why you still Approved her Application?

3. NPark should know, there are so many Parks in
the whole off Singapore, you should ask YMCA
to go other Parks because Speaker's Corner is
For Speakers and not for Pinic.....!

4. Today's action from NPark is totally a very
Disgraced thing to do, as this thing shouldn't
Had Happened if you are doing your job....!

5. NPark had disgraced the government's department!

Last but not least YMCA you also in the wrong!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Intan_Mokhtar.jpg

thanks for the commercial and now back to the main story.

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gwee Li Sui

The mistake is clearly NParks's. 1 application shouldn't have been approved. What I'm still puzzled about is why YMCA thought its application was approved in April when it was, in fact, approved on 9 Sept. (The protestors' were approved on 22 Sept.)

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To the pappies and their dogs, facts don't matter. The protesters are 'vile' for 'heckling' special needs kids. Hence they are crazy, just like their pursuit of the CPF issue. End of story. :wink:

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal

Molly Meek

It does seem from this video that protestors were indeed making noise and disrupting the YMCA event (perhaps deliberately even). Were they "heckling" the children? I can't really tell from this video itself (can't make out what is being shouted).

"Heckled" seems to have become the default word to use. Of course, it sounds so much more potent to describe the protestors as heckling children (and special needs children at that!) than to simply represent them as being unnecessarily disruptive at the YMCA event.

I think it's fair enough for those circulating the video and those watching it to object to the behavior of the protestors, but a consideration of whether alleged heckling is really shown in the video would be necessary. Those with sharper ears than mine can perhaps make out how the protestors were specifically targeting the children and hurling insults or abusive words at them.

Similarly, whether the NParks representative was really being unreasonable in a video circulated by Roy needs to be determined by those watching it. (But at least I can make out what people are saying in that one.)

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What we really need is some private park that can be used as a public meeting ground, without the need to beg for permits or hope that the authorities won't screw you over with their nefarious agendas.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Heckling Teo Ser Luck is equivalent to heckling a special needs child.

Ergo, Teo Ser Luck is a special needs child.

I see what you did there, SPH. :wink:

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lauschke Amy shared Yahoo Singapore's video.

From this video, it clearly shown the protestors moving away once the special needs kids came on stage

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

js read the shit times this morning. according to ST, ymca applied one day b4 hhh and each was allocated a designated spot.

so here's the catch: who's telling what?

perhaps some could copynpaste the sunday shit times which carries this leeport which seems to be siding ah luck. this whole saga was again play in a one sided pic by another FB's FABRICATION AGAINST THE PAP or something like that and all those pap mps as usualy try to score political points by hurling accusation about HHH and gang's "uncompassionate action against some charity thing".

this whole matter does look a bit strange, planned, schemed and warped.

if we look deeper, it has already created a great divide between all singaporeans. i m o, THE GAHMEN SHOULD RETURN US OUR CPFS. the least they could do is to allow us a CHOICE to whether withdraw all or partial or choose to leave it with them when our withdrawal age of 55 is reached.

they cannot always use "apprehensive" projection into the future with such lame equation: "if u do not listen and follow me, u shall suffer" kind of mentality to con singaporeans.

singapoeans are getting smarter and wiser now. they know what and how to decide for themselves and the gahmen should stop meddling into our private affairs on how we should or shouldn't spend our own $$.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Heckling Teo Ser Luck is equivalent to heckling a special needs child.

Ergo, Teo Ser Luck is a special needs child.

I see what you did there, SPH. :wink:

hahahahahaaaa, good one, love your post

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

js read the shit times this morning. according to ST, ymca applied one day b4 hhh and each was allocated a designated spot.

Even if you had allocated a different spot, it is daft as HLP isn't too big and the noise from each event will mingle. There's also the additional crowd control required.

Either you ensure that the time slot doesn't clash, or move one event to another day. Simple as that.

Now you know why they're sending NParks officers for self-defence courses. With that kind of attitude and ineptitude, it is little wonder people want to punch them in the face. :wink: