• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Race & Religion Folder ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure I cannot be the only one who is concerned about the amount of dregatory racial comments that appear in many of the threads. It is not something that was commonplace in the past. 3 in 1 is a basket case because the mods lost control.

More importantly I would like to echo what Nice-Gook commented in another thread about allowing racism as an excuse to hand over identities of individuals and bringing the forum to a close. At the moment, no liberal government especially NZ is not going to cooperate with the Singapore authorities if less than rosy comments about the PAP or politics appear.

We all know that gloves come out quickly, govts fall in line when paedophilia content appears on the net. To a lesser degree where racism and human rights abuse occur.

The vast majority of SBF forummers are ok. Talking about cultural and racial traits and poor habits of FTs are fine. But not the non-stop chatter about race in the true racist sense which is never good and not fair.

Would love to keep the freedom of speech philosophy intact. Would suggest that who ever insecure about their own identity and race, post their stuff in the religion folder. Anyone looking at the folder will recognise immediately that its content is nutcase 101.

It about time the mods even though they cannot do much except in the moderated forum show a bit of backbone and leadership in correcting deviant beahviour including where i have gone nuts or overboard in my posts. Forget about the popularity contest. It is also pointless following the herd. Lets face it when Windsor was around, he had more balls and he certainly was not looking for votes to stand for elections. He did make a difference, people started to behave. Granted he was a bit too rigid but time would have fixed it. Frankly anyone who joins this forum and looking for respect, recognition or to be put on pedestal needs to have his head examined.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I've always left the racist crap alone as evidence that all is not well behind the facade. It's an eye opener and the authorities should be happy that this forum gives a glimpse of what really lies under the hood of "multiracial, multicultural Singapore" where all live on one happy island in peace and harmony.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've always left the racist crap alone as evidence that all is not well behind the facade. It's an eye opener and the authorities should be happy that this forum gives a glimpse of what really lies under the hood of "multiracial, multicultural Singapore" where all live on one happy island in peace and harmony.

That is one good place where the resident racist can do his Moderation pretty well. There are good discussions on race relations without it going down to the level of childish name calling that we now see frequently. Like the TCSS it should be tone down because all threads will be reduce to nonsensical racist rants.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No issues there and there have been many insightful no-hold barred discussions both in the political and kopitiam folder on race such as quota, the lack of progress in some races, hiding the ugly side of Singapore, usual steretypes etc. Lets face it, the Indians have an issue with alcohol, wife beating, the malays have a boatload of issues which even the Malay PAP MPs have failed miserably to fix etc. The behaviour of Ah Tiongs and Ah Neh are also fair game seeing their disgusting cultural traits that they have brought over. These are par for the course. Lets face it this forum has never been shy about the truth.

Talking about rubbish like the tcss but with same racial nonsense that appear in increasing levels in good threads by the same few.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Talking about rubbish like the tcss but with same racial nonsense that appear in increasing levels in good threads by the same few.

I'll leave it to my moderator to steer threads in the right direction should they start developing racial undertones when there should be none.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I know I'm going to get into Scroobal and Sam bad book for saying this but I still must say. You were right to say that few of us engaged in the usual racist thingy. But wait a minute, did you not notice it was basically one or two of them who kept taunting that dragged some of us neutral observers to have a go at them? When they persistently taunted us even when we stopped, did any super seniors or moderators came out to say, "ok, it's enough" The answer is no. All you super seniors just stood there and watch and when policeman Sam came along and send a few to the jail, then you all came out in your usual nicks and clones and talk like some saints.

For goodness sake, if some of you had even bother to come out and say, "stop it, otherwise...." things would have not escalated until like this. Before all of you commented on those who got into Sam's bad book, you need a mirror first.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know I'm going to get into Scroobal and Sam bad book for saying this but I still must say. You were right to say that few of us engaged in the usual racist thingy. But wait a minute, did you not notice it was basically one or two of them who kept taunting that dragged some of us neutral observers to have a go at them? When they persistently taunted us even when we stopped, did any super seniors or moderators came out to say, "ok, it's enough" The answer is no. All you super seniors just stood there and watch and when policeman Sam came along and send a few to the jail, then you all came out in your usual nicks and clones and talk like some saints.

For goodness sake, if some of you had even bother to come out and say, "stop it, otherwise...." things would have not escalated until like this. Before all of you commented on those who got into Sam's bad book, you need a mirror first.

stop for what?

that's where all the fun are!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Too be honest, there are days when I don't read a single post. On days when I am involved, I would read perhaps 5% of what has been posted over the previous 24 hours at most. There are now 1500 messages posted daily. There is no way one or two moderators can screen everything.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, that will help. I hope this thread will help to remind the few to do the right thing.

