• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I suppose your Encorp marina's apt state levy is absorbed by developer. I will follow up with them.
The onus of getting the State Consent lies with the purchasers. It has nothing to do with the developers.
Therefore one have to ask its lawyers for such proof of approval. I believe state levy can be used as an indication of approval but one must be careful to ensure it is issued in one's name.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lawyer told me; if state consent not approved, all monies will be refunded back to purchaser. but incidentals such as documentation fees, transport, postage, courier, etc are down the drain.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the new ruling on secondary market in JB,

locals k buy from locals & foreigners

foreigners k only buy from foreigners

As a local, dun have to worry that much cos the main demand is still local driven

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the new ruling on secondary market in JB,

locals k buy from locals & foreigners

foreigners k only buy from foreigners

As a local, dun have to worry that much cos the main demand is still local driven

New market and secondary market is totally different.

New market stay as it is. If it is 100% allowed for foreigners, then there is no change except for the state consent levy.
So foreigners are allowed to buy as many as possible so long it is allowed in Iskandar zones.

Secondary market is affected. But foreigners cannot influence market prices as it has to follow the asking prices of the locals.
As long as the foreigners buy for their own stay, no problems. But if it is for "goreng", then it can only "goreng" among foreigners. Doesn't affect locals. The downside is locals cannot sell to foreigners.

For high end high demand condos, no problems. Purchasers are normally well heeled and can afford to keep it as holiday homes.
But for the mid range, locals prefer landed, therefore the prices are going to be stuck for a while. As for foreigners, unless you have buyers are willing to pay extra for a VP unit, you will be in a long haul. Not to forget that there are new launches at developer price every now and then.

Market will definitely be dampened but if it is for own stay, then no problems.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Developer's lawyer have asked for the following particulars like: 1) Place of Birth; 2) Race; 3) Marital Status; 4) Religion; 5) Occupation; and 6) Employer’s Name & Address, as these information are required by the land office for application of state consent in June 2013. I am checking with my laywer. Hope it is already approved.
State levy apples only to non Malaysians.
Yes, it is sensible to check that out with your lawyers.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
New market and secondary market is totally different.

New market stay as it is. If it is 100% allowed for foreigners, then there is no change except for the state consent levy.
So foreigners are allowed to buy as many as possible so long it is allowed in Iskandar zones.

Secondary market is affected. But foreigners cannot influence market prices as it has to follow the asking prices of the locals.
As long as the foreigners buy for their own stay, no problems. But if it is for "goreng", then it can only "goreng" among foreigners. Doesn't affect locals. The downside is locals cannot sell to foreigners.

For high end high demand condos, no problems. Purchasers are normally well heeled and can afford to keep it as holiday homes.
But for the mid range, locals prefer landed, therefore the prices are going to be stuck for a while. As for foreigners, unless you have buyers are willing to pay extra for a VP unit, you will be in a long haul. Not to forget that there are new launches at developer price every now and then.

Market will definitely be dampened but if it is for own stay, then no problems.

Hi Bro,

My wife is a Malaysian and I ama Singaporean. For the next investment property purchase in JB, should I put it u fer my wife's name or my name? Whats yr advise?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro,

My wife is a Malaysian and I ama Singaporean. For the next investment property purchase in JB, should I put it u fer my wife's name or my name? Whats yr advise?

Bro, this is what I do. All my properties locally or overseas is placed in joint names or in a company of which me and my wife are shareholers.
The main reason is "inheritance tax" which is as high as 40% in UK. If one party dies, the other party automatically take over the share so no inheritance tax is imposed. In a company ownership, we do not own the property. We own just the shares. The company own the properties.

That's food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, this is what I do. All my properties locally or overseas is placed in joint names or in a company of which me and my wife are shareholers.
The main reason is "inheritance tax" which is as high as 40% in UK. If one party dies, the other party automatically take over the share so no inheritance tax is imposed. In a company ownership, we do not own the property. We own just the shares. The company own the properties.

That's food for thought.

That is a good point, which is why I still shun from some countries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just paid my 2nd progress payment for Encorp T2.
3rd progress payment would be many months away as mine is on the 20th floor so have many months to save....hehe.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extracted this article from the weekly magazine, "TheEdgeMalaysia".

Can see why Singapore are retiring in iskandar. In another article, it shows rental yield in Penang with low yield of about 0.8 - 1% for a landed property and 3-4% for condo.

Income tax is really high with 26% for people with annual income of RM100k as compared to Singapore with the top bracket paying only 20%.

Last edited:

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extracted this article from the weekly magazine, "TheEdgeMalaysia".

Can see why Singapore are retiring in iskandar. In another article, it shows rental yield in Penang with low yield of about 0.8 - 1% for a landed property and 3-4% for condo.

Income tax is really high with 26% for people with annual income of RM100k as compared to Singapore with the top bracket paying only 20%.

Singapore INCOME TAX may look low BUT if you compare all the INDIRECT TAXES, wonder which is higher???

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore costs seem outdated. I estimate overall cost of comfortable retirement (house, car, daily necessities, medical treatment, entertainment etc) should be half in Johor compared to Singapore using SGD.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard at a talk on PH that the design of PH is modelled after Monaco , right to the concept of both a public and private marina !

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
does massage come under entertainment or daily necessity?

The Singapore costs seem outdated. I estimate overall cost of comfortable retirement (house, car, daily necessities, medical treatment, entertainment etc) should be half in Johor compared to Singapore using SGD.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard at a talk on PH that the design of PH is modelled after Monaco , right to the concept of both a public and private marina !

When I first saw PH, it reminds me of Darling Harbour in Sydney long ago. Those days, it was just a old harbour and surrounding it is some warehouses. Then the local council put in some alfresco diding and enetertainment. I remember seeing the water screen projector shows. Even had this old sailing ship parked there as a dining restautant.Today, it is a shopping haven and great dining area.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
mention monaco reminds me of a 45 mins video by Piers Morgan who went to make a programme of the housing/rental prices and the who's who who go there. if ph is to become like monaco i think maybe only the next generation can see it. take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruQick4JoBU