• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rejoice! Spore wins 2010 world table tennis women's team title

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the cock-talkers never check their facts & anyhow bray about fixing & sharing prize money with china team.

Spore Pools Million Dollar Award applies only to Olympics, Asian Games, commonwealth & SEA Games.

World Championships are not in the scheme so how got millions to share & aree on conspiracy before hand? It was reported in the press someone from STTA confirmed this victory no huge money award like in Olympics.

But facts don't matter. Lame farts must invent fiction to spice up their prejudiced yarns. :oIo:

WTF do you know what is happening in the betting market?

If this match was not fixed, how cum my big-time bookmaker took the trouble
to call from HK and confidently encouraged me to lay $30,000 for S'pore to win?

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't talk rubbish.

anyone with 2 cents knowledge of int'l sports ranking will know the ranking system has its pros & cons.

Unless, all the top players play regularly on the various Opens & Grand Prix events, then the pts & ranks will be an accurate reflection.

It is not true that Ding Ning & Liu Shi Wen are inexperienced internationally. Young they may be, just refer to the monthly Table Tennis Magazine (avail in NLB) that records their match results & ranking changes.

Ding Ning & Liu Shi Wen are as good as they get in PRC. In terms of potential & actual strength, my opinion is both are above Feng in ability.

Because Liu was sent to represent China more on the circuit, her pts put her at No 1. Ding, not too far behind Liu in ability, payed less so is ranked even behind our Feng.

Remember in terms of Feng's peers, there is still Li Xiao Xia, Guo Yue, Guo Chan just to name a few. China has depth & breadth.

This Moscow victory is sweet because the young Ding & Liu had an off day in office. Remember they have never lost to Feng or Wang before.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sama sama, for betting nuts, fixing & kelong are part of parcel of their real/imagined game of delusion .... happens always at World Cups, Grand Slams etc.

Syndicates are better match analyzers then you arm-chair conspiracy theorists & deluded cynics. They are involved eith or wothout need to fix, as long as there is an underdog situation & high odds justify one huge gamble.

Believe all you want either way. Not hear to change your deluded minds.:cool:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ding Ning and Liu are young, even if they lost this time, its part of the development cycle...the next round, they won't be beaten by the same merry gang liao...

Not like us, we depend on this gang of 4 day in day out.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One can of course argue forever whether there's kelong or not? In the absence of hardcore evidence, anyone can give their respectful 2 cts worth based on hearsay, speculation or even sheer imagination! For me, I saw and studied their concentration, determination, will power, fighting spirit and body language. It was no walk in the park! On the contrary, it was a titanic struggle as far as eyes can see. It's the table-tennis orld championship at stake and not some football match in the C-league! China simply got beaten, perhaps unexpectedly but not without a fight to the bitter end. For the record, I watched the matches but not IP Man!:biggrin: Damn exciting and nail-biting!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One can of course argue forever whether there's kelong or not? ...... it was a titanic struggle as far as eyes can see. It's the table-tennis orld championship at stake and not some football match in the C-league! China simply got beaten, perhaps unexpectedly but not without a fight to the bitter end. For the record, I watched the matches but not IP Man!:biggrin: Damn exciting and nail-biting!

At last a CREDIBLE post from someone who WATCHED the matches, instead of relying on big fart HK bookie frd tip-off & what not hearsay & C-League comparisons LOL! Up you for being fair, kuanti01 !:cool:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
At last a CREDIBLE post from someone who WATCHED the matches, instead of relying on big fart HK bookie frd tip-off & what not hearsay & C-League comparisons LOL! Up you for being fair, kuanti01 !:cool:

Our players should not have won this match because we can be sure they'll be beaten at the next Olympics with the Chinese technical team watching every move of our players.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Match fixing seems to be speculative. PRC sportsmen/women who win titles can look forward to opening training schools and merchandising, more profit from that in the long run. There are living examples.

My PRC counterparts still view this as PRC team A lost to PRC team B....lol.... I cant protest.

But congrats to the players, they took the opportunity to proof themselves when it wasn't possible if they had stayed put. It's just human.

INc.really run like business; if do own research and development... too expensive....if fail how?.... all lost. Just buy other people design for popular and in-season products, and this cycle keeps going. Company is just a hollow shell.:o

All the cock-talkers never check their facts & anyhow bray about fixing & sharing prize money with china team.

Spore Pools Million Dollar Award applies only to Olympics, Asian Games, commonwealth & SEA Games.

World Championships are not in the scheme so how got millions to share & aree on conspiracy before hand? It was reported in the press someone from STTA confirmed this victory no huge money award like in Olympics.

But facts don't matter. Lame farts must invent fiction to spice up their prejudiced yarns. :oIo:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One can of course argue forever whether there's kelong or not? In the absence of hardcore evidence, anyone can give their respectful 2 cts worth based on hearsay, speculation or even sheer imagination! For me, I saw and studied their concentration, determination, will power, fighting spirit and body language. It was no walk in the park! On the contrary, it was a titanic struggle as far as eyes can see. It's the table-tennis orld championship at stake and not some football match in the C-league! China simply got beaten, perhaps unexpectedly but not without a fight to the bitter end. For the record, I watched the matches but not IP Man!:biggrin: Damn exciting and nail-biting!

Watching on Ch 5 the repeat telecast.

How TianWei came back from 0-2.
How YueGu beat the chiobu Liu Si Wen 3-1 ...
now showing Sun Bei BEi leading 1-0....

Fully understand why you describe the struggle as 'titanic'.

Really, for those who have watched the matches & STILL insist on kelong should get their heads examined :eek: !

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Match-fixing is corruption. In PRC, corruption carries death penalty by firing squad.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever I may think of the system that turned them in Singaporeans and representatives of Singapore, I've got to hand it to Feng Tianwei coming from two down to win 3-2, and then going on to beat World No 1 Liu Shiwen by the same margin.

It must have been her tenacity that shook her opponents. What do you do with someone who won't be beaten?

In our contest against the PAPzis, let us take a leaf from Tianwei's book.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever I may think of the system that turned them in Singaporeans and representatives of Singapore, I've got to hand it to Feng Tianwei coming from two down to win 3-2, and then going on to beat World No 1 Liu Shiwen by the same margin.

It must have been her tenacity that shook her opponents. What do you do with someone who won't be beaten?

In our contest against the PAPzis, let us take a leaf from Tianwei's book.

I Agree. In her cool reticent way, she displayed the essence of resilience & determination.

In terms of looks, I vote Liu Shi Wen as chio-est. Our Ch 8 actress Koh Yah Hwee bears some resemblance to her.

The most chao ah lian is that Ding Ning - really ah lian look & expressions.:cool:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
World women legend table tennis Zhang Yining not playing. How come so early retired even married still can play right.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
World women legend table tennis Zhang Yining not playing. How come so early retired even married still can play right.

Players like the irrepressible Wang Nan and Zhang Yining are in a league of their own and they retired from table tennis in a blaze of glory! Ahem, I believe they were drafted into politics!:biggrin:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x610.jpg

Chinese women players greet their supporters after beating Singapore 3-0 to win the final of the Table Tennis World Team Cup 2010 in Dubai on October 01, 2010.​