• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Re: 2 Years In USA Prison - A White Guy's Story

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw quite afew documentaries on tv...nat geo n discovery! Dun walk on the yard alone...haha! Those are hardened criminals, offsprings from hell!

Ilovelamb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore prison is too humane, if we lock Dr Chee in USA prison for 1 week he will never want to break the law again and would even think lky is a saint

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good thread, thanks TS for posting in here. I especially like this part.
If he had stayed in Sydney things would be so different.

I don't want to give away too much of my personal information, but I'll say as much as I feel I can:

I didn't grow up in Michigan, but my parents had been thinking of moving to Ann Arbor, which co-incided with UMich being the closest thing to Ivy League I was going to get into. I was at the LSA, College of Literature - but I flunked out of language training. Mom and Dad fronted the cash for me to study overseas, hoping I'd get to Europe and actually learn enough German / French for me to come back the next semester and finish my degree. I ended up traveling with a bunch of Australians and decided to fuck off college and head to Sydney. Mom and Dad threatened to stop funding what was becoming basically an all expenses paid drug binge unless I re-enrolled, and I convinced them to pay for me to go to the University of Sydney - which is just this spectacular campus right in the heart of the city, only half an hour from some of the most beautiful beaches you'll ever see in your life. I stayed for 3 years and actually manged to piece together a degree. I told my parents I wanted to stay, and had already applied to extend my student Visa - but they told me if I did they'd cut me off.

It was the stupidest thing I ever did in my life, driven by laziness and privlidge, but I decided to go back to the States. In Australia, university is different - they don't have a distinction between college and uni - you can get your BA at 21 and off you go. Mom and Dad didn't think it was good enough so they wanted me back at Uni doing a post grad course. They're both academics and they didn't want to cut me lose without a 'proper education'. Fucking backfired because Michigan depressed me so much I ended up fucking off to Detroit and squating, bar tending, just generally being a miscreant really. Long story short, that's where I was when we decided we could get away with a stick up job.

So basically - I was an over privlidged little fuck who had the world laid out at his feet, and threw it all up down the toilet. One of the many things that prison taught me - especially after being confronted with the suffering and abject poverty of black convicts - is take what you're given and don't argue. Because you got lucky. You could have been born black with a crack pipe in your crib. Crib as in, cot, not you know, a house. I might have done time but I'm not that ebonic.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
my good friend have been to america prison and singapore prison ..he still prefer america prison because ...

1) get to work in USA prison and the monthly salary is about us$1000 VS ( singapore prison which is sin$35 amonth ) .

2 ) better food including steaks , chicken drumstick , mashed potato ect......VS ( cost of food in singapore prison $4.00 PER inmates PER day )

3 ) can read the latest newspapers VS ( newspaper are backdated by 3 weeks in singapore prison .

4 ) can use walkman and watch tv . VS ( in sin prison only sleeping , read books )

5 ) sleep on the bed VS sleeping on the floor with straw mat

6 ) library with more then thousands of book VS library with less then 200 books

7 ) better medicial welfare VS cheap medication

8) freedom of speech VS dont kpkb or kena punishment cell

9 ) everyday can write letters ( no limit ) VS 2 letters per month .

10) one visit per week ( each time 30mins ) VS 2 visit per month ( each time 20mins ).

i can go on and on ...........

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
i can go on and on ...........

I think not everyone have this privileges and depend on which level of prison they are in (minimum/medium/maximum security). These inmates must have positive/good behavior in order to earn such good privileges.

If one is in level 5 security or supermax prison, they only get to have 1 hour of "R & R" and 23-hour solitary confinement daily.

If you are in ADX Florence (24-hour solitary confinement), you will go bonkers in no time. :eek:

I think those inmates in Changi Prison still have a "better life" in there as compared in the 80s, minus the welfare.

Last edited:

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Life in Changi Prison

Some incarcerating experiences by some samsters in the main board.

Link:
http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=215632

The 1st month in prison

I felt like I was living in hell, my freedom was limited and I could not accomodate prison life. Every morning (745pm), our breadfast is 4 piece of bread with butter or jam and a cup of coffee. Daily lunch (12pm)will be either curry "tou pok" with rice, or fish cake with hot day and one vegetables. Only wednesday and sunday, we will have mee hoon or mee for lunch. Evening (5pm), we will have baked chicken or no head fish or fillet. The food taste is still accetable but I had lost 10kg during my 1st month stay in prison. I had no contact outside and I could only write letters to my family or friends twice a month.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal

Continue....

