• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
That'd why the sg factor is worth a premium. I quote a CEO fren.. Iskandar is the new frontier

Latest news!! Foreign purchase in state of Johor will be faced with a 4-5% stamp duty as compared to the current RM10k. that is 4-5 times more for a RM1mil property.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
if full time investor (i suppose you mean rental, right) i would definitely go for KL condo. but prices now have shot up too much. better to wait a bit there. i'm thinking more for my own use, actually.

Sorry sorrry, I did not put clearly. i actually mean people whom dun have to be ties down in Singapore, if time allows, actually flying to KL is quite easy & affordable via jetstar.

I have been doing that for the past few months. Cos I stay in the east, so going to Changi Airport is easy. jus reach 40min before flight time, walk in n board. an hour flight, sometimes even faster, have timed before they k reach in 30min if they wan to fly fast to catch up. then jus hop on KLIA express to KL Sentral n for me I hop on to LRT to KLCC. abt RM36.6, cheaper compared to taxi n time more predictable.

the weekend in KLCC is quite nice n relaxing, with less traffic. what I like is the convenience to stay within short proximity to 5 star hotels n walking distance to KLCC & Pavilion. alot of meal and chillout options. or jus enjoy a personal training session at RM80 per hr at mandarin oriental and use the pool and facilities after.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry sorrry, I did not put clearly. i actually mean people whom dun have to be ties down in Singapore, if time allows, actually flying to KL is quite easy & affordable via jetstar.

I have been doing that for the past few months. Cos I stay in the east, so going to Changi Airport is easy. jus reach 40min before flight time, walk in n board. an hour flight, sometimes even faster, have timed before they k reach in 30min if they wan to fly fast to catch up. then jus hop on KLIA express to KL Sentral n for me I hop on to LRT to KLCC. abt RM36.6, cheaper compared to taxi n time more predictable.

the weekend in KLCC is quite nice n relaxing, with less traffic. what I like is the convenience to stay within short proximity to 5 star hotels n walking distance to KLCC & Pavilion. alot of meal and chillout options. or jus enjoy a personal training session at RM80 per hr at mandarin oriental and use the pool and facilities after.

of course it's a good lifestyle choice, KL is much better than jb for sure. but what i mentioned (4 hrs drive) is just from my perspective. i like driving and i would like to drive around when in KL. and my folks can stay at my place too. hence my 'target' is always kind of around pj side.
are you renting out, or is your KLCC place for own use, too?

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course it's a good lifestyle choice, KL is much better than jb for sure. but what i mentioned (4 hrs drive) is just from my perspective. i like driving and i would like to drive around when in KL. and my folks can stay at my place too. hence my 'target' is always kind of around pj side.
are you renting out, or is your KLCC place for own use, too?

hehe, currently for own weekend use.

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, No did not sign the "Master Title". Do you know what the a "master title"? My lawyer said that she is waiting for a Form from the developer in order to apply for the State consent. Till now nothing heard from UEM Land.

Hi Avonup, did you sign any documents when you collect your S&P ?? I received a call from my lawyer to sign a document "Master Title" and to collect my S&P.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the name just doesn't sound marketable in english. sounds like "putrid harbor" as opposed to fragrant harbor, a.k.a. hk. :p

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very vague. Exact percentage? Day of implementation? Date of contract? People's development = special people?

from what this datuk is saying here in thestar online:
http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/...s-for-foreigners-buying-Johor-properties.aspx

"..the flat rate had been around for so long and that the state government was the one losing the revenue that it was supposed to get from foreigners."

it seems to me he's only interested in collection from foreigners. these people have never had a well thought plan.
although the market will adjust itself if implemented, it hope it will not be too harsh.

but i can guess what the immediate effect it may cause : possible panic buying!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyhow whack statements to boost his popularity. Opening ceremony at a seminar is not a proper platform for announcing government policies.

State Housing and Local Government executive councillor Datuk Abdul Latif Bandi told a press conference after opening the Green Industry seminar organised by the Pasir Gudang Municipal Council yesterday.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pacific Star isn't an out and out developer per se. They mainly take stakes in projects. this is as far as I know. I could be wrong.

as to which boss and what issues transpired I cant release details. all I can say is that someone made a verbal promise (business) but ultimately didn't keep it. I wasn't a direct party to the "promise" but nonetheless indirectly affected me to a small extent. didn't lose any money but just dam "buay song"

君子有所为, 有所不为. maybe I am just old school but I think keeping business promises are important, even if it is not written in black and white.

I didn't know pacific star has developed any ppty in SG. Which one was that?

Which boss has integrity issue? I'd be keen to know, pls pm me if u ok to share.
I know of Glenn who is in charge of this project. Hope you are not referring to him..

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
That guy is an idiot! its in his genetic make up.

Anyhow whack statements to boost his popularity. Opening ceremony at a seminar is not a proper platform for announcing government policies.

State Housing and Local Government executive councillor Datuk Abdul Latif Bandi told a press conference after opening the Green Industry seminar organised by the Pasir Gudang Municipal Council yesterday.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
still sounds like a lot of work to me for a RM80/hr training. I hope that RM80 comes with a happy ending. (wink wink)

but I guess at the end of the day, it boils down to personal preference and lifestyle. I would be hard pressed to cook up an excuse to the wife for an excursion to KL. But a notti excursion to JB would be very do-able.

And while I know its not the same, but if I bother to take the trouble to take a flight to KL, it isn't much more trouble to take a flight to BKK or HKG or CAN where the choices are yummier and cost-wise quite similar.

actually while typing this, I realised that part of the reason why flying makes me so tired is due to the walking. even though its air conditioned most of the way, its still a lot of steps to take versus getting into the car and driving to JB. hmmm... this warrants more investigation.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
So is anyone going to check out Puteri Cove Residences? Not going to buy but thinking of going to the sales office and KPO this weekend.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
So is anyone going to check out Puteri Cove Residences? Not going to buy but thinking of going to the sales office and KPO this weekend.

I am kaypohing..... but likely wont buy due to the stupid rule that restrict locals..... whats the point of buying 100% international lot if all u can sell is to locals?