• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

people want to arrest LKY!

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dare he hide in Tangjong Pagar GRC? If that was supposed to be his stronghold? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100413...DeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDa3lyZ3l6bGVhZGVy

Kyrgyz leader must come to capital or face arrest
AP

Kurmanbek Bakiyev AP – Kyrgyzstan's deposed President Kurmanbek Bakiyev greets his supporters after a rally in the village of …
By PETER LEONARD, Associated Press Writer Peter Leonard, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 14 mins ago

JALAL-ABAD, Kyrgyzstan – A leader of the self-declared interim government that has claimed power in Kyrgyzstan said Tuesday the deposed president must return to the capital or face arrest by special forces.

But ousted president Kurmanbek Bakiyev was defiant, rallying some 5,000 supporters in his power base and refusing to give in to demands that he step down.

"My power is in the people, not in me," he told the crowd in the city of Jalal-Abad.

In Bishkek, the capital, interim government vice-premier Azymbek Beknazarov told reporters that if Bakiyev does not come to Bishkek after this rally, special forces would prepare an operation to arrest him.

It was not immediately clear what the interim authorities would do with Bakiyev if he did go to Bishkek, and Bakiyev dismissed the threat after the rally, telling The Associated Press "I don't recognize such actions."

The hardening positions on both sides raised the prospect of new violence in the impoverished, strategically important former Soviet Central Asian country. The United States and Russia both have military bases in Kyrgyzstan and developments are being watched with concern in both Washington and Moscow.

The crowd listening to Bakiyev was clearly enthusiastic; one speaker who appeared before Bakiyev broke down in tears as he praised the president.

But the atmosphere was peaceful and Bakiyev urged his supporters not to renew violence.

"The whole world is looking at us. We must preserve stability," he said in his energetic, half-hour address.

Bakiyev fled the capital to his native south last Wednesday after a protest rally in the capital erupted into shooting and chaos; at least 83 people were killed. Protesters stormed government building and opposition leaders declared themselves in control.

The opposition initially had guaranteed Bakiyev safe passage out of the country if he stepped down.

On Tuesday he said "I am willing to negotiate," but it was not clear what possibilities he would be willing to discuss.

Beknazarov said Tuesday that his government has ordered Bakiyev stripped of the usual presidential immunity. He also said the country's constitutional court has been suspended because of unspecified violations and that the chairman of the Supreme Court had been dismissed.

The U.S. base, at the capital's international airport, is a key piece in the NATO military campaign against the Taliban in Afghanistan. The base provides refueling flights for warplanes over Afghanistan and is a transit point for troops.

___

Associated Press Writers Yuras Karmanau in Bishkek and Jim Heintz in Moscow contributed to this story.

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bakiyev still can gather few K supporters at his stronghold. Will LKY's dog even come out when he is in trouble? :wink: Those who still support LKY can be together ousted with him.

ALBERT_APTOPIX_KYRG_103718e.jpg

News » International
TEYIT, Kyrgyzstan, April 12, 2010
Kyrgyzstan’s deposed president gathers supporters
AP
Share · print · T+
Kyrgyzstan's deposed President Kurmanbek Mr. Bakiyev prays during a meeting in the village of Teyit, in Jalal-Abad region in southern Kyrgyzstan, on Monday. Photo: AP.
Kyrgyzstan's deposed President Kurmanbek Mr. Bakiyev prays during a meeting in the village of Teyit, in Jalal-Abad region in southern Kyrgyzstan, on Monday. Photo: AP.
Related
NEWS
Kyrgyz forms interim govt. backed by the army Kyrgyz ponder whether to abandon Bakiyev
TOPICS
World Kyrgyzstan
civil unrest political dissent
rebellions
social conflict
unrest, conflicts and war riots

Kyrgyzstan’s deposed president on Monday rallied supporters in his home village, testing his ability to mount resistance to the opposition forces that drove him out of the capital last week.

As about 500 people gathered in a muddy field in Kurmanbek Bakiyev’s native village of Teyit, the deputy head of the self-declared interim government said in the capital that an operation to arrest Mr. Bakiyev was being organized.

“Just let him try. If he does, much blood will be shed,” Mr. Bakiyev told reporters who asked him about the statement by Almazbek Atambayev.

Mr. Atambayev did not give details about the arrest plans, but said “we do not want fresh bloodshed.”

At least 81 people died in the capital last Wednesday when a confrontation between police and protesters exploded into gunfire and chaos. Protesters stormed government buildings and Mr. Bakiyev fled to his native southern region.

He has refused to step down and the rally in Teyit brought an array of speakers who vowed their support and waved banners with slogans such as “Hands off the legitimate president.”

