• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
The CIQ is there. It is already in operation for the Indonesia ferries. It is also for the yacht sailors. It is even for the cruise liners.
With or without Singapore ferries, it is up to them. PH / Medini will not die just because Singapore does not allow so.

Anyway, PH and Medini is scheduled to be up and running only in 2018. Rush for what?

Its better to start later than earlier and flounder halfway.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Malaysia it is always must see first then buy, no see, no buy. Talk and words all empty.
Investment is buying into the future. If one must see before buying, that's not investment unless you are buying into something that you don't see today. Base on your opinion, which if not restricted to property, M'sia should be a dead country by now attracting no investment at all.

In general, it takes a more shrew investor to capitalise on the opportunities there.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investment is buying into the future. If one must see before buying, that's not investment unless you are buying into something that you don't see today. Base on your opinion, which if not restricted to property, M'sia should be a dead country by now attracting no investment at all.

In general, it takes a more shrew investor to capitalise on the opportunities there.

Does not apply in Malaysia dude. They may attract a lot of investors due to empty promises.

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
That phrase may apply to other areas. But for Malaysia, it's more like the wait is something of a bad news or may never come.

HSR, RTS, Malaysia to be 1st world by 2020, Medini to be the "CBD" where businesses will thrive and all that jazz..... Talk talk talk only. No firm plan, no strict timeline is just disaster waiting to happen. That's the risks one takes.

Actually, the reply for this is kind of in line with what I've heard and see so far - ie. for this at least, it is not Malaysia to blame but Singapore that is dawdling. For all that is said, I don't think Singapore wants to give people to much access to Malaysia, not now at least. The hype about Iskandar seems to have cooled, senior personnel in Singapore are talking about Iskandar's problems.

I'm wondering, just wondering, that maybe now when the Singapore economy is not exactly the hottest, they do not want more money flowing out. Having a regular service may open more access to Malaysia and its success may lead to other things ie. More ferry services to other places...

I dunno.... what do you guys think?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, the reply for this is kind of in line with what I've heard and see so far - ie. for this at least, it is not Malaysia to blame but Singapore that is dawdling. For all that is said, I don't think Singapore wants to give people to much access to Malaysia, not now at least. The hype about Iskandar seems to have cooled, senior personnel in Singapore are talking about Iskandar's problems.

I'm wondering, just wondering, that maybe now when the Singapore economy is not exactly the hottest, they do not want more money flowing out. Having a regular service may open more access to Malaysia and its success may lead to other things ie. More ferry services to other places...

I dunno.... what do you guys think?

From my own point of view currently there is no critical Mass to support the daily Ferry to & from PH / Vivo.
On weekends maybe from SG Vivo to PH. So PH side might not be pushing hard for the approval as yet.
Come 2018 when most of the High rise apartments VP & demands are stable the link up should happen.
Would not be surprised if the link up happens in 2017.

As for myself the Ferry link if happens is a Bonus.
I bought into PH wo factoring in the Ferry link.
It's for my future retirement abode.

:biggrin:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Word of Caution.. Two sons of a Wealthy tycoon from Singapore were apparently kidnapped when they fly to Penang for business deals. Of course, I know that many of us here, being 2nd class marina living investors are nothing compared to these two sons of a rich tycoon but we still have to exercise caution and dress down in JB. Do not flaunt your Rolex. I got no rolexs so I can flaunt nothing

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Word of Caution.. Two sons of a Wealthy tycoon from Singapore were apparently kidnapped when they fly to Penang for business deals. Of course, I know that many of us here, being 2nd class marina living investors are nothing compared to these two sons of a rich tycoon but we still have to exercise caution and dress down in JB. Do not flaunt your Rolex. I got no rolexs so I can flaunt nothing

Where is the source?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Probably have their movements monitored and "someone on the inside".... Too many CSI shows :wink:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got this from another site
and also story from Straits Times.
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...rce=Facebook&link_time=1456407601#xtor=CS1-10

===============

Singapore Police Force
11 mins ·
ARREST OF SUSPECTS FOR EXTORTION AND MURDER
[Case of Extortion]

The Police have arrested four Singaporeans, one man and three women aged between 26 and 54, for their suspected involvement in a case of extortion.

On 22 February 2016 at about 10.54pm, Police received a call informing of a case where a 29-year-old woman was contacted via an unknown Malaysian mobile phone number, demanding for a ransom of USD 250,000 to be paid for the release of her fiancé, a 28-year-old Singaporean man, who had left for Malaysia.

Upon receipt of the report, officers from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and Police Intelligence Department (PID) responded immediately and commenced investigative probes and ground enquiries. Preliminary investigations revealed that the 28-year-old man, together with his 27-year-old brother, had travelled to Penang for a business trip on 21 February 2016.

Officers from the Singapore Police Force (SPF) coordinated their efforts with the Royal Malaysia Police (RMP) to pursue all available leads and intensify their investigative efforts to establish the whereabouts of the victims as well as locate the possible suspects. Working tirelessly round the clock, the officers’ efforts paid off when they subsequently established the suspects’ identities, as well as the location where the two Singaporean victims were believed to be held against their will.

In an operation conducted on 24 February 2016, officers from the RMP raided a hotel in Penang. Four Malaysian men were arrested during the operation by the RMP and the two victims were rescued unharmed. In a swift and coordinated strike on the same day, SPF CID officers moved in and arrested four Singaporean suspects in connection to the case. No ransom money was delivered.
Three of the four suspects will be charged in Court on 26 February 2016 at 9.00 am with the offence of Putting a Person in Fear of Harm in Order to Commit Extortion with Common Intention under Section 385 read with Section 34 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224 which carries a maximum jail term of five years and caning. Investigation against the remaining female suspect is still ongoing.

