• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please be serious when attempting suicide

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need To Get Your Facts Right

Uncle , its not strong religious upbringing lah .. I have seen a lot of religious ppl commited suicide during my NS . By the way I'm not religious and I never think of commit suicide too :wink:

Get your facts right lah. There is small correlation between suicides and religious beliefs. It is just that atheism is not popular that's all. NSmen's dog tags got religious status engraved on them. Most of them have religions lah. Hello, atheists got how many.

Christians know better, and since suicide is a sin, they fear hell, but athiests believe there is nothing, so if they want to end it all, then they think they'll go no where, and it will be blackness of nothing (sounds like a great band name) but Christians fear hell...its forever, like diamonds, only more sinister

Because to the atheist, suicide ends their pain. To religious individuals, it might make it worse, depending on what they believe the fate of suicides to be in the afterlife. This is, of course, assuming that the suicide rate actually is higher among atheists.

You do know that believers are told they'll be tortured for eternity if they kill themselves, right?

Access to a support network is a major aspect of suicide prevention. A close knit group of concerned and caring friends or family fills this role rather neatly. Lacking those, or if those are insufficient, a church group can fill that role as well.

So it's not an "atheist vs. theist" issue, it's a human nature issue. We are social creatures and the greater the isolation, the more detrimental to our own emotional health. Those in poor emotional health for any reason from ill health to financial woes to social isolation are more likely to commit suicide.

In our Chinese religion, anyone that commits suicide will never get to be reborn as a human again and he or she will linger on in suffering as ghosts.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
gamblers - big losers - surely commit suicide and die immediately. all debts cleared.:(

Kopi 90 years old,time to go IMH,still TCSS here,where is your stupid son who got no job for 10 years and who told me cryingly yesterday that you ran away from IMH,take care,God bless,amen
You ran out this morning,isit?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
dreamer1, you should spend your fruitful time awakening yourself instead of fucking one old 90 year old kopisai...cheers!!!