• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Psychological problems - can psychiatrists really help?

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am on medication for OCD and ADHD. Last time after i completed my NS, I went to a private university, I was also treated for personality disorder + short term anxiety/panic attacks.

There is actually no treatment for personality disorder. They just give you medication for your anxiety/depression. For depression I had efexor and lexapro. For anxiety I had lexotan. Medication did not help much. I was on meds for one year, then stopped. My depression went away by itself after three to four years.

Now I am on meds for OCD and ADHD but also quite useless. I am quite desperate now.

I think the whole psychiatric industry is a sham. They just give you all kinds of meds which to me has a lot of side effects, but no real improvement in my mental condition.

My social life took a tumble They have no real medication to treat that. They just advise you to go for counselling sessions. Fucking useless. They just talk to you and treat you like a little child, but never really help you. I told them I have problems relating to people, they give you all kinds of method and advice but of very little help to me.

I wasted thousands of dollars on meds and counselling but saw no improvement. I am not a high income earner, every month a lot of my salary goes into all these. I told my counsellor and my psychiatrist i have difficulty forming stable friendships, i cannot find girlfriend, because I don't know how to relate to other people. They can't help me at all. Tok cock sing song all day, give me all kind of step by step method, also no use.

I feel really depressed at my pathetic state.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There must be nurses around. Try to engage them. I love them when I stay in hospital. So caring. Some very hiao ones too. Always a pleasant stay.

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
There must be nurses around. Try to engage them. I love them when I stay in hospital. So caring. Some very hiao ones too. Always a pleasant stay.

I am no sick enough to stay at hospital. Even if i am sick i still need to go to work. The only reason my boss keeps me is because I am the only in the company willing to do OT on the weekend without complaint or demand extra pay. I am very bad in my social interaction but boss can tahan me cos I willing to work like a dog for him.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no cure for these mental illness. Talk to psychologist also useless. What you have to do is to learn to cope by yourself. Find activities that makes you happy and calm. Don't seek people's help. They are all useless. In fact they make you more sick when you see their true colors. This is a lifelong help that you need. Who will spend the time with you?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am on medication for OCD and ADHD. Last time after i completed my NS, I went to a private university, I was also treated for personality disorder + short term anxiety/panic attacks.

There is actually no treatment for personality disorder. They just give you medication for your anxiety/depression. For depression I had efexor and lexapro. For anxiety I had lexotan. Medication did not help much. I was on meds for one year, then stopped. My depression went away by itself after three to four years.

Now I am on meds for OCD and ADHD but also quite useless. I am quite desperate now.

I think the whole psychiatric industry is a sham. They just give you all kinds of meds which to me has a lot of side effects, but no real improvement in my mental condition.

My social life took a tumble They have no real medication to treat that. They just advise you to go for counselling sessions. Fucking useless. They just talk to you and treat you like a little child, but never really help you. I told them I have problems relating to people, they give you all kinds of method and advice but of very little help to me.

I wasted thousands of dollars on meds and counselling but saw no improvement. I am not a high income earner, every month a lot of my salary goes into all these. I told my counsellor and my psychiatrist i have difficulty forming stable friendships, i cannot find girlfriend, because I don't know how to relate to other people. They can't help me at all. Tok cock sing song all day, give me all kind of step by step method, also no use.

are u quanhuang - the crazy ardent fan of my li'l brother leetahsar who carries with him a nasty sledgehammer ?

Last edited:

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can try to find a hypnotist who can query your subconscious mind directly

dolores cannon is able to do this
she taught many people to do that
if u can find one of them to query yor sub conscious mind
it will help...
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZAABw-SgMxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, this one I can help. Come visit me with lots of whisky and money. My ah jarn can cure in 5 mins

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paiseh to say, my ah jarn only motivated by zhua dee aka money. Machiam pappies. If no show cash, my ah jarn also cannot help .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i had a crazy roommate who was samuel for 2 hours, samantha for 3, and samsengkia for the rest of the day. it's one body and three personalities, and it was hard to deal with. :*:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recommend TS to see my good "friend" Doctor Calvin Fones. He is so "popular" that there is a facebook page dedicated to him. Here's the main text:

It is an absolute disgrace that a representative of the law society and a pyschiatrist conspired to thwart M. Ravi's attempt of challenging the PAP government's gross misinterpretation of the constitution.

The public should avoid this doctor without ethics, Dr Calvin Fones, who has no qualms about disclosing his patient's private and confidential medical records for obvious selfish reasons.

Dr Calvin Fones is a Consultant Psychiatrist at Gleneagles Medical Centre and the Medical Director of Psymed Consultants. He is also Adjunct Associate Professor with the Department of Psychological Medicine and the Centre for BioMedical Ethics at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore.

Dr Calvin Fones
Fones Clinic - Psychological Medicine
6 Napier Road ̸#04-11
Gleneagles Medical Centre, 25̴8̴499
Tel͟: 6472 8924
fones @ psychiatrist . sg

https://m.facebook.com/occupySG/posts/383861361676587

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recommend TS to see my good "friend" Doctor Calvin Fones. He is so "popular" that there is a facebook page dedicated to him. Here's the main text:

Dr Calvin Fones is a Consultant Psychiatrist at Gleneagles Medical Centre and the Medical Director of Psymed Consultants. He is also Adjunct Associate Professor with the Department of Psychological Medicine and the Centre for BioMedical Ethics at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore.

Dr Calvin Fones
Fones Clinic - Psychological Medicine
6 Napier Road ̸#04-11
Gleneagles Medical Centre, 25̴8̴499

Wah, I go and see this psychiatrist, the next day Dr Fones will register an SBF nick and post my complete medical history here, along with my full name NRIC address and photo!

Sorry man! I only deal with doctors who respect doc-patient confidentiality!

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had a crazy roommate who was samuel for 2 hours, samantha for 3, and samsengkia for the rest of the day. it's one body and three personalities, and it was hard to deal with. :*:

At least he is consistently an "S".

Is he ever "siow-lang", "seow-kia" or "see-pay-suay"?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

See a psychologist to learn coping skills.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who knows? The nurses may cure you where psychiatrists failed and you may end up with a constant companion.

I wasted thousands of dollars on meds and counselling but saw no improvement. I am not a high income earner, every month a lot of my salary goes into all these. I told my counsellor and my psychiatrist i have difficulty forming stable friendships, i cannot find girlfriend, because I don't know how to relate to other people. They can't help me at all. Tok cock sing song all day, give me all kind of step by step method, also no use.*

I ended up dating the psychologist because I did so well in my breathing exercises with her.
Later, she led me on the path of discovery into a part of me that I overlooked.

Social anxiety is curable, everything is in the mind. A cute nurse will worsen things, but a beautiful shrink can do wonders.

Forget about the counsellers at Cable car towers. Useless.

Last edited:

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
i remembered i ever visited those therapy spa sessions that help you to relax, they played very enchanting soft music saddled with aroma therapeutic scent, with a angmo guy massaging you, it was in holland village, but later on, i realise that i am more suited for health centres...:o:biggrin: