• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plenty of Jobs in Singapore but are they for Sinkies?

vincenttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sales people, IT professionals, business analysts in demand: Robert Walters
Channel NewsAsia - Tuesday, April 13
Sales people, Information Technology professionals and business analysts are in high demand within the Information Technology and Telecommunications (IT&T) sector in Singapore.

That’s according to recruitment firm Robert Walters’ first quarter market update.

It said the sales function within IT&T has evolved from a transactional role to a more creative and intelligent function.

This, according to Robert Walters, has created a huge demand for professionals with the ability to understand the needs of customers and offer solutions that could involve multiple partners and technologies.

For example, pre—sales consultants with up to five years of experience can now expect a salary increment of between 14.3 and 20 per cent compared to last year.

It also said that small and medium sized companies in Singapore looking to grow their presence in the Asia Pacific region will lead to an expected increase in hiring activities for IT professionals at senior and strategic levels.

The recruitment firm also expects a continuing trend for companies operating in this sector to hire candidates with strong tax experience.

Despite challenging market conditions in 2009, Robert Walters expects salaries and contract rates across the board to return to levels witnessed in early 2008.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite challenging market conditions in 2009, Robert Walters expects salaries and contract rates across the board to return to levels witnessed in early 2008.

Talk is cheap, will the wages be able to keep up with the pace of living? And the terms and conditions of working? Not to forget the number of applicants for a post?

vincenttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apr 6, 2010
Grads get jobs in 6 months
ST_IMAGES_GRGRAD06A.jpg

Graduating students at NTU's convocation last year. Teaching graduates from NTU's National Institute of Education, and nursing and dental surgery graduates from NUS saw full employment. -- ST FILE PHOTO

DESPITE the recession, nine out of 10 students who graduated from the three local universities last year found jobs within six months of graduation, according to Ministry of Education (MOE) statistics released yesterday.

And there was even better news for those in teaching, nursing and dental surgery, with graduates posting a 100 per cent employment rate in those sectors.

The MOE's Graduate Employment Survey, conducted annually, looked at those who graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore Management University (SMU) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) last year and what fraction landed a job within six months.

It also looked at the mean salary across faculties.

Apart from teaching graduates from NTU's National Institute of Education, and nursing and dental surgery graduates from NUS, those from NUS' business administration (accountancy) programmes, and SMU's economics and accountancy programmes were also largely recession-proof.

But last year's economic gloom did affect salaries, with average wages last year lower than those in 2008.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LEt's see............. i spot another thread that complain about the govt's way of doing things. i wonder after this online episode, will the sinkie, like the thais, be having balls to go out and show your displeasure.

When can sinkie surprise me with their balls behavior? i wonder when. Talk is cheap, only action is qualified. IN another words, online posting is bullshit and entertainment without any practical offline action.

That is why i take the Thais much more seriously.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi tonychat,how come you not keeping yourself busy? I thought there are fireworks in Thailand now...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LEt's see............. i spot another thread that complain about the govt's way of doing things. i wonder after this online episode, will the sinkie, like the thais, be having balls to go out and show your displeasure.

When can sinkie surprise me with their balls behavior? i wonder when. Talk is cheap, only action is qualified. IN another words, online posting is bullshit and entertainment without any practical offline action.

That is why i take the Thais much more seriously.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi tonychat,how come you not keeping yourself busy? I thought there are fireworks in Thailand now...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

that CB kia tonychat is a pimp. he just sits there whole day waiting for customers to come n fuck his ladyboy wife so that he can have $ to buy yaba. how busy can that be.:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
by the way, i would like to add that the JObs are for the Thais and not for sinkies. he he he.