For those sexual offence, the prisoners will not know unless the wardern officers tell. Presently, any offences committed by anyone will not display out in your display card. In the past, the offences committed will be show in the your ID card where this card is place outside your cells. Thus, others prisoners will know what offences you had committed. Now, there are rules and regulation in prison, different from previously. Wardern officers used to wack up prisoners but now they talk to you nicely. If you become aggressive, they will only lock you up in the punishment cell. They seldom punch you or kick you. For AJ, those are likely during the past but nowadays, I didnt heard the prisoners will do that cos if they do that, the punishment is very heavy. At least 20years imprison if you treat your inmates such way.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal

Continue....

Yes, It is very true that the 1st month in prison life sux.... During my 2nd month stay, I felt better but still feel bored. Every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, we will have yard activities whereby you can exercise and play only 2 games like basketball and "surpar takro". For Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, we will watch very old TV programs (recorded last year). Sunday, we will be lock up in the cell basically for the whole day. Since my sentence is short, we are not allowed to work. Even if you had work, the salary is miserable but at least you can buy some foods from the canteen.

BTW, drink driving is a serious offences. For drinking driving, the sentence might be as long as a yr if you commited few times

In Singapore, please make sure you do not make any major mistake if not you will just end up in jail. A lot of people who didnt pay the parking fines also end up in prison for few days to weeks depending on the amount.

QRP is the most difficult to "sit" place. Security is the tightest, because many people flow in and out daily. In and out of court and many visitors , laywers, IO. etc.

Inmate have to strip, in and out of every place.

I heard food is the worst in QRP too.

I got a friend who was remanded for almost 4 months. then sentensed to 3 yrs for some CBT cases. He told us many stories before

One funny thing I remember is... he said for almost 2 complete year, he never see the Moon ... because no activity after 5pm.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Life in QRP

Re: Life in QRP

QRP is the worst prison. sleep need to sleep in mahjong position. very hot and only can bathe when in yard time by the time go back to cell alr hot and sticky liao. end up use toliet bowl water to bathe again. And pang sai also need to lun until yard then can pang unless really boh pian u pang sai in cell after finish ur business liao still need to use tooth paste wash the toliet bowl until clean clean

well i have a friend that went in for few weeks and has been quite shaken by the experience.

in short, he told me its like sauna inside at every moment and u only have an hour of freedom each day and u can wear their t shirts and shorts only, no underwear allowed

Please dun flame others here, I'm just here to let the brothers here know how prison life. Please note that if now there only few prison left in Singapore. They are Changi Cluster A & B, and AWP. Clusters A & B got 5 Blocks. Clusters A are mainly for workshops and Clusters B do have long sentence but different. B1 is for sentences more than 5 years, B2 is a Remand Center, B3 is for Drugs related offences, B4 for mainly for short sentences and B5 mainly for sentence up to 2 ~5 years. AWP is mainly for foreign inmates who committed offence in Singapore. There are few kinds of collar in Changi White, Blue, Red and Grey. White are for normal inmates whereby we will have deduction on sentences (1month 10 days deduction) but Blue got to serve the full sentences. For Red, I think minimum 20 years sentence and for grey are all under chapter 55 where they dont know when is their release dates.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal

Okay, since there are brothers interested in prison life, now I will talk more detail on food in prison life. Every morning we will have a mug of coffee or tea and the taste might change every bi-monthly. We are also offered 4pcs of bread applied with cream (taste like butter) or Jam. Sometime the bread are a bit hard when applied with Jam. Just to let you there are different kind of lunch and dinner in prison. There are normal, off bean, off sugar, off chilli, bread diet and soft diet. If you got no sickness, you will take the normal diet. If you had Gout, you will take off bean. If you have diebetes, you will take off sugar and if yiu cant take chilli, you will take off chilli. For bread and soft diet, you goto request from Superidentent of Prison. The lunch consist of 1 veg and 2 hotdogs, or veg and 1 boiled egg, or beehoon with hotdog/fishcake (every wednesday and sometimes Saturday), veg and fishcake mixed hotdog curry sauce, and; veg and beancurd with fishball. For dinner, once a month, we will have ikan billis with peanut, egg and veg; Bitter ground with Chicken. If not the dinner will be veg with no head fish; veg with baked Chicken (the sauce is change each time but the sauce tast horrible except for curry); veg with 3 hotdog and veg with 1 pc fillet. For main festive seasons only, we will have special foods. For christian chinese/indian they will celebrate x'mas only, for muslim, they will celebrate Hari Raya. For Indian they will celebrate depa and for free thinker and chinese, they will only celebrate Chinese new year.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal

