• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Public Transport Council to reduce bus and train fares

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/404406/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Public commuters may get the break many have been asking for this year.

Bus fares and train fares are coming down.

In light of the Budget announced Thursday, where a big focus was on helping companies cope with costs, public transport operators SBS Transit and SMRT have now said they will not apply for any fare adjustment this year.

In fact they are working with the Public Transport Council (PTC) to pass on savings they will receive from this year's Budget to commuters.

Welcoming the move, the PTC said in a statement released Friday all parties are committed to reduce bus and train fares for this year.

In light of the difficult economic times, the PTC will expedite its work.

It aims to announce the reduced bus and train fares by the end of next month.

- CNA/yb

So what do the great minds of this forum think about this?? I'm sure you guys can see through any evil scheme the PAP can come up with. :wink:

kylie72

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no evil scheme; if transport fares drop it's not because they understand how bad it is for the people but because elections are coming. Not that the recent "shower of love" for the people is bad; just very very unusual.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do the great minds of this forum think about this?? I'm sure you guys can see through any evil scheme the PAP can come up with.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

SINGAPORE: Public commuters may get the break many have been asking for this year.

In light of the Budget announced Thursday, where a big focus was on helping companies cope with costs, public transport operators SBS Transit and SMRT have now said they will not apply for any fare adjustment this year.

In fact they are working with the Public Transport Council (PTC) to pass on savings they will receive from this year's Budget to commuters.

Welcoming the move, the PTC said in a statement released Friday all parties are committed to reduce bus and train fares for this year.

- CNA/yb

So what do the great minds of this forum think about this?? I'm sure you guys can see through any evil scheme the PAP can come up with. :wink:
So Raymond LIM was talking cock few weeks back.

How pathetic are our PAP ministers,a bunch of uselss guys mostly.

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal

- CNA/yb

Right.

The evil scheme is simple indeed.

We are suppose to be thankful remember ? The PAPies is obviously trying to sweeten the grounds. The PAP will first sedate you with the press and then amputate your legs.

Then the mighty gods will watch us lesser mortal bleed and you just about have enough and on the brink of revolt, they will patch back your wounds and then remind you to be thankful.

But always remember this, You are still ONE FOOT shorter then the demigods always.

Dan

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Bus fares and train fares are coming down.

In fact they are working with the Public Transport Council (PTC) to pass on savings they will receive from this year's Budget to commuters. ...

- CNA/yb [/I]

announced in budget ...

40% property rebates

OWNERS of commercial and industrial properties will get a 40 per cent rebate this year.

Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam on Thursday urged landlords to pass this rebate to their ...

smrt n sbs hv lots of properties ... so, based on properties rebates, dey shud pass on @ least 40% rebate 2 commuters ...

me expect fares 2 cum down by @ least 40% ..

me expect nothing less dan dat ... :cool:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2sb8wgy.jpg

"Why still not happy ah? Ok repeat after me : what goes up must come down hehe.."