• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Principal stands outside gate to welcome students every morning

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Principal_stands_outside_gate_to_welcome_students-topImage.jpg

SINGAPORE - It is a sight you don't see very often, if at all - a man standing outside a school gate, smiling and welcoming pupils as they stream into the school every morning.

And the man is not a worker at the school, nor a teacher, but the principal.

Dr Chin Kim Woon, principal of Tao Nan primary school, takes it upon himself to stand outside the school gates every morning to greet pupils as they come in.

According to some parents the Shin Min Daily spoke to, Dr Chin bows ever slightly to greet each one of them, and does so no matter rain or shine.

His actions have touched many parents, one of whom contacted the Chinese daily to pay tribute to him, ahead of "Teachers' Day" in September.

Madam Huang Li Fen, 44, who works in the insurance sector, has two boys studying in Tao Nan Primary. She told Shin Min she always sees Dr Chin outside the school gate at 7am when she takes her sons to school.

He always has a warm and sincere smile for all his pupils, says Madam Huang.

She recalled how when it rains, Dr Chin would carry a large umbrella to shelter the kids from the car to the school building after their parents had dropped them off.

According to her son who studies in the afternoon session, Dr Chin also makes it a point to share a few stories during the assembly that will imbue kids with the right moral values.

When interviewed by Shin Min Daily, Dr Chin says he does his morning routine because he believes mornings are the most important part of the day.

He quoted an old Chinese saying, on "how one's plan for the day largely depends on the morning".

Dr Chin, who has more than 20 years experience in teaching, said it is important to "be full of life and energy in the morning", and hopes to give students a good start to each day.

According to a reporter who observed Dr Chin, pupils will automatically greet Dr Chin cheerily, with no hint of fear of trepidation as one would expect when faced with the principal.

Dr Chin also spots students with undone shoe-laces, and tells them to tie them up before they trip.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Dr Chin also spots students with undone shoe-laces, and tells them to tie them up before they trip.<<

Isn't that as irritating as Sam who likes to correct people on 'advice' and 'advise'?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those are his very important 'customers', elite schoool..what do you think, he is so good?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah lah...Tao Nan...everyone noe...its an atas elite school...the queue to do volunteer work is longer than queue for national day tickets loh...LOL

and given the 'sarpok' those elite / FT parents are sinking in...ask him to kneel at the gate and kowtow to every student ...LOL

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our MPs should take a lead from this principal...how about our transport minister standing at Jurong East MRT and greet all passengers going through the fare gates? U think its good?

Or defense minister greeting new recruits as they file off the ferry at Tekong BMTS...morale booster mah...LOL

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder so many sinkie parents die die must send their children to Tao Nan... The principle has passion man!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
His doctorate is Chinese so he has strong chinese values in him and therefore humility within.

This is something you dun easily find in English educated people.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His doctorate is Chinese so he has strong chinese values in him and therefore humility within.

This is something you dun easily find in English educated people.

Yup, like that power control freak LKY who has no humility at all.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
SINGAPORE - It is a sight you don't see very often, if at all - a man standing outside a school gate, smiling and welcoming pupils as they stream into the school every morning.

That's nothing new. My principal greeted me at the gate very often. The greeting usually resulted in my being marched to the staff room for a haircut or being sent home to change into something that met regulations regarding the school uniform.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if my boss wait for me at the office every morning to welcome me, i will be very stress to go to work.
This principal should stop doing that.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if my boss wait for me at the office every morning to welcome me, i will be very stress to go to work.
This principal should stop doing that.

That different. This is primary school if secondary school the student will laugh.
Primary student act different.
The older people age people become more suspicious.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. some principals chose to work "behind" the scene thing.
2. this prefers to be seen "working".
3. its connectivity to its staff force is equally important or overlooked!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's nothing new. My principal greeted me at the gate very often. The greeting usually resulted in my being marched to the staff room for a haircut or being sent home to change into something that met regulations regarding the school uniform.

You mean you wore skirt to school when you supposed to wear pants?:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You mean you wore skirt to school when you supposed to wear pants?:biggrin:

Nothing that dramatic. :p Shoes had to be WHITE canvas or BLACK leather. Suede not allowed. Brown leather not allowed. Blue basketball shoes not allowed.

trousers... no bell bottoms... too tight not allowed... too loose not allowed.

Shirts... no pointy collars, single front pocket only.

The list was endless

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
much better than that asshole of a principal i had who's now on trial for misappropriating funds.

At least you know who your principal is. No one in my school ever seen him/her. We've only ever seen the Vice Principal until she got promoted to principal just before I took my O-levels

And just in case anyone wants to know how I turn into the loony bin I am today, I was in Chee Siok Chin's class. Yeah she used to be a sec sch teacher in case anyone wants to know