Re: Life in Changi Prison, before 2000.

before 2000 year.

Every morning, 1, 3, 5 & 7. Milk Tea.
2, 4, 6 kopi.

Bread 3 slice, rotate between, Butten, kaya and strawberry jam.

lunch,
Mon, rotate from bean curd or tau pok , 1 veg
tue, fish,
Wed, rotate from fried meehon or kway tio
Thu, fish ,
Fri, rotate from tau pok or bean curd
Sat, rotate, fish or fried mee goreng.
Sun, if sat mee, then will Luncheon meat, if sat fish, then Sun mi tak but noddle.

dinner,
mon, pork
tue, chicken
Wed, egg and ikan billis
Thu, Chicken
Fri, Pork
Sat , Fish
Sun, egg and ikan billis

old Changi got A B C D E F G hall.

A hall for Blue collar. Collective prisoner. those who are repest offender.
min 5year.

D hall is the teen hall, if your age under 21. you will be staying here.

E hall, below is bread factory, top is Punsihment Cell, we call it PC.

F hall is 55, used to keep those gangster

G hall is also 55, used to keep drug trafficker

in 1993, F & G hall inmate will transfer to the newly build 95million Tanan Merah Prison.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal

Friday morning 5am is the hanging.

as it is very quiet, you can actually hear the bang when the thing open.

If got hanging, then friday no BA BA service, Ba ba is out patient service, you go visit the nurse get medicine.

For main festive seasons only, we will have special foods. For christian chinese/indian they will celebrate x'mas only, for muslim, they will celebrate Hari Raya. For Indian they will celebrate depa and for free thinker and chinese, they will only celebrate Chinese new year.

Chinese can choose between Xmas or CNY.

the prison set $5 for each celebrating inmate, the rest same usual normal meal.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal

Due to the proper daily 3 meals, once a inmates are use to prison life and can eat as normal, most inmates will put on weight .

In QRP, all inmates are given a small pill of drinking water which are always not enough. Inside the cell, there is a WC but usually they will not shit in it as they depend on this WC for extra water for drinking and bathing in the cell(illegal act using plastic bag ). Big business will only be done in 'yard'. How they do it ? Figure it out or try it.....oops there is no more QRP !

Bro, this rules dont normally applied much anymore. Now each sell got 2 toilets, both the toilet can be use for bathe and shit. We can bathe and shit how many times you want. Normally, the young ones will clean the place up while the olders will help out a bit. One main rules is no shitting during food time. They is one newbie who don't know get scolded by the old timer left right center and he even argue back. Nearly get into a fight but was resolve. Nowadays, although there are cells rules but many people had ignore and didn't practise it. By courtesy, the newbie coming into a new cell will actually asked 1st so that at least they know if there are any rules. If you say the sleeping place, your makan place it all fixed. Like chinese, they don't do prayers early in the morning, they will give priority to malay to use the toilet 1st. Inside the cell, the only problem is when you meet those who have mental problem. It is very hard for us to communite with them. Sometimes, I really feel pitied for them to come into prison.

Yes, thin staw mats on the floor providing you with 2 blankets. Blanket could only washed once every 2months. Each month they will give you 1 toothbrush, toothpaste and 2 cake of soap and rolls of toilet paper. They only provide face towels only. The face towels will be change once every 2 months. They dont provide those big towels for drying your bodies.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
basically prison is not meant as a holiday chalet.

US prison is seriously understaffed and under budgeted. And given there are those serving life sentence with no parole...u can expect troubles...they are going to die there in any case...what can be worse.

speaking to my friend who is a prison officer - he say nowadays its more of reform and not so much of 'tekan'...of course this is sometimes contradicted like in the book of Alan.