• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Qst about past: National & Bata

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah lau, u so lazy hah? Just walk over to Waterloo Street, and there, u will find the bestest row of Indian rojak stores, mee goering, etc. Better any day than Wanton mee, and much better than the shit that passes for Indian Rojak today. Only downside is you have to sit with SJI faggots if they are there. On the other hand, also got possibility to see CHIJ Town Convent girls, and their sluttier neighbour St. Anthony convent girls. :-)

You must be damn lao jiao. :biggrin:

Waterloo indian rojak moved to Albert Food Center, at the corner store facing OG.

I remembered St. Anthony Convent, had to go there for lessons when we still had to do Religious Knowledge.

ablekid

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes the wanton mee at the coffee shop behind the National sign board is best ,serve by two cantonese amah chie woman.Only eat that after show at capitol

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are right. My recollection was there was only one music store on that stretch of road. And it was quite big, rows and rows of glass displays with musical instruments. They sell pianos, brass wind instrument, did piano tuning, sheet music, etc. If this is the store you are thinking off, than its probably Seasons.

Swee Lee also had a Boy Scout shop inside selling uniforms, berets and later the 'nehru' caps and of course the various Boy Scout badges. Later they stopped selling Boy Scout unifroms and badges because of the competition from the Singapore Boys Scouts Association at Clemanceau Road, just near the Istana.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Swee Lee also had a Boy Scout shop inside selling uniforms, berets and later the 'nehru' caps and of course the various Boy Scout badges. Later they stopped selling Boy Scout unifroms and badges because of the competition from the Singapore Boys Scouts Association at Clemanceau Road, just near the Istana.

Swee Lee had musical instrument branches in Plaza Singapura and Bras Basah Complex too, very popular with Ah Mat and Ah Beng guitarists and drummers etc. I didn't know much about their Boy Scouts shop. All my Boy Scouts stuff, I bought from Sands House, yes that one at Clemenceau Road.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Swee Lee had musical instrument branches in Plaza Singapura and Bras Basah Complex too, very popular with Ah Mat and Ah Beng guitarists and drummers etc. I didn't know much about their Boy Scouts shop. All my Boy Scouts stuff, I bought from Sands House, yes that one at Clemenceau Road.

I think they moved to Plaza Spura when their old place at North Bridge Rd was demolished

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Singapore Scout Association is now in Bishan. I walked in once and noted that it did not hold tha same wonder that Sands House did.