• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Public transport fares to go down by 2.5% from Jul 3 woh!

T

Tadakatsu Honda

Public transport fares to go down by 2.5% from Jul 3
By Lin Jiamei <== FTrash |
Posted: 20 April 2010 1231 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"></td> <td align="right" width="240">
phpic1KrZ.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"></td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 1</td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" onclick="Prev();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" width="18" type="image"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" onclick="Play()" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" width="19" type="image"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " onclick="Next();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" width="18" type="image"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

</td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td class="update"></td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

SINGAPORE : Bus and train fares will be reduced by 2.5 per cent from July 3.

The Public Transport Council (PTC) said that all fares will be based on distance travelled.

With the changes, the council said that two in three commuters will see a reduction or no change in their weekly public transport expenditure.

- CNA/il

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need to up prices to truly reflect the raising cost .

Unless they manage to get PRC drivers again .

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another wanyanging.

After Erection, everything is another story. Cost too high need to increase public transport pricing etc......

Never Trust them.

PAP DOGS

VOTE OUT PAP!!!

VOTE IN OPPOSITION!!!

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
>>> With the changes, the council said that two in three commuters will see a reduction or no change in their weekly public transport expenditure. <<<

Meaning one in three commuters will see an increase in their weekly public transport expenditure.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... ... With the changes, the council said that two in three commuters will see a reduction or no change in their weekly public transport expenditure.
y muz dey lumped dose no change wif dose wif reduction? ... so fishy ... :rolleyes: ... dose wif no change dun benefit anyting ...

n totally misleading title ... fares where got go down? ...

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wayang...2.5% is also considered a decrease? They up their fares by 10c, 20c, 30c one...2.5% is not even 5c, funny.

If u round down 2.5%, all of us wont even notice the decrease!

gone4good

Alfrescian
Loyal
this will be the start of more to come. Even my parents and some elders i know are now aware of this tactics that PAP used. When approaching Election time, everything is sweet and rosy. Govt is very caring. haha. But this time, more will not buy their tactics. My parents for sure will not now. They have been PAP supporters for dun know how many donkey years since we stayed in Tanglin Halt area in the 70s and voted for PAP up to the last election but this coming election for sure, they are voting for opposition. I have never seen my dad so firm on this before.....

I think more families may also be considering the same:smile:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, this must be PAP Math standard. ⅔ see no change or reduction and ⅓ see an increase means fares go down???!!!

No mention of how many within the ⅔ see actual reductions of 2.5%. No mention also of the quantum of increase for the other ⅓.

This really is the pits of reporting. No proper investigation at all.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To me it sounds like a savings of 2.5% if you choose a longer route of travel and not decrease in fare. Just like supermart, you buy more and get discount. For those who feel there is no necessity to buy more, this will be the group who will be charged more instead. To put it bluntly, it is fare hike instead.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn got balls decreased it by 50 cents la then come and kpkb. 2 cent here make so much noise

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gahmen always think peasants stoopid. Wait u see them reduce public transport by 2.5% and raise GST by 1%, then they will say u net gain wor!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the FAPee DOGs' stats can be trusted, pigs can fly! Yet another fare hike in the making!

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err.. nobody saw this?

Commuters may also end up paying more if they make short trips, as the starting fare for both buses and trains will go up under the new calculation.

On buses, they will go up 2 cents to 71 cents, and increase 3 cents to either 71 cents or 76 cents on trains.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me it sounds like a savings of 2.5% if you choose a longer route of travel and not decrease in fare. Just like supermart, you buy more and get discount. For those who feel there is no necessity to buy more, this will be the group who will be charged more instead. To put it bluntly, it is fare hike instead.

very good analogy. no wonder the 2 operators put up their hands and agree :biggrin: they know they are going to make more profit.

If there is a decrease in fares, there should be a decrease in operator's profit. as simple as that. is a zero-sum game