• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP To Become A Semiconductor Powerhouse Again!!! Tampines Will Be World Famous! Majulah PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Start-up Silicon Box’s semiconductor factory to create up to 1,200 jobs, boosting Singapore's manufacturing hub status

SINGAPORE: Singapore-based semiconductor start-up Silicon Box has set up a S$2.65 billion factory in Tampines, creating more than a thousand jobs and boosting the country’s status as an advanced manufacturing hub.

At full production, the 73,000 sq m manufacturing and research and development facility – touted as the world's most advanced semiconductor factory – will employ up to 1,200 workers in roles such as engineers and digital experts.

“The Singapore government is the most efficient government, compared to what I have experienced,” said Dr Han Byung Joon, co-founder and chief executive officer of Silicon Box.

“If I relocate talent existing in the world, and Singapore is a more likeable country to move into rather than other countries at this point of time.”

APPLICATIONS IN AREAS SUCH AS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, ELECTRIC VEHICLES
The foundry is designed to produce chiplets that can be applied in areas from artificial intelligence (AI) to electric vehicles (EV).

2023-07-20t054916z_1_lynxmpej6j066_rtroptp_3_singapore-chips.jpg

These chiplets can be as small as a grain of sand and stacked like Lego blocks to form processors that power everything from data centres to household appliances.

Silicon Box's proprietary technology connects the chiplets on rectangular panels, instead of the conventional way of putting them together on round silicon wafers.

This is more efficient and reduces cost by up to four times, according to the company.

Its approach reduces package sizes, improves electrical performance by more than 50 per cent and lowers power consumption by over 40 per cent, which will help its industry partners take their products to the market faster.

BOOSTING SINGAPORE’S POSITION AS A GLOBAL LEADER IN SEMICONDUCTORS
Over the years, Singapore has built up leading positions in several manufacturing sectors, including semiconductors.

The semiconductor industry makes up more than 7 per cent of Singapore's gross domestic product, and the global market is expected to exceed US$1 trillion by 2030, double the current size.

Economic Development Board (EDB) chairman Png Cheong Boon said Singapore has built up strength across the whole semiconductor value chain over the years.

“Despite near term headwinds arising from factors such as high interest rates and continuing inflationary pressures, the semiconductor industry's long-term growth trajectory remains very strong,” he added.

“This is due to the growth drivers such as digitalisation and electrification that permeates almost every industry, in particular, the constant need for greater computing power, driven by ChatGPT or generative AI, as well as the ubiquitous connectivity that's needed.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...ore-status-advanced-manufacturing-hub-3645031

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
1,200 workers only... LOL... 12,000 workers maybe raise our eyebrows...

200 office staff, 100 cleaners, 100 ahneh IT staff, how many fab engineers?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Part time at SPA?
I doubt so. Most of them are from the inner village and very ugly kind. They spend long hours in the factory earning lots of ot.
Many of the engineers and hr will be from mudland.
Out of the 1200 maybe only 1 handful from sg

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt so. Most of them are from the inner village and very ugly kind. They spend long hours in the factory earning lots of ot.
Many of the engineers and hr will be from mudland.
Out of the 1200 maybe only 1 handful from sg
One hand full of good jobs for sinkies, and another hand full of good jobs and raises in the govt. Worth! :thumbsup:

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
More jobs for foreigners according to the report.

“If I relocate talent existing in the world, and Singapore is a more likeable country to move into rather than other countries at this point of time.”

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides good jobs for that few sinkies, what sinkies will gain from this ?
I think should be nothing.
Pap has alot to gain. From workers levy to taxes and country and own status.
I think most sinkies rather don't want those few sinkies to have the jobs. Or I am wrong to say that?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
John Tn having wet dream
Ask PAP MP to don the space suit and get the work done and stop Fucking fellow female MP and grassroots.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This company sounds like it's South Korean, a country soon to be forced into NATo. Better build the first factory elsewhere

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If msia is political stable and their own peo are not lazy and always ask for privilege, semiconductor firms will rather invest in msia cheap land instead of sinkie. Too bad sinkie steal it.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If msia is political stable and their own peo are not lazy and always ask for privilege, semiconductor firms will rather invest in msia cheap land instead of sinkie. Too bad sinkie steal it.
PAP simi lanjiao also want to do.... end up chobolan and xiasuay ownself...