[Murders at Teck Whye Lane and Hougang Avenue 3]
The Police had received a call on 14 February 2016 at about 6.59 am requesting for assistance at a temple along Teck Whye Lane. Upon arrival, a 53-year-old man was found lying motionless at the said location and was pronounced dead by paramedics at scene at about 7.09 am.
Following protracted investigations by officers from CID, the identity of the suspect, a 47-year-old Singaporean Chinese man, was established and he was arrested on 24 February 2016.

On 25 February 2016 at about 2.14 am, in an unrelated case, Police also responded to a request for assistance at Blk 23, Hougang Avenue 3. Upon arrival, a 37-year-old man was found injured at the said location and he was conveyed to Tan Tock Seng Hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead on the same day at about 3.28 am.
Officers from CID responded swiftly and arrested the suspect, a 50-year-old Singaporean Chinese man, at the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 on the same morning.

Both suspects will be charged in Court on 26 February 2016 at 9 am with the offence of Murder under Section 302(1) of the Penal Code, Chapter 224, which carries the death penalty.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got this from another site
and also story from Straits Times.
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...rce=Facebook&link_time=1456407601#xtor=CS1-10

===============

Singapore Police Force
11 mins ·
ARREST OF SUSPECTS FOR EXTORTION AND MURDER
[Case of Extortion]

The Police have arrested four Singaporeans, one man and three women aged between 26 and 54, for their suspected involvement in a case of extortion.

On 22 February 2016 at about 10.54pm, Police received a call informing of a case where a 29-year-old woman was contacted via an unknown Malaysian mobile phone number, demanding for a ransom of USD 250,000 to be paid for the release of her fiancé, a 28-year-old Singaporean man, who had left for Malaysia.

Upon receipt of the report, officers from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and Police Intelligence Department (PID) responded immediately and commenced investigative probes and ground enquiries. Preliminary investigations revealed that the 28-year-old man, together with his 27-year-old brother, had travelled to Penang for a business trip on 21 February 2016.

Officers from the Singapore Police Force (SPF) coordinated their efforts with the Royal Malaysia Police (RMP) to pursue all available leads and intensify their investigative efforts to establish the whereabouts of the victims as well as locate the possible suspects. Working tirelessly round the clock, the officers’ efforts paid off when they subsequently established the suspects’ identities, as well as the location where the two Singaporean victims were believed to be held against their will.

In an operation conducted on 24 February 2016, officers from the RMP raided a hotel in Penang. Four Malaysian men were arrested during the operation by the RMP and the two victims were rescued unharmed. In a swift and coordinated strike on the same day, SPF CID officers moved in and arrested four Singaporean suspects in connection to the case. No ransom money was delivered.
Three of the four suspects will be charged in Court on 26 February 2016 at 9.00 am with the offence of Putting a Person in Fear of Harm in Order to Commit Extortion with Common Intention under Section 385 read with Section 34 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224 which carries a maximum jail term of five years and caning. Investigation against the remaining female suspect is still ongoing.

[Murders at Teck Whye Lane and Hougang Avenue 3]
The Police had received a call on 14 February 2016 at about 6.59 am requesting for assistance at a temple along Teck Whye Lane. Upon arrival, a 53-year-old man was found lying motionless at the said location and was pronounced dead by paramedics at scene at about 7.09 am.
Following protracted investigations by officers from CID, the identity of the suspect, a 47-year-old Singaporean Chinese man, was established and he was arrested on 24 February 2016.

On 25 February 2016 at about 2.14 am, in an unrelated case, Police also responded to a request for assistance at Blk 23, Hougang Avenue 3. Upon arrival, a 37-year-old man was found injured at the said location and he was conveyed to Tan Tock Seng Hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead on the same day at about 3.28 am.
Officers from CID responded swiftly and arrested the suspect, a 50-year-old Singaporean Chinese man, at the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 on the same morning.

Both suspects will be charged in Court on 26 February 2016 at 9 am with the offence of Murder under Section 302(1) of the Penal Code, Chapter 224, which carries the death penalty.

Chey, should have kidnapped the $9.5m dollar man and extort the whole $9.5m. Anyone listening?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the advert of technology, it is useless to kidnap or murder for money. But if u must, u can PM me and I can reveal to you how our investigators work. I used to work as a civil servant when I was a young chap!

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its hard to believe there are girls in Singapore who can be so scheming as to plan such an elaborate kidnapping scheme for just $300k. Its not that a lot of money in the kidnapping arena

To rich men, $300K or half a peanut is loose change to you. If one's take home pay is only $3K a month, it will be extremely challenging to even save $30K annually. $300K represents 10 year savings.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
To rich men, $300K or half a peanut is loose change to you. If one's take home pay is only $3K a month, it will be extremely challenging to even save $30K annually. $300K represents 10 year savings.

You're 100% on point there - easy for people who have ridden an asset driven value boom in an expansionary 30 year SG period to scoff at such sums, but it shows how disconnected the generations are, particularly across Social strata.

And to be fair, no-one should be reminded of the need to take sensible precautions - ostentatious displays of wealth can see you relieved of portable value very quickly in London/New York/Paris/Rome/Sydney...basically anywhere in the civilized world.

I idiotically left my keys in a brand new 1000cc sports bike in a public car park overnight last week. There is nowhere else in the world that it would have still been there the next day but here...god bless sg.