• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prostitution syndicate using Facebook to ‘advertise’

Akechi Mitsuhide

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Published: Monday December 24, 2012 MYT 9:55:00 PM

Prostitution syndicate using Facebook to ‘advertise’

KUALA LUMPUR: A prostitution syndicate is now offering its illegal services on Facebook by super imposing photos of innocent women's faces onto pictures of scantily clad women.

MCA Public Complaints Bureau chief Datuk Michael Chong said so far they have received five reports from women who have been victimised by the syndicate.

The latest case involved an administrative officer with a private company who had to face humiliation after her picture was posted on the site as offering sexual services.

The 20-year-old woman, who wished to be known as only Tan, said her picture was used on two Facebook accounts, 'Jessy Serikembangan' and 'Lisa Carino', charging between RM200 and RM500 for the services.

"I only found out about it after my friend told me my picture was on the sites. My relatives and friends thought I had to sell my body due to financial problems. This is very embarrassing," she said at a press conference with Michael Chong, here on Monday. She added that her picture was still on the sites and was causing her stress, whereas in actual fact she had no financial problems and was happy with her family and boyfriend.

Tan said she had also texted the syndicate pretending to be a client and was told to bank in RM300 into a bank account belonging to an individual.

Tan has since lodged a report at the Shah Alam police station in August.

There was also no action taken on her email of the matter to the Facebook management, said Tan who was accompanied by her boyfriend. - Bernama