• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee preaches the importance of being persistent

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, PM Lee has given us a teaching on persistence and maintaining expectations. He expects us to be a persistent Singaporean when comes to seeking his attention.

The Parable of the Persistent Widow
1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’
4 “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”
6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Quote one email from mother of student trying to get into university:
"I am very saddened by all the statements made in GE about Singaporeans First". I am not asking for financial help, nor housing, nor complain(ing) about GST or cost of living... what I am asking for is a place for my child to further his education... why don‟t you give him a chance?”

Not all appeals succeeded, but this one did: her son was eventually admitted to NTU (on his own merits, not my special intervention)
But for those who did not get in, don’t give up