There were no uniformed police in view at the rally, and the loyalty of the country’s security forces remains a significant question.

The stalemate has left Kyrgyzstan’s near-term stability in doubt. That worries the West because a U.S. air base in Kyrgyzstan is crucial in the military campaign against the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The base is used both as the launch point for refuelling flights over Afghanistan and as a troop transit point. Troop transit flights had been diverted for several days, but the U.S. Embassy said Monday those flights have returned to normal operation and that the refuelling flights are continuing.

U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Robert Blake is to travel to Kyrgyzstan on Wednesday for talks including the base status.

Mr. Atambayev, echoing previous statements by interim government leader Roza Otunbayeva, said the base’s status will be discussed with the United States and “we shall decide everything in a civilized way.”

Many Kyrgyz oppose the base and Mr. Atambayev expressed deep ambivalence.

“This base is our common cause to provide stability in Afghanistan,” he said. But then he launched into criticism of the United States for allegedly cutting deals with Mr. Bakiyev’s family for contracts at the base.

Alleged corruption by members of the Bakiyev family, including enriching themselves through fuel contracts for the base, was one of the top issues that brought out protesters last week.

“While trying to preserve the base, you lost the respect of the people,” Mr. Atambayev said of the United States.

Mr. Bakiyev told The Associated Press in an interview on Sunday that he had not ordered police to fire at protesters in the capital.

“My conscience is clear,” he said.

He strongly urged the United Nations to send a peacekeeping force to Kyrgyzstan, arguing that the nation’s police and the military are too weak to keep the unrest from spreading.

“The people of Kyrgyzstan are very afraid,” Mr. Bakiyev said. “They live in terror.”

Ms. Otunbayeva, after a meeting on Monday with European Union representatives, said “We are in a rather rigid and delicate situation: people in the street demand revenge, they are ready to go there and deal with him shortly, but we’ll be cautious as far as the forceful scenario is concerned and won’t allow new victims.”

In taking power on Thursday, the interim leaders said they controlled four of Kyrgyzstan’s seven regions. By Saturday they claimed to have expanded their control throughout the country.

The interim leadership on Monday announced the dismissal of Kyrgyzstan’s ambassadors to the United States, Germany, Russia and Turkey. But the ambassador to Russia, Raimkul Attakurov, rejected the order, telling the Russian state news agency RIA Novosti that he would leave only on Mr. Bakiyev’s order.

Kyrgyzstan’s society is strongly clan-based, but there are few signs that Mr. Bakiyev could muster any significant tribal support in the south to challenge the self-declared interim government. Some analysts say that a hike in utility prices and massive corruption has set many southerners against Mr. Bakiyev.

Keywords: Political upheaval,

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a moment I thought it was real !

It is real 100%.

Why do you doubt that there are people wanting badly to arrest LKY?

And time will only prove it.

There are countless of people who want also to arrest Bush including millions of Americans. They campaigned it in Washington DC and other cities since 2003.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is real 100%.

Why do you doubt that there are people wanting badly to arrest LKY?

And time will only prove it.

There are countless of people who want also to arrest Bush including millions of Americans. They campaigned it in Washington DC and other cities since 2003.

yeah me tooo...for a moment i tot its real tooo...quite disheartening that its not...guess we have to wait for at least another 5 years

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
sad case say if the election is this year 2010..there will be another 66.66% cant be bothered or dont care or too proud/ego to come to senses,..to give him a strong mandate.....or another make up 66.66% ...then it will be another 5years of torrid again...this time probably the worst..coz lots of money lost..lots of jobs to foreigners and more taxes....hopefully people will start to wake up then

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who wants to arrest my beloved God father must certain go through me first!!! Long Live LKY. Without him, where got me? Father close, Mother close also canot be compared to LKY close la. :rolleyes:

Election? Mood good put hand let you win one. Otherwise you think we monarchy or what. Otherwise Jurong combine untill Pasir Ris into 1 super big GRC require 100 member team. See you get 100 MP to work for you instead of the usual 4 or 5 in normal GRC.

Opposition then LPPL. See my god father is kind enough to ensure demo cracy.

crossbow_sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who wants to arrest my beloved God father must certain go through me first!!! Long Live LKY. Without him, where got me? Father close, Mother close also canot be compared to LKY close la. :rolleyes:

Election? Mood good put hand let you win one. Otherwise you think we monarchy or what. Otherwise Jurong combine untill Pasir Ris into 1 super big GRC require 100 member team. See you get 100 MP to work for you instead of the usual 4 or 5 in normal GRC.

Opposition then LPPL. See my god father is kind enough to ensure demo cracy.

Certainly will go through even if there was a million of you!

Crush Crush Splash Splash! So what?
:confused: