• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP's Migrant policy is Seriously Flawed

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually they may be some sort of future agreement with sg govt and these countries. E.g If you invest in my country, you must let my citizens work and live in your country.
Your know lah. Sg got a lot of $$, mostly from peasants hard earned coffers. So went to other countries invest here and there. Naturally have to sign lots of agreement.
To pap, win-win situation. Can make money in other countries, as well as solve labour shortage by letting in these "FT".
Yet at the same time, depressing the wages of sporeans, no need to pay them so high pay.
This is call killing 3 birds with one stone. PAP Huat AH!
These countries are also calculating how to screw Singapore for their own purposes. I already have heard of the scary bravado how the PRCs in Singapore will fuck Singapore and the police have their ass screwed. Actually, you go to any decent defence policy school, the numbers already indicate how vulnerable and easy it is to screw Singapore and the dogs of PAP cannot do anything. While they are trying to busily silence Singaporeans, our good foreign talent have already positioned themselves to silence the dogs a few times. Almost 2 million foreigners in Singapore. This excludes the reinforcements who camouflage as tourists. What to do? Dogs have flood their heads with noise to block out their ability to understand.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP runs a very black or white government. If Asia-philia is the fashion of the day, every department will go Asia-philia. But if on the other hand someone feels that our spoken english is no good and we need to improve on that, English teachers will be welcomed with open arms. The next day, it could be Chinese depending on the fashion of the day or rather piecemeal concept of the day.

All the privatization that we see around us barely took more than a decade to complete as every Ministry rushed to be the Finance Ministry. Remember the Stop at 2 policy changed overnight to 3 or more. A total reversal. Black becomes white.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP runs a very black or white government. If Asia-philia is the fashion of the day, every department will go Asia-philia. But if on the other hand someone feels that our spoken english is no good and we need to improve on that, English teachers will be welcomed with open arms. The next day, it could be Chinese depending on the fashion of the day or rather piecemeal concept of the day.

All the privatization that we see around us barely took more than a decade to complete as every Ministry rushed to be the Finance Ministry. Remember the Stop at 2 policy changed overnight to 3 or more. A total reversal. Black becomes white.

A very vaild point, Fook Seng. In fact, that basically sums up why S'pore is in this state of affairs. Once the word is spoken by LKY, every government ministry, stat boards, agencies, departments etc big or small will start over-reacting and would go to extreme to carry out what LKY ordered. The immigration policy is obviously one of them but less known example is the opening of the night scene and night life in S'pore. It best illustrates how as u said a policy that was once defended stoutly was thrown to the dogs when LKY opened his mouth to over-turn it. LKY remarked that the financial sector here lacked the buzz where bankers etc get together after work to compare notes, share stories and exchange info. He attributed this to the dearth of night joints here and the early closing hours. Almost overnight, pubs, bars, karaokes sprung up everywhere. And not only that, they were now allowed to open to 3am and some in fact till 6am. Previously, pub owners and the likes had lobbied very very hard for the authorities to allow longer opening hours and for more areas to be designated for such businesses. And invariably it had been a "NO" because S'pore needs to project a clean and decent country. But all that argument went down the drain as soon as LKY said we must have a much more vibrant night scene. Bar-top dancing once banned became a common sight. So all it takes is for that One Man to say something, and all hell breaks loose. Never mind what the Old Man had previously said. Never mind that they used to defend the Old Man's thinking. Now that the Old Man has changed his mind, we must act immediately to fulfill his new wishes. That's the situation in S'pore. Little wonder then that not only the floodgates were flung wide opened to let in the influx of foreigners but they were waiting at the entrance to welcome them with open arms. They must do so because LKY had said to let foreigners in.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Little wonder then that not only the floodgates were flung wide opened to let in the influx of foreigners but they were waiting at the entrance to welcome them with open arms. They must do so because LKY had said to let foreigners in.

That's what leadership is all about. Mr Lee is well respected so what he says goes.

It is because of this that Singapore has been able to progress from third world to first in such a short period of time.

BTW have any of those so called "disadvantaged" characters you take care of actually applied for any jobs in the past week or are they still lazing around waiting for free money to drop from the sky?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what leadership is all about. Mr Lee is well respected so what he says goes.

It is because of this that Singapore has been able to progress from third world to first in such a short period of time.

BTW have any of those so called "disadvantaged" characters you take care of actually applied for any jobs in the past week or are they still lazing around waiting for free money to drop from the sky?

That's not called "leadership". The right term is "dictatorship". And his puppets do what he says out of fear, not respect. You get those who are no beholden to him such as the great Dr Toh Chin Chye and E W Barker, they will show him their middle finger if he asked them to do what they don't think it's correct. LKY pays his puppets aplenty, such that he can have a grip on them, manipulating them as he likes. If not for the high pay, no one will give a shit about him. S'pore is not a first world country. It don't just get into the first world league simply because LKY said so. The fact is that it relegated from second world country back to third. And if PAP continues to do things in accordance to what LKY wish, there's great chance it falls into the fourth world country category.

You are right to describe the poor folks as "disadvantaged". They are indeed being disadvantaged by PAP discriminatory policies in favor of the rich. They are indeed being disadvantaged through PAP's neglect. They are indeed disadvantaged by PAP's abdication of social responsibilities to take care of the poor but instead enrich the rich. This trait of the PAP under LKY is not just spoken of by me or fellow forummers here. It was spoken of by Dr Toh Chin Chye as far back as early 80s. He knew then that the PAP had gone a totally different direction from the one had envisaged when he founded the party. He knew then that LKY had sold out and gone for wealth and glory. Dr Toh's biggest regret must have been to cast that extra vote for LKY to be the PM where the votes were tied after seeing his true colors. It's really amazing how incredibly naive that there are people like u who still hold LKY in such high regard despite all the hard truths about his unscrupulousness, his deceitful ways, his dumping people after he had made use of them, his tyranny, his ego-maniacness etc are being exposed.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
T such high regard despite all the hard truths about his unscrupulousness, his deceitful ways, his dumping people after he had made use of them, his tyranny, his ego-maniacness etc are being exposed.

Blah blah blah etc etc.

You still have not answered my question.... how many of the "disadvantaged" characters under your watch actually went looking for a job over the last couple of weeks?

Did any of them contact Jumbo Restaurant for the job of "dish washer" which pays $1600 per month?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually they may be some sort of future agreement with sg govt and these countries. E.g If you invest in my country, you must let my citizens work and live in your country.
Your know lah. Sg got a lot of $$, mostly from peasants hard earned coffers. So went to other countries invest here and there. Naturally have to sign lots of agreement.
To pap, win-win situation. Can make money in other countries, as well as solve labour shortage by letting in these "FT".
Yet at the same time, depressing the wages of sporeans, no need to pay them so high pay.
This is call killing 3 birds with one stone. PAP Huat AH!

One main role of a govt is to better the lives of its citizens.

Is the pap doing that for Singaporeans?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These countries are also calculating how to screw Singapore for their own purposes. I already have heard of the scary bravado how the PRCs in Singapore will fuck Singapore and the police have their ass screwed. Actually, you go to any decent defence policy school, the numbers already indicate how vulnerable and easy it is to screw Singapore and the dogs of PAP cannot do anything. While they are trying to busily silence Singaporeans, our good foreign talent have already positioned themselves to silence the dogs a few times. Almost 2 million foreigners in Singapore. This excludes the reinforcements who camouflage as tourists. What to do? Dogs have flood their heads with noise to block out their ability to understand.

You are absolutely right. A threat can be for the outside or from the inside.

There is no need to conquer SG militarily. SG can fall by many other means

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's very true.

It shows the weakness of the SG system

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's not called "leadership". The right term is "dictatorship". And his puppets do what he says out of fear, not respect. You get those who are no beholden to him such as the great Dr Toh Chin Chye and E W Barker, they will show him their middle finger if he asked them to do what they don't think it's correct. LKY pays his puppets aplenty, such that he can have a grip on them, manipulating them as he likes. If not for the high pay, no one will give a shit about him. S'pore is not a first world country. It don't just get into the first world league simply because LKY said so. The fact is that it relegated from second world country back to third. And if PAP continues to do things in accordance to what LKY wish, there's great chance it falls into the fourth world country category.

LKY instils fear and demand obedience from his men through arrogance, gangster behaviour and using leegalised money to inflict monetary pain for those who dare to defy him

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
long time back, they said "stop at 2". then, they implemented primary school streaming to condemn our ppl at a very young age. then, NUS & NTU is reserved for A Level grads, while Poly diploma grads not given credits and have to waste more yrs in local varsity.

now, lack of manpower (due to "stop at 2") - no prizes for guessing who's fault it is
now, lack of skilled graduates (due to streaming & limited university entry) - no prizes for guessing who's fault it is
now, influx of foreigners driving wages lower & living costs higher - no prizes for guessing who's fault it is

yet, there are so many idiots that believe that the scholars responsible for this disaster is the best in the world??? better still, 1 of whom who was part of the disaster is hosting tea parties next to plaza singapura every now & then.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
long time back, they said "stop at 2". then, they implemented primary school streaming to condemn our ppl at a very young age. then, NUS & NTU is reserved for A Level grads, while Poly diploma grads not given credits and have to waste more yrs in local varsity.

now, lack of manpower (due to "stop at 2") - no prizes for guessing who's fault it is
now, lack of skilled graduates (due to streaming & limited university entry) - no prizes for guessing who's fault it is
now, influx of foreigners driving wages lower & living costs higher - no prizes for guessing who's fault it is

yet, there are so many idiots that believe that the scholars responsible for this disaster is the best in the world??? better still, 1 of whom who was part of the disaster is hosting tea parties next to plaza singapura every now & then.

