• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRCs - largest immigration group in Australia

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would never avoid them.. I would make use of their existence and catch a free ride :smile: I am living within the circle... not becoz I like them ~ but mainly due to the good infrastructures and good schools in the neighbourhood.
----------------------------------------------------------
Foreign buyers inflating market
MARIKA DOBBIN
March 27, 2010

Chinese people are perceived as Rich, burglars take note!!!
Do you think they realise that they are getting a 69-year lease? (99 minus 30)

Bras Basah flat sets HDB price record
Jessica Cheam
Fri, Mar 26, 2010
The Straits Times

A TAIWANESE couple have paid $650,000 for a four-room flat in Bain Street - smashing Housing Board (HDB) records and reflecting the strength in the red-hot resale market.

The sale price works out to be $736 per sq ft (psf) for the 30-year-old flat on the 25th floor of a block at Bras Basah.

Click here to find out more!
That is the highest psf price paid for an HDB property and is on a par with prices of private homes in suburban areas.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the theory I've heard is that these PRCs that inflates prices here are actually using money that they want to avoid tax from the chinese government. They seem to bring in luggage bags of money when they come over here. Not sure how true, feasible is it though.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of these PRC migrants are not "permanent" migrants so to speak. They got in using the Business investment visa in 2008/09 cos during the GFC aka the shit storm, PRC's export economy was badly affected and the OZ economy was the least affected

Now things are picking up again, quite a fair bit have went back to PRC where the $$$ is. With Immi raising the IELTs standards, you will see less of them in the future.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of these PRC migrants are not "permanent" migrants so to speak. They got in using the Business investment visa in 2008/09 cos during the GFC aka the shit storm, PRC's export economy was badly affected and the OZ economy was the least affected

Now things are picking up again, quite a fair bit have went back to PRC where the $$$ is. With Immi raising the IELTs standards, you will see less of them in the future.

Er...no, though PRCs though can't communicate English well, they have the 'never die' attitude and most could still pass the IELTS test easily. U can never underestimate their will power. IETLS is not going to deter them from migrating, just the same for those applying to the top US business schools for their MBAs, chinese constantly scored very high marks for their GMAT entrance test(one of the module is testing their English language skills). The only way the gov can slow down their massive migraton is to limit the visa approvals by country, and other criterias (eg. skilled emigration by profession).

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Er...no, though PRCs though can't communicate English well, they have the 'never die' attitude and most could still pass the IELTS test easily. U can never underestimate their will power.

I hardly see any sinkies with that attitude. Most would give reasons to deter them from moving ahead.. is it bcoz of our SG education system or is it bcoz of our NS ?? Strict rule deters creativity !

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hardly see any sinkies with that attitude. Most would give reasons to deter them from moving ahead.. is it bcoz of our SG education system or is it bcoz of our NS ?? Strict rule deters creativity !

its the mental thinking...sinkies are too afraid to try..too afraid of failures...lack creativity.....tooo scared die.....in short sinkies are just too simple minded or too straight forward thinking....

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Er...no, though PRCs though can't communicate English well, they have the 'never die' attitude and most could still pass the IELTS test easily. U can never underestimate their will power. IETLS is not going to deter them from migrating, just the same for those applying to the top US business schools for their MBAs, chinese constantly scored very high marks for their GMAT entrance test(one of the module is testing their English language skills). The only way the gov can slow down their massive migraton is to limit the visa approvals by country, and other criterias (eg. skilled emigration by profession).

quite a few countries are starting to cut back on migrant quota, AUstralia & UK. Once the export machinery starts running at full speed again, many of these PRC "migrants" will dump their OZ PR in a hurry and go back to the mainland where the money is.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Both! those that have the right attitude are all elsewhere liao

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiya, Singkies constantly being told by the gov they are living a developed nation and 'swiss life' so most of them are very 'scared' (no balls) to move on - afraid of losing their comfort and being treated as '2nd class' in another country. They of course don't realise or refuse to accept they are 2nd class in their own country in the first place.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiya, Singkies constantly being told by the gov they are living a developed nation and 'swiss life' so most of them are very 'scared' (no balls) to move on - afraid of losing their comfort and being treated as '2nd class' in another country. They of course don't realise or refuse to accept they are 2nd class in their own country in the first place.

1st of all, 3 claps for pappies for doing a good job !

They started an education system of "I teach and you listen" strategy..

Next, send you to NS to have a complete overhaul.. "I command and you obey".. a career who demands respect, but 1st, you have to respect all :(

When ya into the workforce, they said "ya aint good enough" .. not hard working enough.. or not cheap enough.. not productive enough.. :mad:

Result ? some jump MRT.. some quit to overseas.. many 'bo-bian' under the iron fist environment..

Heng ah, we have a CHOICE.. so we need to be thankful.. to our pappies :biggrin:

Last edited:

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal

IWC,

now i really doubt that those with a bad command of english lanuguage can pass the IELTS easily.

