• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pope Francis X’mas message and Singapore?

winbattleslo

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the Straits Times news report “Pope’s Christmas chiding ‘a call for Church reform’” (Dec 24) – “Pope Francis warned against what he called a lust for power, hypocritical double lives and the lack of spiritual emphathy among some men of God.”
“Basic truisms:-
Poor church for the poor
- “This is what I want, a poor Church for the poor” (March 16, 2013) – Singapore has an estimated reserves of almost $1 trillion, whilst an estimated quarter of Singaporeans are in poverty
Reboot needed
- “If a computer breaks it is a tragedy, but poverty, the needs and dramas of so many people end up being considered normal” (June 5, 2013) – Singapore spends billions on gardens by the bay, marina coastal expressway, youth olympic games, F1, etc – but the lowest welfare spending in the world
Inclusive
- “If someone is gay and is searching for the Lord and has good will, then who am I to judge him” (July 28, 2013) – Singapore still has S377a
Famous quotes of Pope Francis
“Human rights are not only violated by terrorism, repression or assassination, but also by unfair economic structures that creates huge inequalities” – Singapore has the second worse Gini (income inequality) in the world
“A little bit of mercy makes the world less cold and more just” – Bloggers are being sued for defamation and contempt of court in Singapore
“Every man, every woman who has to take up the service of government, must ask themselves two questions: ‘Do I love my people in order to serve them better? Am I humble and do I listen to everybody, to diverse opinions in order to choose the best path?’ If you don’t ask those questions, your governance will not be good” – This one is self-explanatory and obvious in Singapore
Merry Christmas
Win battles lose war

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore has 1 trillion in reserves,that's enough to give every sinkies 265k,yet 1/5th of sinkies live in poverty.

ByTheWay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By the way religion is shit. It's a psychological game and CHC is associated with the PAP. Don't believe just try badmouthing them and see what happens. Cheers.