• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
xebay11 may sound harsh (or maybe some think arrogant) at times but he speaks to the point. I prefer those who don't beat about the bush but state the facts and truths. You can always throw out the offensive part but retain the useful points.

I've noticed many here are saying "If Iskandar prospers, takes off, is successful...next time,...." Notice the word "If". This is in itself a speculation. You are buying based on what you think. Then you are no different from a kid or the uneducated coffeeshop uncles who looks at their 4D slips. It could just go the other way round, right? If Iskandar fails....

Now by "fail", I don't mean the whole place collapses or is left uninhabited. Since most here are property investors or own stay buyers of Iskandar, by "fail", I mean your property value takes a very long time to appreciate. Even if it can, you have to consider the other risks -- unstable Malaysian politics that will catch you offguard (remember, most of you are Singaporeans, ie FOREIGNERS, the first one to be disadvantaged when sudden policies are drafted out will be you), inflation, generally weak Malaysian ringgit, lack of proper planning, etc.

If say it takes you 15-20 years to have a 15% appreciation on your property value (lucky enough in the oversupply climate), but the currency is 20% weaker than before, you are screwed. You hold the property for so long but you still lose money. And with oversupply, who's going to buy from you? Already, those who bought their homes only a few years ago, they are suffering immediate 20% loss on their JB properties within just 2 years.

This is the other risk you have to take note:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/causeway-sees-long-queues-for-commuters-on-foot

I was wondering what has been causing the jam. Some wrongly accused the Singapore custom of making it tough for Singaporeans to cross over to JB in order not for our economy to be affected. What load of rubbish! It's because of stepped up security after the Paris terrorist attack.

Will this tight security happen next time? Sure, why not? Good luck to those who bought your properties there thinking of crossing the border every day. Some think it is "better life" to buy a big landed property in JB for relative little money and work in Singapore. What you gain in space, you lose in terms of precious time spent with your loved ones, you become more tired with less sleep each day, and of course, there is the safety issue. How is this a better quality of life?

Iskandar is poorly planned as far as residential properties are concerned because they are not developing the place first before the residential home buyers come in. There is a saying: "Do not put the cart before the horse". This is what Iskandar is. The whole place is generally ulu still. I don't see it "taking off" any time soon.

If anyone reasons out, well surely 20 years time it will! I say, that's too long a time to project. Anything can happen. It's high risk basically to project your hopes that far.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to make a clarification here, I do not see how I pride my own success as being arrogant, when I am giving pointers all the time to newbies on what to look out for, they are free to learn from me and be critical, I do not make arrogant remarks for the sake of being arrogant, but there are many on this thread who act like they have climbed Mount Everest and make condescending remarks like others only did Bukit Timah, really??

Do you guys really know my true net worth? The $2.6 million mentioned before is only a part of it, so do not think you have done Mount Everest without knowing if the next person has been to the moon and back.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
XXXXX climbed Bt Timah Hill... Upon scaling the top he looked over tiny SG and announced to the whole world. Im Top of the World. I've been there done that. I know all about scaling mountains...

Irony is, even KK or Genting or Cameron Highlands etc in msia is dunno how many times the altitude of Bt Timah Hill. Not to mention Mt Everest. But we dun hear established climbers bragging about their accomplishments. In fact most remain humble & encourages others trying to scale their own Mountains with positive sharing thru experiences & knowledge.

It's time to stop feeding the Troll... It's getting Fat & a waste of bandwith.

You mean like this???

Trumpet.jpg

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
just to make a clarification here, i do not see how i pride my own success as being arrogant, when i am giving pointers all the time to newbies on what to look out for, they are free to learn from me and be critical, i do not make arrogant remarks for the sake of being arrogant, but there are many on this thread who act like they have climbed mount everest and make condescending remarks like others only did bukit timah, really??

Do you guys really know my true net worth? The $2.6 million mentioned before is only a part of it, so do not think you have done mount everest without knowing if the next person has been to the moon and back.

***yawn***

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote Originally Posted by eric3417 View Post
XXXXX climbed Bt Timah Hill... Upon scaling the top he looked over tiny SG and announced to the whole world. Im Top of the World. I've been there done that. I know all about scaling mountains...

Irony is, even KK or Genting or Cameron Highlands etc in msia is dunno how many times the altitude of Bt Timah Hill. Not to mention Mt Everest. But we dun hear established climbers bragging about their accomplishments. In fact most remain humble & encourages others trying to scale their own Mountains with positive sharing thru experiences & knowledge.

It's time to stop feeding the Troll... It's getting Fat & a waste of bandwith.

And some arrogant fool say it's condescending remarks. Yawn.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on the ferry to Harbor front has been talking and supposed to start in 2013, now is almost 2016 and you are still hoping ha ha ah ha

As usual, dun do homework n open big arrogant mouth. official approval by SG only a few months ago . what talking you ? supposed to start in 2013 ? . duh...

