• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Banks don't believe in Puteri Harbour ? So, should we?

Hi guys,

While I'm vested in Puteri just like you, I see banks not being super bullish about the place. For instance Standard Chartered quota for Teega was only 100 units (my SCB banker told me), and Citi doesn't finance units below 1000sqft because smaller units are too difficult to resell (the CITI banker told me)...

Not sure if this is because they are foreign banks - are local banks financing more?

Then on top of it, be it PineTree, Teega, or Encorp - no one has given paperwork yet (checked with the three), while the management guys in Harbourfront Singapore never heard about a ferry service with puteri (checked there myself)...

Are we getting overexcited about the place? Do you see banker still financing it? I now elections are around the corner and everybody more or less wait and see, but it looks that there could be more to it. Your thoughts?

Cheers

Well for Teega there was lots of interest to help me finance from the approved banks and my bank HSBC had no issues offering financing well before they were approved for DIBS.
In regards to the ferry I have pointed out the ferry being advertised is the "happy fun time hello kitty ferry" just like the hello kitty bus expensive and slow, this is not the commuter ferry because no one lives in PH yet so why have a commuter ferry?
So is PH being oversold NO WAY! Give it the 4 years it needs to develop, have a look at the business review I posted 2 pages back. And if PH fails then the other alternatives for your money will be in just the same situation, look at gold, or I could pay 1.2 million (Sing)for the average crappie place I live in in the suburbs in Singapore, or get my 2.5% in CPF. I feel quite comfortable with investing (for life) in PH. In regards to paperwork... I doubt UEM is going to run away with my money, this is something I have had to get used to living in Asia and as I said before I doubt any gov agency has had to deal with such volume ever before and they are falling behind, at least that is what I am told, UEM is waiting for certain approvals before sending me the paperwork.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal

What do you mean by no paperwork? :confused:
Hi guys,

While I'm vested in Puteri just like you, I see banks not being super bullish about the place. For instance Standard Chartered quota for Teega was only 100 units (my SCB banker told me), and Citi doesn't finance units below 1000sqft because smaller units are too difficult to resell (the CITI banker told me)...

Not sure if this is because they are foreign banks - are local banks financing more?

Then on top of it, be it PineTree, Teega, or Encorp - no one has given paperwork yet (checked with the three), while the management guys in Harbourfront Singapore never heard about a ferry service with puteri (checked there myself)...

Are we getting overexcited about the place? Do you see banker still financing it? I now elections are around the corner and everybody more or less wait and see, but it looks that there could be more to it. Your thoughts?

Cheers

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
But if there's capital appreciation, the currency differences should be secondary.

I recalled that the deposit for my first property in Malaysia was when MYR to SGD 1 was 2.29. Ouch.

Base on today's currency rate.. eventhrough you paid 8% more.. but I believe your 1st pty already appreciated up to 100% I think.. rite?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

FYI, I already have collected my S&P and DMC duly signed and stamped for my Encorp T2 unit.

Hi guys,

Cheers

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dunno if this is relevant, but I just went out with a really nice China Girl today. maybe I can bring her to my condo when its ready. Wonder if its covered by the DMC?

Deed of Mutual Covenants. Tells you what you can do and cannot at common areas / guards/ JMC/ car parks / facilities/ renovations/ etc....

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, it is covered by the DMC.
Your neighbours can report to the management office that you are too noisy and disrupting the harmonious peaceful atmosphere.

Dunno if this is relevant, but I just went out with a really nice China Girl today. maybe I can bring her to my condo when its ready. Wonder if its covered by the DMC?

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi guys,

Cheers

If u have bought during trough in 2009, u would know that banks cannot match Val too. And quota is not new. It's practised even now in sg. Few banks do not finance shoebox or unknown developers without local track record.

arcojos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course it's relevant. We need more action over there......please proceed.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

This was funny. made me laugh!!!

Seriously though, by the time the condos are ready, my baby making days should already be over. Might even be the right time to start partying again!

Yes, it is covered by the DMC.
Your neighbours can report to the management office that you are too noisy and disrupting the harmonious peaceful atmosphere.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has banker contact to intro for teega.
Standard chartered, public bank, UOB... etc with DBIS.

Thank.
Here is a listing of those that were on site during the launch.

Public Bank - Pang Lai Foo 07-2186900
Maybank - Eunice Wee See Chi +607 355 3662
Standard Chartered Stephaie Tan Sze Ying +60 07 356 6222
OCBC Bank Stephanie Leong 03-9101 9581
UOB marcus lim 0127298083, chloe chin 0127349119
OCBC koh kiah ooi 0127160929, lee qi yun 0127160612
STD CTD kathy lee 0167181125, jadon chong 0167082425
MBB Roraini 0197777337, noor adzura 0167989537

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW..................

WORLD-CLASS CITY: Parties to develop Puteri Harbour in joint-venture deal

KUALA LUMPUR: ROBERT Kuok, Malaysia's richest man who was born in Johor Baru, has teamed up with Khazanah Nasional Bhd to help turn Nusajaya in Johor into a world-class city.

The two parties will develop two plots of land in Puteri Harbour in Nusajaya via a joint-venture company, Southern Marina Development Sdn Bhd.
Southern Marina yesterday inked a deal with UEM Land Holdings Bhd to buy the plots of land for a combined RM182 million.
Kuok, who now resides in Hong Kong, controls 70 per cent of Southern Marina through family investment vehicle Kuok Brothers Sdn Bhd. Forbes valued his personal wealth at US$12.4 billion (RM37.8 billion) in 2011, ranking him at No 1 on Forbes list of Malaysia's Richest.

The balance of 30 per cent in Southern Marina is held by Khazanah, the government investment arm.
Southern Marina plans to undertake a mixed residential and commercial development on the 6.26ha.
"With the participation of a strong partner like Southern Marina, we are confident that Puteri Harbour is on track to being a world-class integrated waterfront and marina development which will play a pivotal role in being a catalyst for making Nusajaya a dynamic, vibrant and liveable city for all," UEM Land managing director and chief executive officer Datuk Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim said in a statement.

Nusajaya is one of the five flagship zones of Iskandar Malaysia. Datuk Oh Siew Nam, a director of Kuok Brothers, said it was excited to have a presence in Puteri Harbour and the opportunity to participate in the ongoing development of Iskandar Malaysia.

"The tremendous progress achieved in Iskandar Malaysia, and especially Nusajaya over the last few years, is remarkable.
"We are confident that the good infrastructure, facilities and connectivity will continue to attract strong interest from local and international investors into Iskandar Malaysia."

Khazanah managing director Tan Sri Azman Mokhtar is looking forward to working with the Kuok Brothers Group in Iskandar Malaysia as the region develops progressively into the next phase of growth.

Read more: Kuok, Khazanah link up to transform Nusajaya - General - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/nation/genera...-to-transform-nusajaya-1.262102#ixzz2RG3jQImy