• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reform Party - new heights of arrogance

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I doubt RP is solely interested in PAP and therefore not focusing on the latter. RP is looking at all political parties as their competitor not just PAP. Although all oppostion has a common 'enemy' but all opposition is each their own.

Yes, this is what I sense too. Somehow their effort to join with SDA rings quite hollow. If they were so interested in getting together and forming alliances, they're going it about it the wrong way. The impression I get is that KJ is running RP like a corporation rather than like a political party.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you here on this.

Kenneth Jeya is leading RP like an annoying child, thinking of himself as the centre of the universe and having no regard for the feelings/dignity of others. A lot of soft skills are absent.

I can imagine it is hard to cooperate with such an oppo personality, or to be an effective member of the party under such circumstances.

It baffles me how netizens can keep talking and whipping for 4 years about LTK calling CSJ a "mad dog", but find excuses for KJ who tells SDA leader Chiam to step down for not expanding his party, threatens SPP chairman with 3-corner fight, labels WP as famous for banning, criticizes NSP GMS for not distinguishing between politician or activist and SDP for taking the net too seriously.

Wonder if it's because people cannot help to tend to favour new things, just like playboys fancying new cars and new girls. :biggrin:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one's perfect. KJ may be snobbish, unlikely to be buddy to his voters etc. That is ok. He can leave the 'grassroot' stuff to his RP members.

We need KJ in Parliament to question the ruling party on matters which CST, LTK and SL aren't fully comfortable with. With his academic credentials and work experience, KJ will greatly value-add to matters pertaining to economics and finance. The pluses far outweighs the minuses.

He's attacked the opposition proportionally higher than the PAP, officially and unofficially. If you want more voices to help PAP take care of the opposition in Parliament, then vote for KJ. I congratulate him (not RP) for being first on my spoil vote list.

I would rather have a quiet LTK or Chiam, who at least will not attack each other or other opposition even if I think they tackle the PAP too little.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is just like the young LKY. UK-educated, proficient in English and slightly arrogant.

How can KJ be compared to LKY. They are poles apart! LKY speaks Malay like a native, his command of English is superb and later on in life he picked up Mandarin and Hokkien. So LKY is comfortable with the Malays, click with the English educated elites and able to mix freely with working class people speaking in Mandarin and Hokkien. Doubt KJ could even speak pasar Melayu not to mention Mandarin.

SeeFartLoong

Alfrescian
Loyal
You all have to realize that today is no longer the same as the past.

LKY used to be able to keep his own dogs on tide leash obediently, and now all of his PAP dogs are running amok, indicating that LKY is old and weak and unable to keep the same reign as before. Opposition can fuck LKY in the face and he can do just next to nothing.:wink:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's attacked the opposition proportionally higher than the PAP, officially and unofficially. If you want more voices to help PAP take care of the opposition in Parliament, then vote for KJ. I congratulate him (not RP) for being first on my spoil vote list.

I would rather have a quiet LTK or Chiam, who at least will not attack each other or other opposition even if I think they tackle the PAP too little.
My dear friend,now I can see clearly that you are not a very fair guy,anyway,so be it.

Only thing I want to say,there are men and there are men in sammy

I for once,never attack LTK,CSJ,CST or KJ,I did come to conclude that GMS would nt go far,let it be,men and men shouldnt change yr opinion!

Politics is about individual's opinion.

Sorry if I did offend you,not my intention.

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can KJ be compared to LKY. They are poles apart! LKY speaks Malay like a native, his command of English is superb and later on in life he picked up Mandarin and Hokkien. So LKY is comfortable with the Malays, click with the English educated elites and able to mix freely with working class people speaking in Mandarin and Hokkien. Doubt KJ could even speak pasar Melayu not to mention Mandarin.

KJ is new to the political scene, should give him more time to be like LKY. Even LKY did not speak Hokkien and Mandarin during his pioneer year in politics. :wink:

But I feel the biggest stumbling block to KJ is his lack of comradeship with his subordinates and equals. It might be just me, but he seems to have the 'me-only' mindset.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear friend,now I can see clearly that you are not a very fair guy,anyway,so be it.

Only thing I want to say,there are men and there are men in sammy

I for once,never attack LTK,CSJ,CST or KJ,I did come to conclude that GMS would nt go far,let it be,men and men shouldnt change yr opinion!

Politics is about individual's opinion.

Sorry if I did offend you,not my intention.

Perhaps my opinion was coloured by previous forummers who were here. I do not refer to individuals like yourself.

But the one thing I differ is, I have more respect for GMS than KJ.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It baffles me how netizens can keep talking and whipping for 4 years about LTK calling CSJ a "mad dog", but find excuses for KJ who tells SDA leader Chiam to step down for not expanding his party, threatens SPP chairman with 3-corner fight, labels WP as famous for banning, criticizes NSP GMS for not distinguishing between politician or activist and SDP for taking the net too seriously.

Kenneth Jeya is riding on the name of JBJ. Which is actually a huge irony given that he has made clear he is very different in so many respects.

He is a relatively new entrant with no previous baggage, so people just focus on the good parts and ignore his transgressions.

As for KJ's supposed intellect/economic know-how, some of my more knowledgeable pals (I'm referring to blokes who know FAR MORE than I do) say that he's only rehashed what other opposition have been saying on-and-off for many years. People give him lots of credit because of his double first degree. The ideas are hardly original however. They are only better presented, with academic paper credentials.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps my opinion was coloured by previous forummers who were here. I do not refer to individuals like yourself.

But the one thing I differ is, I have more respect for GMS than KJ.
Thank you,Sir,I truly apparecaite such a fair response.

OK,if we believe in democracy,we must practise it,starting fr ourselves,So the fact that you have more respect of GMS tah KJ is commenable,as I alreay stated that I dislke GMS,but would vote for him

I spend my time here because I want to support alternativbe parties,but I wouldn't want them to take over PAP,not yet,and when they do take over,I would switch back to support PAP as opposition.

Because I do not trust any politician,we the voters must stay as master,that should be the ONLY way!

Cheers and thank you very much