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
xebay11 may sound harsh (or maybe some think arrogant) at times but he speaks to the point. I prefer those who don't beat about the bush but state the facts and truths. You can always throw out the offensive part but retain the useful points.

I've noticed many here are saying "If Iskandar prospers, takes off, is successful...next time,...." Notice the word "If". This is in itself a speculation. You are buying based on what you think. Then you are no different from a kid or the uneducated coffeeshop uncles who looks at their 4D slips. It could just go the other way round, right? If Iskandar fails....

Now by "fail", I don't mean the whole place collapses or is left uninhabited. Since most here are property investors or own stay buyers of Iskandar, by "fail", I mean your property value takes a very long time to appreciate. Even if it can, you have to consider the other risks -- unstable Malaysian politics that will catch you offguard (remember, most of you are Singaporeans, ie FOREIGNERS, the first one to be disadvantaged when sudden policies are drafted out will be you), inflation, generally weak Malaysian ringgit, lack of proper planning, etc.

If say it takes you 15-20 years to have a 15% appreciation on your property value (lucky enough in the oversupply climate), but the currency is 20% weaker than before, you are screwed. You hold the property for so long but you still lose money. And with oversupply, who's going to buy from you? Already, those who bought their homes only a few years ago, they are suffering immediate 20% loss on their JB properties within just 2 years.

This is the other risk you have to take note:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/causeway-sees-long-queues-for-commuters-on-foot

I was wondering what has been causing the jam. Some wrongly accused the Singapore custom of making it tough for Singaporeans to cross over to JB in order not for our economy to be affected. What load of rubbish! It's because of stepped up security after the Paris terrorist attack.

Will this tight security happen next time? Sure, why not? Good luck to those who bought your properties there thinking of crossing the border every day. Some think it is "better life" to buy a big landed property in JB for relative little money and work in Singapore. What you gain in space, you lose in terms of precious time spent with your loved ones, you become more tired with less sleep each day, and of course, there is the safety issue. How is this a better quality of life?

Iskandar is poorly planned as far as residential properties are concerned because they are not developing the place first before the residential home buyers come in. There is a saying: "Do not put the cart before the horse". This is what Iskandar is. The whole place is generally ulu still. I don't see it "taking off" any time soon.

If anyone reasons out, well surely 20 years time it will! I say, that's too long a time to project. Anything can happen. It's high risk basically to project your hopes that far.

The word IF does not necessarily means speculation. It's just saying that we don't know the future. Everyday we live our lives based on many IFs but we don't call it speculative. Besides, in a certain sense Iskandar has already taken off i.e. there are things happening already. The Iskandar critics will tend to paint a bleak future, whereas the vested ones will adopt a more hopeful and optimistic stance. Perhaps we should just wish each other the best in whatever choice we choose to make. Even if one is of the view that Iskandar will flop completely, can still wish the best for the other person.

I cross the Woodlands causeway on my bike every day except weekend. I know what's causing the jam as far as motorcyclists are concerned. Sheer incompetence on outsourced Aetos officers to properly manage the traffic. They play cat and mouse game with the bikers which caused the bikers to adopt a wait and see stance thus forming huge bottlenecks. You can be early and told to join the back of a long que, or you can be late and lucky to be allowed to enter the relatively faster checkout areas. Thus the last shall be the first and the first shall be the last scenario plays out everyday at Woodlands CIQ. On a "good" day is 30min waiting time. On a bad day is 2 hours. I don't know whether the "loss of time with family and loss of sleep" is a strong argument against moving to Iskandar. Perhaps even in Singapore most people also choose to squander family time and sleep by working OT or going pubbing after work. For me, time in jam is not wiled away on candy crush or other handphone games...I read my Kindle or surf the net, go home sometimes can be tired also. But once I reach home the feeling is very relaxed.

Has Iskandar taken off? Personally for me, it has. Life has taken on and off in a new dynamic way, our "playground" is larger while at the same time also cheaper. We have friends now who visit us in JB more often compared to back in Singapore. So whether the property value will appreciate much or not is not something I really am bothered about. I just enjoy the moment as long as I am staying in JB. Don't worry Be happy.:p

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual, dun do homework n open big arrogant mouth. official approval by SG only a few months ago . what talking you ? supposed to start in 2013 ? . duh...

Go do your homework first and then come and tell me, if you don't know that as far back as 2013 it was supposed to actually start, then you obviously know less than me.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to make a clarification here, I do not see how I pride my own success as being arrogant, when I am giving pointers all the time to newbies on what to look out for, they are free to learn from me and be critical, I do not make arrogant remarks for the sake of being arrogant, but there are many on this thread who act like they have climbed Mount Everest and make condescending remarks like others only did Bukit Timah, really??

