• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Different types of porridge for men and women, typical Teo Chew Lang!

Very interesting video, thank you. I am more interested in the description on how to cook good traditional porridge.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pasir Panjang had had changed a lot after the MRT in operation anyway now it's very convenient to get there by MRT for my favorite hailam curry rice

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tanglin Halt Market's kwaychap is actually not bad. Open for breakfast and lunch only

My goodness I wonder when was the last time I had a haircut in Singapore must be many years ago not bad, $11 plus shaving. Ok not complaining just FYI my haircuts in Bangkok is 80baht plus shaving that's like $3.20.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Tanglin Halt Market's kwaychap is actually not bad. Open for breakfast and lunch only

My goodness I wonder when was the last time I had a haircut in Singapore must be many years ago not bad, $11 plus shaving. Ok not complaining just FYI my haircuts in Bangkok is 80baht plus shaving that's like $3.20.

No intestine for your kway chap? That's the best part.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
SIN KEE Famous Chicken Rice originated in 2nd floor of the now torn down Margaret Drive Food Centre

Years ago there was a split. Two brothers left, one to Meichin Market the other to Alexandra Village Food Centre. The rest stayed put I heard made up of other relatives and old workers. When the Margaret Drive Food Centre was torn down this last group took up a big unit in the old Queenstown Market. It look like this today

After a few years this too closed down and it was only last month that I found it surfaced in Holland Drive marke when I went there for kwaychap. Today went to try if it's still as good

Its open for lunch only

Half chicken ($13)

Like the original way the chicken is perfectly cooked

Bean sprouts is crunchy yet not under cook. Chili is still as shiok as before

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
At least u should get the pig skin and kiam chye. i wouldn't eat it without the kiam chye.

Kiam chye is ok for me but not pig skin which I consider spare part too. Wife like to eat pigs ears said its crunchy.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
While in Holland Market its worth to take a look at this wonton noodle store.

Tah-bao back all said its very nice

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to stay in queenstown blk 26 from 1983-1987. always go queensway walk after schools and played catching at the see saw near ntuc. missed the $1 10 fish ball teochew mee at 14th floor market. those days things were very cheap.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
How much does the restaurant or bar charge for that bottle of 2007 Arena Amarone?

That Amarone was $189.90 but actually the highlight is the other bottle a 1994 Bodegas Urbina Rioja Gran, for its age one is surprised at its freshness yet robust and intensity of oak surely will leave a long impression on me, highly recommended and it goes for only $179.90.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That Amarone was $189.90 but actually the highlight is the other bottle a 1994 Bodegas Urbina Rioja Gran, for its age one is surprised at its freshness yet robust and intensity of oak surely will leave a long impression on me, highly recommended and it goes for only $179.90.

Wow, beyond my means.