• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Reddit] - Malaysian Chinese prefer Sg over My : I'd rather be treated as pendatang in another country than pendatang in my own!

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
el 2
DatAdra
Prolific Commenter
+2·6 mo. ago

I'd rather be treated as pendatang in another country than pendatang in my own!

level 2
mechacorgi19
·6 mo. ago

As a malaysian chinese, the amount of times:
  • the malaysian government blames their problems on a pendatang like me: countless
  • the singaporean government blames their problems on a foreign talent like me: zero

Prolific Commenter
+2·6 mo. ago·edited 6 mo. ago

In SG the locals might grumble a bit about "y'all Malaysians come over don't need do army then take our jobs, our HDB and our women" but it's nowhere near the magnitude of the systematic discrimination we Malaysian Chinese face in Malaysia.

Furthermore, the path to apply for SG citizenship is quite straightforward and open. There is no way I'll ever be treated the same as the bumiputeras by Malaysia's institutionally racist system.