• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recent PAP's Mistakes - Singapore's disgrace

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
thank you for being a civic-minded citizen to call the nea immediately upon noticing a clogged drain. and kudos to the nea for clearing the longkang quickly. the nea cannot have "eyes" everywhere looking into every longkang as doing so may incur the wrath and suspicion of sinkies, especially women who are constantly flaunting their longkang's. they can only be successful and effective with the full cooperation of civic-minded citizens like you. together, they and you will make a fantastic team. :biggrin:

If I called the council about a clogged drain in Auckland, nothing would happen. There would be no response.

The fact that NEA QUICKLY cleared the drain shows that the PAP is the BEST!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have experienced no place on this earth where mistakes do not occur. Singapore has it's share of problems but as long as it is doing better than the rest, it means that the PAP is the best.

Telephone systems going down, MRT breaking down, ATM network going down,.... It is happening with greater regularity & the reason people are so critical is that it used to be rare but nowadays it is the norm.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Telephone systems going down, MRT breaking down, ATM network going down,.... It is happening with greater regularity & the reason people are so critical is that it used to be rare but nowadays it is the norm.

Singapore has always run very efficiently. The reason why people have the impression that things have got worse is because expectations have risen and social media spreads the word very quickly.

In the old days glitches would go unnoticed by all those who were not personally affected.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sinkies are so spoilt by excellent levels of service in sg for so long that 0.001% of downtime (compared to a 99.999% of uptime per year) causes sinkies to kpkb. no service in the world today can run on 100% uptime. :rolleyes:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thank you for being a civic-minded citizen to call the nea immediately upon noticing a clogged drain. and kudos to the nea for clearing the longkang quickly. the nea cannot have "eyes" everywhere looking into every longkang as doing so may incur the wrath and suspicion of sinkies, especially women who are constantly flaunting their longkang's. they can only be successful and effective with the full cooperation of civic-minded citizens like you. together, they and you will make a fantastic team. :biggrin:

wrong.

NEA had "eyes" all over before until they contracted out the cleaning and that's where they neglected their responsibilities. Contract workers are there to do the job. It's up to NEA to develop a system to monitor that the contractors do their jobs.

before 2010, there were no problems. it was when NEA abdicated their responsibility that Singapore4 encountered so many problems with flooding, rat infestation, hawker centre issues, littering, etc.

if nea doesn't know its mission and responsibilities, don't blame it on not enough "eyes". That's an excuse and is entirely within NEA's control

The same goes with SPF. Its mission is to maintain law and order. If it cant and there is a riot, CP cant blame it on not enough manpower. The problem is that SPF has abdicated its role and prefer to get CISCO, AETOS to do Police jobs. Something is grossly wrong with the pap.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

pap calls it new normal. I call it incompetence

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore has always run very efficiently. The reason why people have the impression that things have got worse is because expectations have risen and social media spreads the word very quickly.

In the old days glitches would go unnoticed by all those who were not personally affected.

SG was efficient because the pap leaders knew their responsibilities to Singaporeans and they get the job done. The new pap leaders want market rate p[ay but not market responsibilities.

Nov 5 glitch, Dec 3 delayed opening..will someone take responsibility and will heads roll?

If life continues as normal, then more glitches, more delays and eventually a complete breakdown will occur

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies are so spoilt by excellent levels of service in sg for so long that 0.001% of downtime (compared to a 99.999% of uptime per year) causes sinkies to kpkb. no service in the world today can run on 100% uptime. :rolleyes:

is it wrong to expect better and excellent service? it was achieved before, why not now?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I called the council about a clogged drain in Auckland, nothing would happen. There would be no response.

The fact that NEA QUICKLY cleared the drain shows that the PAP is the BEST!

I don't compare SG with other countries. No need to compare with China, India, NZ or USA.

I am in SG and am a Singaporean. I compare with what SG was in 2004 and now in 2014. That's a more valid comparison

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nutting wrong ... u charge mor, u betta provide betta servis ... otherwise, how can servis quality improve? ...

exactly. why did pap allow service quality to deteriorate to this low level? the only answer is pap's incompetence and negligence

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am in SG and am a Singaporean. I compare with what SG was in 2004 and now in 2014. That's a more valid comparison

In 2014, Singapore's Ministers and PM are earning less than they were in 2004.

You can't demand things get better and better while paying the PAP less.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Nov 5 glitch, Dec 3 delayed opening..will someone take responsibility and will heads roll?

If life continues as normal, then more glitches, more delays and eventually a complete breakdown will occur
agree! ...

similarly, lack of 4site ... sum1 shud take responsibility n ze head shud roll ...

if life continues as normal, den mor lack of 4sites ... n eventually u haf a leader who can craim he's blind ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regarding the 3rd point, was there a statement or announcement? I went to the sgx website but did not see any such. I knew about it only after a friend informed me just before trading hours.

The new strategy is to underplay or hide the problems

The haze readings problem is under reported . The reading of what you see on the TV screens is bogus. The real readings are 20% to 30% higher. Oh wait they have stopped showing the readings even though the problem still persists in December. When MRT services were disrupted they didn't even warn the public by making an announcement. Not surprising that thousands of people found out about the problems:biggrin:

When Roy asked sensitive questions he was silenced. I see a trend here.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In 2014, Singapore's Ministers and PM are earning less than they were in 2004.

You can't demand things get better and better while paying the PAP less.

I do expect same if not better service from the pap in 2014 than 2004. They are still overpaid in 2014. The 2004 pap ministers are not sleeping well and suffering bad karma because they knew they abused their power and overpaid themselves in 2004. GCT, LHL, LKY are well known for suffering for their abuses.

Some pap ministers are reluctant and shameful to accept their current obscene pay. They know Heavens have eyes and know what they do

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The new strategy is to underplay or hide the problems

The haze readings problem is under reported . The reading of what you see on the TV screens is bogus. The real readings are 20% to 30% higher. Oh wait they have stopped showing the readings even though the problem still persists in December. When MRT services were disrupted they didn't even warn the public by making an announcement. Not surprising that thousands of people found out about the problems:biggrin:

When Roy asked sensitive questions he was silenced. I see a trend here.

Yes, hide skeletons in the cupboard and sweep dirt under the carpet.

But all these will be exposed in due time

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it wrong to expect better and excellent service? it was achieved before, why not now?

it's ok to demand for high availability in service levels, e.g. 99.999% to 99.9999%. it's ludicrous to demand for perfect service levels at 100%. it only proves that sinkies are a demanding lot, which is understandable given the very high levels of service that's being dished out to them, but it does not prove that the pap is a disgrace. in fact, it shows that the pap is being graceful in taking the challenge head-on by acceding to demands for higher levels of service. at 99.9999999999%, sinkies will still kpkb. that's a fact of life in sg. if there's a god and even though he's perfect, sinkies will still kpkb, and he will also find sinkies too perplexing an enigma to deal with. :*:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agree! ...

similarly, lack of 4site ... sum1 shud take responsibility n ze head shud roll ...

if life continues as normal, den mor lack of 4sites ... n eventually u haf a leader who can craim he's blind ...

Let's see how pap sweeps this under the carpet