• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Political "expert" GMS said Dr Chee should give up

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In May 2015, Goh announced that he was setting-up a new political party called the People's Power Party barely a few months before the 2015 election. He become the party leader.[7]
His party contested in the Singapore General Election 2015 as the youngest party to date. It only contested the four-seat Chua Chu Kang Group Representation Constituency. The team consists of himself, Lee Tze Shih, Low Wai Choo and Syafarin Sarif. The team lost to the People's Action Party team, which consisted of Health Minister Gan Kim Yong, Low Yen Ling, Zaqy Mohamad and Yee Chia Hsing. People's Power Party garnered 25,460 or 23.11% of the valid votes. PAP fared better, and garnered 84,731 or 76.89% of the valid votes.[4]
Despite being a veteran politician, he and his team was one of the worst performing candidates in the election. He returned to continue to live with his family in Hongkong after the election.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why ? Should Goh Meng Seng not quit politics altogether for garnering one of the worst performance in the GE2105. He still has the cheek to comment on Dr Chee.

Not easy to achieve 23.11%. Even if don't campaign, one is likely to hit near 30% very easily.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS: "However, the reality is that Chee's leadership has only a track record of under 40% for the past two decades. SDP has never crossed the 40% barrier ever since Chee took over the leadership.(It is important to strike above 40% because it will keep PAP at their toes as this will make them vulnerable in these seats)"

Can anybody remember whether the votes for GMS has ever crossed the 40% barrier?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS: "However, the reality is that Chee's leadership has only a track record of under 40% for the past two decades. SDP has never crossed the 40% barrier ever since Chee took over the leadership.(It is important to strike above 40% because it will keep PAP at their toes as this will make them vulnerable in these seats)"

Can anybody remember whether the votes for GMS has ever crossed the 40% barrier?

10 years ago in aljunied grc, gms and his wp kakis hit almost 45%.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dr chee may be defeated again and again but his perseverance will steer him on.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't agree with GMS. If CSJ were to give up politically and took up a fulltime job maybe as a lecturer, his income will diminish and he won't be able to afford to buy expensive gadgets like guitars for his children. And even if he can get elected, his donations and sponsors will be not be comparable when he was an under dog. For his family and livinghood, Chee should not give up!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It an internal matter for sdp but as long as a controversy figure with negative public image continue to lead, it going to be a liability to the party. So even if PT stands in SMC, he will likely lose a few percentage of the votes due to the unpopular man leading his party.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS gave a good-articulated review.

Unfortunately, I disagree with him. CSJ has momentum going for him. Think of all opposition figures, only he and LTK has a strong standing as opposition leaders. He only needs to cut down on mistakes and soldiers on. He will achieve his dream and I hope he does, even though I do not agree on many things with him.

PAP is lightening up rules for NCMPs and the reason is clear - the young are growing up and they do not much of an impression of the hardships this country went through and the gratitude to the MIW. Unless they allow more such people to enter parliament, there will be a rising clamour.

It is a matter of time CSJ will enter into parliament one day. MIW takes it as a given and they are prepared for it. Mark my words. MIW plans for its future as far as it can.

As for People Power Party, they are good for talk and if you see Choa Chu Kang's slate of candidates, it was awful. Low Wai Choo called herself an activist - who the heck she was? She was in the forefront with Roy Ngerng speaking out on CPF stuff. Try listening to her speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlWHYQTm8p0

Goodness, I remembered she even called GMS her "Lao Da" as though she was in a triad society with GMS. I enjoyed her speech for comedy seriously and they brought much laughter. But on a serious note, she cannot make it with broken english and her views are a mish-mash jumbled-up concoction. Goodness, just imagine her in parliament. How on earth GMS gather such a mismatched crew of terribly-speaking fellows to stand for election? He would be better not doing anything as putting this crew up in just one election can damage his credibility once and for all.

That is as much as I could say about GMS. He is much better off being here and speak like all of us - in nonsense and in sensibility, nobody cares or is bothered. Typically being dumbass here, you could be applauded. :biggrin:

Last edited: