• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Political analyst slams SDP, says it has no credibility

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rapist pin the girl down and rip off her clothes. Then suddenly he stopped and withdrew from his crime. All is forgiven and back to normal? No way.

Not an apt comparison. Pinning down the girl and ripping off her clothes is wilful violence, with or without rape. A crime.

Making the decision to publicize the e-mails is a mistake borne of awkward social skills and poor tactical nous. You can call CSJ a bungling idiot, not a criminal.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe VW and PT thought there was a very, very slim chance they might pull it off. No harm in approaching WP. If they say no, you just back off.

The mistake was going to the press with it.
Loudhailer is a megalomaniac. He must be number 1. Last time in SDP, he got rid of CST so that he can be number 1. He tried to take down PAP, and literally went straight at then PM GCT. Got whacked really good for a number of years by LKY and gang.

Now that he regained his footing, he went after WP because WP is opposition party number 1. CSJ cannot hack it, must sabo WP at all cost. In the end got whacked again, but this time by almost all opposition supporters.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rapist pin the girl down and rip off her clothes. Then suddenly he stopped and withdrew from his crime. All is forgiven and back to normal? No way.

I actually agree with your comparison. But I have to say: no rape has been committed. He is not a rapist.

It's really interesting to note that SDP's behaviour in Punggol East has been completely different from what they did in Hougang. I wonder what has changed.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Political observer Siew Kum Hong told Yahoo! Singapore the whole episode has damaged SDP's standing.

"The SDP's decision to not contest is an 180-degree turn from their previous statements... Voters will only elect parties that are credible and predictable; the SDP's statements and actions over the past 2 weeks show them to be neither," he said.

"Some people seem to think that the SDP has brilliantly played out some grand strategy in all this. In my view, the patently unworkable proposal of a joint campaign with the WP strongly suggests that there was no grand strategy. The SDP's standing has been tremendously weakened by all this."

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/sdp-withdraws-from-punggol-east-by-election-in-shock-move-082525479.html

Seems like Siew Kum Hong worry for Dr Koh and trying hard to get SDP back in.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I thought Siew Kum Hong was a SDP supporter, but his remarks constitute a most stinging indictment of the party.

Mighty Megatron

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually agree with your comparison. But I have to say: no rape has been committed. He is not a rapist.

It's really interesting to note that SDP's behaviour in Punggol East has been completely different from what they did in Hougang. I wonder what has changed.

Hougang is a WP stronghold, Punggol East is not. Comparatively Punggol East offers a better chance.

Problem is it could well be a double edged sword contesting there.

Contest and do better than WP, SDP will have a better claim come next election.

Contest and do worst than WP, SDP will have a weaker claim. Even worst if their "heavy weight" cannot deliver the votes.