I'll leave it to my moderator to steer threads in the right direction should they start developing racial undertones when there should be none.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not the one with the issue. Your posts are perfectly fine. We have always been straight about the issues with the races.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have the potential to be one of the better forumers here. You should know better than to get involve which you did and you got caught in it. The wise thing was to avoid replying but you did not.

So do not say you want help or expect members like scroobal to butt in. He knows better and so do most others to avoid getting involved. You think scroobal has not been attacked before? Check with your close buddies AK Lol King and JustAFuck_1 when they ganged up on someone. You joined in and now you think you are not in the wrong?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Too be honest, there are days when I don't read a single post. On days when I am involved, I would read perhaps 5% of what has been posted over the previous 24 hours at most. There are now 1500 messages posted daily. There is no way one or two moderators can screen everything.

Give me the moderator position on a probation basis of weekly review. I will do a better job than all your moderators combined in this folder. I will just

1. Merge repeated threads.
2. Stop quarrels that have escalated into persistent hounding

If there is any abuse of power on my side, you can take away the moderator post any time.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You are not the one with the issue. Your posts are perfectly fine. We have always been straight about the issues with the races.

I was just upset that people ignored the initial aggressor and tried to push the blame on those who retaliate.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You have the potential to be one of the better forumers here. You should know better than to get involve which you did and you got caught in it. The wise thing was to avoid replying but you did not.

So do not say you want help or expect members like scroobal to butt in. He knows better and so do most others to avoid getting involved. You think scroobal has not been attacked before? Check with your close buddies AK Lol King and JustAFuck_1 when they ganged up on someone. You joined in and now you think you are not in the wrong?

I did not say I was not wrong. I can even admit I should not have jumped in when he was hounding AK. But then who are there to step in and stop the nonsense? No one until Sam had to step in. If any of the super seniors had bothered to step in and give a warning, I don't think things would have got bad.

I stopped when I realised that there is no point talking to the guy. You can dig out my threads, TWICE, I said ok, let's stop it. But what did he do? He continued his hounding. People made mistakes. I made the mistake of engaging him but I stopped before it gets very messy. You don't see my responding to his taunts after last night.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I have a suggestion. I don't know of this could be done with vbulletin. In some forums, under every folder, when people start a thread, they can add an option like this

HDB FLAT FOR SALE: Tampines 5 room flat at 700k
CONDO FOR SALE: Tropicana 3 bedroom for sale

In this forum, you can give people 2 options when they start a thread.

Serious Discussion Only: 80 men jailed for sex with underage girl

TCSS Allowed: The train broke down again!

So everyone will be clear when they can TCSS and when should they not.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Give me the moderator position on a probation basis of weekly review. I will do a better job than all your moderators combined in this folder. I will just

1. Merge repeated threads.
2. Stop quarrels that have escalated into persistent hounding

If there is any abuse of power on my side, you can take away the moderator post any time.

Ok, I have been give this temp mod position. I will just stick to the above 2 duties. Please judge me based on the above two criteria. Any other nonsense, let the super moderator handle it.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ganged up on someone? hahaa, better than you, do nothing but kiss Screwball's butt :biggrin:, but then again, why the fuck i talking to a clone, haizz..

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

The more options you give, the more there is to police and rectify and take action should there be acts of non compliance.

Let's keep it simple.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, this forum is 13 years old. These has been always been rowdy debates, abusive posts, strong views, nasty emails etc. All on par for the course. Because this is what the forum is

Its only recently that TCSS and racists rubbish started crossing into threads where it should not be. I can't recall we are ever having this amount of fluff in nearly every thread. And its the same few.

Imagine the forum owner has bascially in another thread has told one of the culprit to get lost a few times, but some people have such a thick skin, that no amount of reasoning can take place. The word chowka comes to mind.

Then we suddenly a have a popularity contest running which I never came across before. I even saw one mod being spoken to in a patronising manner and he started bending down instead of giving back with both barrels. Reminds me of PAP screwing Singaporeans replayed at an individual level.

I have a suggestion. I don't know of this could be done with vbulletin. In some forums, under every folder, when people start a thread, they can add an option like this

HDB FLAT FOR SALE: Tampines 5 room flat at 700k
CONDO FOR SALE: Tropicana 3 bedroom for sale

In this forum, you can give people 2 options when they start a thread.

Serious Discussion Only: 80 men jailed for sex with underage girl

TCSS Allowed: The train broke down again!