I took it 2 years ago and it's already not that easy so to speak, and if the new requirement is an average of 7, most PRC & indians will fail it.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
IWC,

now i really doubt that those with a bad command of english lanuguage can pass the IELTS easily.

I took it 2 years ago and it's already not that easy so to speak, and if the new requirement is an average of 7, most PRC & indians will fail it.

Haha, not everyone will pass but even a small percentage it's already a lot of them considering their massive population. If u look at the applicants got admitted to the top US ivy league unis, majority of them are Prcs and Indians. They had to pass either GMAT or GRE exams as well. Also, they will memorize every words even if they have little understanding of the meanings.

AngKuKuih

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st of all, 3 claps for pappies for doing a good job !

They started an education system of "I teach and you listen" strategy..

Next, send you to NS to have a complete overhaul.. "I command and you obey".. a career who demands respect, but 1st, you have to respect all :(

When ya into the workforce, they said "ya aint good enough" .. not hard working enough.. or not cheap enough.. not productive enough.. :mad:

Result ? some jump MRT.. some quit to overseas.. many 'bo-bian' under the iron fist environment..

Heng ah, we have a CHOICE.. so we need to be thankful.. to our pappies :biggrin:
Hi All

The end product of many Singaporeans today is the iron fist and paternalistic approach of the government since 1965 when the PAP government came to power. The government realised this. However, to undo this paternalistic approach will take another 20 or so years. When you get used to getting every instruction dished out to you, "you do this" instruction, the general population's brain is hence brain dead. Those who have migrated have seen the "light" and have brain cell activity to reason out and therefore cannot see a good future in Singapore for them. I believe generally, all who have migrated have done well and will continue to stay out.
I am currently in Singapore. I woke up in the morning around 6.00 am and was stitting at a spot in AMK Ave 6 and was watching people going about doing their affairs for the day. I especially look at the faces of the individuals who crossed my line of vision. One thing that I can see in their faces is that the faces show glumness. No smile on their faces. And as usual, every is like a robot. I am glad that I am out of this place.

AKK

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All

I am currently in Singapore. I woke up in the morning around 6.00 am and was stitting at a spot in AMK Ave 6 and was watching people going about doing their affairs for the day. I especially look at the faces of the individuals who crossed my line of vision. One thing that I can see in their faces is that the faces show glumness. No smile on their faces. And as usual, every is like a robot. I am glad that I am out of this place.

AKK

Eh, so you still in AMK or you out of Singapore or out of AMK? I digress, yes Singaporean face black black most of the time. Especially in the early morning rush hour. Good luck in migrating out if thats what you are going to do. There are better places then Singapore.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eh, so you still in AMK or you out of Singapore or out of AMK? I digress, yes Singaporean face black black most of the time. Especially in the early morning rush hour. Good luck in migrating out if thats what you are going to do. There are better places then Singapore.

I think AKK means I am glad that I am getting out of this place.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, not everyone will pass but even a small percentage it's already a lot of them considering their massive population. If u look at the applicants got admitted to the top US ivy league unis, majority of them are Prcs and Indians. They had to pass either GMAT or GRE exams as well. Also, they will memorize every words even if they have little understanding of the meanings.

Even if its a small percentage, its still a "test" a "barrier" they have to go thru. Even if they have to memorise every words, it proofs they can memorise. Perhaps there are some skills/jobs thats needed in memorising that would be useful in the society. Does Singapore has any IELTS, GMAT, GRE, exams for migrants? Do they even have to pass O-level English to be admitted? Say, all new migrant above Employment pass needs to show they need to pass O-level english before allowed to work in Singapore. I think that could improve on the situation a bit. However, having seen or read from this very forum I doubt that is going to happen.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We cannot deny that Asian countries infrastructures are getting much better than the developed countries.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All

The end product of many Singaporeans today is the iron fist and paternalistic approach of the government since 1965 when the PAP government came to power. The government realised this. However, to undo this paternalistic approach will take another 20 or so years. When you get used to getting every instruction dished out to you, "you do this" instruction, the general population's brain is hence brain dead. Those who have migrated have seen the "light" and have brain cell activity to reason out and therefore cannot see a good future in Singapore for them. I believe generally, all who have migrated have done well and will continue to stay out.
I am currently in Singapore. I woke up in the morning around 6.00 am and was stitting at a spot in AMK Ave 6 and was watching people going about doing their affairs for the day. I especially look at the faces of the individuals who crossed my line of vision. One thing that I can see in their faces is that
the faces show glumness. No smile on their faces. And as usual, every is like a

robot. I am glad that I am out of this place.

AKK

actually in most cities everyone has a wooden expression because of stressful lifestyles including SYdney. However after 5pm the
mood changes and everyone either rushes to go home or hang out with their mates in pubs drinking and relaxing. Sporeans, however , are worried leaving the office early. They get even more worried after work about paying bills and thinking about next day's work.