Do you guys really know my true net worth? The $2.6 million mentioned before is only a part of it, so do not think you have done Mount Everest without knowing if the next person has been to the moon and back.

I don't know your net worth, I only know that I am currently worth more dead than alive because got insurance payouts that can help pay for the JB properties for my dependents. LOL!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has Iskandar taken off? Personally for me, it has. Life has taken on and off in a new dynamic way, our "playground" is larger while at the same time also cheaper. We have friends now who visit us in JB more often compared to back in Singapore. So whether the property value will appreciate much or not is not something I really am bothered about. I just enjoy the moment as long as I am staying in JB. Don't worry Be happy.:p

As it should be. For those whose finances are in question, just enjoy Johor as it is, as the risks are great for buying property there, no need to die, die must buy. Even weekend getaways to Johor work.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
As it should be. For those whose finances are in question, just enjoy Johor as it is, as the risks are great for buying property there, no need to die, die must buy. Even weekend getaways to Johor work.

I think quite different to enjoy JB as "resident" vs as tourist.:p

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go do your homework first and then come and tell me, if you don't know that as far back as 2013 it was supposed to actually start, then you obviously know less than me.

In 2013 they were only talking about it, not SUPPOSEDLY to start as alleged by you. HUGE difference . duh. Go back primary 1 lah. Real ignorant fool.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 2013 they were only talking about it, not SUPPOSEDLY to start as alleged by you. HUGE difference . duh. Go back primary 1 lah. Real ignorant fool.

Ferry Services at Puteri Harbour

The ferry terminal at Puteri Harbour are in service since 08-May-2013. Currently the services are only extended to Harbour Bay (Batam) and Tanjung Balai (Karimun).

As for Harbour Front (Singapore), the ferry service is expected to commence by early of June, 2013.

By having these ferry services, it will attract more tourists especially from Indonesia to visit Puteri Harbour / Nusajaya / Iskandar. This will also boost the tourism industry at Johor. Indeed a good news for Iskandar Malaysia.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope, you are not, in fact I am amazed at how you manage since spouse not working. Thumbs up!

That's why I say I am average sinkie ...only one income and therefore need HDB rental to cover JB mortgage payments. Finances will be tight for 3-4 years and after that hopefully things are better. And if I can do that, then those with 2 income and got HDB flat can even do it more easily!

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not at all bothered about the depreciation of my high floor condos in Puteri Harbour. It offers me a few things which Singapore, my birth country has failed to provide. Life, View, Cost. These are the 3 things that I am struggling with in Singapore. Give me S$1 million and I cant even buy a decent sea view unit in Singapore.

There was once I was fresh out from NS. Probably $20-$30 bucks fortune and my 1st visit to a foreign students' condo in East Coast got me thinking seriously about buying a sea view condo. When I entered their condo on the 20th floor, I was totally blown away by the absolutely breath-taking sea view. I was swept off my feet. From the living room I was stunned for a good 10 second. I could see nor hear ECP even though its just downstair. All I could see are the huge sea with ships queuing up to enter PSA.

I keep asking myself why are these foreigners enjoying while we locals are suffering. Now I look around my peers and frankly I still feel bad for them. If they went with me to take huge business, personal or property loans to buy up properties, they could have made it in life. Its surely too late now to earn anything in Singapore. Everyone is simply waiting to spend their last cent.

I am not worrying if there are any ferries from PH to Harbour Singapore. I am not worrying about drop in values or oversupply. All because I am enjoying ( will get to enjoy ) View, Life, Cost in my life now.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not at all bothered about the depreciation of my high floor condos in Puteri Harbour. It offers me a few things which Singapore, my birth country has failed to provide. Life, View, Cost. These are the 3 things that I am struggling with in Singapore. Give me S$1 million and I cant even buy a decent sea view unit in Singapore.

There was once I was fresh out from NS. Probably $20-$30 bucks fortune and my 1st visit to a foreign students' condo in East Coast got me thinking seriously about buying a sea view condo. When I entered their condo on the 20th floor, I was totally blown away by the absolutely breath-taking sea view. I was swept off my feet. From the living room I was stunned for a good 10 second. I could see nor hear ECP even though its just downstair. All I could see are the huge sea with ships queuing up to enter PSA.

I keep asking myself why are these foreigners enjoying while we locals are suffering. Now I look around my peers and frankly I still feel bad for them. If they went with me to take huge business, personal or property loans to buy up properties, they could have made it in life. Its surely too late now to earn anything in Singapore. Everyone is simply waiting to spend their last cent.

I am not worrying if there are any ferries from PH to Harbour Singapore. I am not worrying about drop in values or oversupply. All because I am enjoying ( will get to enjoy ) View, Life, Cost in my life now.

Then you should enjoy the ocean views in Australia for $1m and really get blown away.