• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Perth property market correction?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
i beg to differ.
take sunnybank in brisbane. it is a chinese densely populated area, and no local aussies will consider to pay good prices for them. and you can only sell to chinese. and that has cut your potential buyers down dramatically. perhaps the chinese in melb are richer than those in brisbane.

Aiyo uncle.. come over to Melbourne and drive into Kew, Camberwell, Balwyn.. and you will see the majestic, gigantic houses here - superb ! These ppl are super-super rich.. they couldn't care less for 100-200k diff in pricing.. There are 2 classes of Chinese here - super-rich and another the so-so class.. All (rich) ppl like to stay close to this area bcoz of good schools and infrastructures. Boroondara and Stonnington are the best suburbs.

Brisbane good areas are close to sea or river becoz they can enjoy sea-breezes and nice views - ie Hamilton, Bulimba, Manly, Toowong etc..

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
i beg to differ.
take sunnybank in brisbane. it is a chinese densely populated area, and no local aussies will consider to pay good prices for them. and you can only sell to chinese. and that has cut your potential buyers down dramatically. perhaps the chinese in melb are richer than those in brisbane.

Hey fishbuff,

any thoughts on mount gravatt near garden city? Do you consider that an "Asian" suburb like Sunnybank / Sunnybank Hills?

Easy access to the highway, shopping, express bus to city, close to griffth uni.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo uncle.. come over to Melbourne and drive into Kew, Camberwell, Balwyn.. and you will see the majestic, gigantic houses here - superb ! These ppl are super-super rich.. they couldn't care less for 100-200k diff in pricing.. There are 2 classes of Chinese here - super-rich and another the so-so class.. All (rich) ppl like to stay close to this area bcoz of good schools and infrastructures. Boroondara and Stonnington are the best suburbs.

Brisbane good areas are close to sea or river becoz they can enjoy sea-breezes and nice views - ie Hamilton, Bulimba, Manly, Toowong etc..

there arent any uber rich chinese in brisbane as far as i know.. perhaps we can consider business owner like yuen's supermarket to be exceptionally rich chinese. 100% they will be living in sunnybank/robertson/mansfield.
i kicked myself for not going to melbourne initially. now hantar kaki in brisbane.

Hey fishbuff,

any thoughts on mount gravatt near garden city? Do you consider that an "Asian" suburb like Sunnybank / Sunnybank Hills?

Easy access to the highway, shopping, express bus to city, close to griffth uni.

i dont live in the east but i know mount gravatt is high on the asian property buyers' radar together with mansfield and robertson, sunnybank hills is upcoming.

there is a northshore tuition centre there which i send my kid there for tuition on weekend. pretty crowded but the races there are more distributed unlike sunnybank.