• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Republic poly Hostels Are Reserved For Foreign Students

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eh hello, what's the big deal from marine parade but study at RP. He is the one who chose the school. If he wants to be nearer, go and study at Temasek Polytechnic. :cool:

the issue is not he chose RP..the issue is why are foreign students given priority whereas a Singaporean guy who has served NS is not given an option.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eh hello, what's the big deal from marine parade but study at RP. He is the one who chose the school. If he wants to be nearer, go and study at Temasek Polytechnic. :cool:

u may not understand him...but i do.

u will also undertsand him if u hv done ur NS obligation but hv to travel 4hrs a day to study and the SG govt gives the foreigners 4hrs of extra sleep

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
u may not understand him...but i do.

u will also undertsand him if u hv done ur NS obligation but hv to travel 4hrs a day to study and the SG govt gives the foreigners 4hrs of extra sleep

Btw, from marine parade to RP, no need 4hrs.

When I was in primary school, I stayed in Woodlands and travel to Bedok and study every day for 2 years. Last time woodlands still don't even have mrt station. I can reach school in 1hr 15min. Sometimes within 1hr I can reach.

So seriously I don't know how your friend take transport can take until 4 hrs:cool:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I was in primary school, I stayed in Woodlands and travel to Bedok and study every day for 2 years. Last time woodlands still don't even have mrt station. I can reach school in 1hr 15min. Sometimes within 1hr I can reach.

So seriously I don't know how your friend take transport can take until 4 hrs:cool:

marine parade mrt to woodland mrt (school so near mrt some more) i think no more than 40 minutes

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

2hrs there, 2hrs back...total four hrs per day,,try taking mrt and buses these days, with 5m people and more cars, more congestion

anyway, i thought u admitted taht u dunt know enough..so why bother why u r ignorant?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
this one dun tell me peak or off peak timing. its about the same, i had being travelling in both different direction for years lol.

anyway do you expect those students lets say from thailand, to ride motorbike up and down northeast highway everyday just to study in singapore?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

those days when u took public from wdlands to bedok, ur grandmother was much younger and alive. is she the same age and alive?

so please dun use past figures and statistics as if it is the only truth.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this one dun tell me peak or off peak timing. its about the same, i had being travelling in both different direction for years lol.

anyway do you expect those students lets say from thailand, to ride motorbike up and down northeast highway everyday just to study in singapore?

You are putting words into her mouth.

Once in Singapore, their options are quite similar to Singaporean students -- rental an expensive place near campus, or a cheap place far from campus. Singaporeans have another option -- stay at home with family and save on rental. In that sense, you can argue SG has an advantage -- but is that advantage sufficient reason to BAN SG student from renting hostel? No, in my opinion, NOT!

You see, address the ISSUE, not the one posting it.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
2hrs there, 2hrs back...total four hrs per day,,try taking mrt and buses these days, with 5m people and more cars, more congestion

anyway, i thought u admitted taht u dunt know enough..so why bother why u r ignorant?

not possible 2 hr, something very fishy. he must have taken the long route. i take 2 bus and 1 train to work/study. amk to bona vista area, total journey 1 hr and 40 mins.

take bus to marine parade mrt then directly to woodland mrt (walkable distance to RP) <---how the hell that clown take 2 hr

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
those days when u took public from wdlands to bedok, ur grandmother was much younger and alive. is she the same age and alive?

so please dun use past figures and statistics as if it is the only truth.

My grandma from heaven ask me to send her regards to you.

I from Woodlands travel down to Bedok and travel all by myself. Public transport. No school bus because school bus don't travel so far. So now I dispute how can take 4hrs to travel from marine parade to woodlands when bedok is even much further than marine parade and take a lesser time to travel.

Study until so so difficult and complaining on distance, then don't study RP.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

that's their problem....they can rent woodlands hdb flats..or they can study in thailand..

my point is if RP rents out hostels to foreign students, the same shd be accorded to Singapore students

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My grandma from heaven ask me to send her regards to you.

I from Woodlands travel down to Bedok and travel all by myself. Public transport. No school bus because school bus don't travel so far. So now I dispute how can take 4hrs to travel from marine parade to woodlands when bedok is even much further than marine parade and take a lesser time to travel.

go and try taking public transport and tell us your time.

u think SG students shd be barred from renting a room at RP hostel and these shd be reserved for foreigners?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are putting words into her mouth.

Once in Singapore, their options are quite similar to Singaporean students -- rental an expensive place near campus, or a cheap place far from campus. Singaporeans have another option -- stay at home with family and save on rental. In that sense, you can argue SG has an advantage -- but is that advantage sufficient reason to BAN SG student from renting hostel? No, in my opinion, NOT!

You see, address the ISSUE, not the one posting it.

Thanks for understanding my point..Appreciate it..

My point is exactly what u said...shd RP ban SG students? They missed my point

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
ay i last checked, there are a lot buses to take from marine parade to either one of the mrt stations ranging from eunos to paya lebar. once reached those station the journey will take less than 40 mins. don't tell me your that friend son everyday wait 1 hr and 20 mins for a bus ?

i am sure there it does not take that long. your friend son better research a faster route and stop wasting his time