Bad PAP policies:

1. Suitability Certificate required for Singaporeans to enter tertiary institutions like SU, Nantah, SP...
2. Stop at two
3. NS for Singaporeans, jobs for foreigners
4. Second Language at A levels to enter NUS (this denied many SG guys of aplace in the Uni)
5. SG guys have to serve NS b4 entering Uni (this caused many SG guys to skip Uni as they lose the drive studied after 2.5yrs of brain dead activities in NS)
6. Graduate Mothers' scheme
7. Mother Tongue Scheme
8. CPF for shares
9. Overpaying of ministers attracted wrong people into PAP
10.Huge influx of cheap foreign labour
11. Unnecessary stress at all levels
12. Employing scholars without nec expertise into top management in TLCs and GLCs
13. Inbreeding
14. Cronyism
15. Despotism
16. No accountability
17. Dont take responsibility for bad decisions
18. Slack governance
19. Using SG Judiciary to bankrupt good and credible opposition members
etc

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry Tracy, one policy I support is NS. Physically fit man must do NS. I'm against the call for women to do NS unless they're willingly interested to sign on. I really don't want to see sisters, aunties, women cousins being hauled into army or police camps against their wills. If NS it must be, we men bear with it as men and leave the women alone. I also don't support NS for foreigners. Trust and train them with firearms? Think about it. There's someone who criticized me for "escaping" NS by signing on. Hello, I got paid more but I served longer. The price was paid by the time, prime time in life. It's equitable and not lucrative for a small fry like me anyway.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry Tracy, one policy I support is NS. Physical fit man must do NS. I'm against the call for girls to do NS unless they're willingly interested. I really don't want to see sisters, aunties, women cousins being hauled into army or police camps against their wills. If NS it must be, we men bear with it and leave the women alone. I also don't support NS for foreigners. Trust and train them with firearms? Think about it. There's someone who criticized me for "escaping" NS by signing on. Hello, I got paid more but I served longer. The price was paid by the time. It's equitable and not lucrative for a small fry like me anyway.

You hv a good point. But look at why I said it's a bad policy. I am not against NS per say. But if NS has to be done, it can be better managed.

Why shd foreigners hv an advantage over Singapore guys
Why NS only for SG guys?
Why not NS for SG gals too? Gals can do NS in non military areas such as nursing, etc
Why cant the govt pay market rate for NS vocations if it has to compel guys to do NS? After all..the pap has always said that there is no free lunch in SG

the govt can help improve NS a lot more than what it is doing now.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry Tracy, one policy I support is NS. Physically fit man must do NS. I'm against the call for women to do NS unless they're willingly interested to sign on. I really don't want to see sisters, aunties, women cousins being hauled into army or police camps against their wills. If NS it must be, we men bear with it as men and leave the women alone. I also don't support NS for foreigners. Trust and train them with firearms? Think about it. There's someone who criticized me for "escaping" NS by signing on. Hello, I got paid more but I served longer. The price was paid by the time, prime time in life. It's equitable and not lucrative for a small fry like me anyway.

It's good that u only disagree with one...NS. does that mean that u agree with the other 18?:smile:

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ok..if u dont foreigners to bear arms in NS...but it can be in other areas without having to bear arms...for example SCDF, MOH, etc. or they pay extra taxes...something to make it less onerous for Singaporean guys in SG

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SG's National Pledge:

"We, the citizens of Singapore, pledge ourselves as one united people, regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and progress for our nation"

As a matter of principle, does NS violate the Pledge?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SG's National Pledge:

"We, the citizens of Singapore, pledge ourselves as one united people, regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and progress for our nation"

As a matter of principle, does NS violate the Pledge?

It didn't say regardless of gender. I'd bear the responsibility as a man. I don't want my women to be in it. In fact, men doing it is to protect women and children.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It didn't say regardless of gender. I'd bear the responsibility as a man. I don't want my women to it. In fact, men doing it is to protect women and children.

It mentioned Justice and Equality.

Like I said, gals can do non military NS and I am willing to do it. It's the spirit of National Service, not military Service. That will make things more just and equal.

Or at least pay NSF market rate.

something to mitigate NS