• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP imported so many people. Have they ever thought what will happen during recession

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP imported so many people. Have they ever thought what will happen during reces

One day Singapore will collapse under the weight of PAP's greed: literally and metaphorically. :cool:

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: PAP imported so many people. Have they ever thought what will happen during reces

what is the probability of this event horizon? any idea what is the triggering point? and would a drop of 70 pct be too exaggerated? If this is the case, very shiok, same amount of money can buy 1 HDB and 1 private apartment... hehe

when fed reserve start hiking rates or china goes into a hard landing. seems quite possible because the bloom all along in singapore has been fueled by cheap loans and low interest rates.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal

At some point, increasing the population will not be sufficient to push growth. While higher population increase consumption but it also push up prices. Eventually, price increase will lead to fall in consumption. Sinkapore will also become less attractive for foreigners who plan to come hre for a quick buck.

Can I have your Canadian passport, I will give you my Sinkapore I/C.

especially when singapore do not have minimum wages and prices keep increasing. if fts cannot make money to retire home. they might as well stay in their own country.

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal

If there's another recession coming to Sillypore's shore, the following people will suffer (in order):
1) local sinkies

halo mai comprain leow lah for yew with yew @ bedok reservoir si boh

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm sure you guys are aware that underground cities are in the pipeline for singapore.
We are all going to live like rats underground.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm sure you guys are aware that underground cities are in the pipeline for singapore.
We are all going to live like rats underground.

They already tested building underground with the many caverns. I got to run before they make me into a rat.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore's interest rates have been rising over the past year even though the Fed hasn't raise their interest rates yet. When the Fed begins their normalization of interest rates plus the coming recession, there will be a lot of suffering for many of the idiots that voted for PAP over the next five years till the next GE.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/three-month-sibor-reaches/2125042.html

Three-month Sibor reaches 7-year high
The key mortgage benchmark rose to 1.13100 per cent, the highest level since 2008.
POSTED: 14 Sep 2015 12:31

SINGAPORE: Singapore’s key mortgage benchmark jumped to a seven-year high on Monday (Sep 14), ahead of a Federal Reserve meeting later this week that could mark the start of US interest rate hikes.

The three-month Singapore Interbank Offered Rate (Sibor) rose to 1.13100 per cent, up from 1.07483 per cent on Thursday, according to latest data from the Association of Banks in Singapore. Monday’s level was the highest since 2008.

Many variable mortgage plans have interest rates linked to Sibor. For instance, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation currently offers home loans at three-month Sibor plus 0.9 percentage points for the first three years. Rising interest rates could put further pressure on residential property investors who are already grappling with falling rents and lower resale values.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Increasing population is the least desirable way for Singapore (considering the small land area), but we know no other way ("we" refers to the economic planners, it is not my job!), our whole education system taught us only to view "growth" as good, anything else is no good! Example, in my work in sales, every quarter, boss wants to know our sales forecast, what is the growth percentange?!?! I once joked with my colleagues, "Who dares go to boss and say there will be NO GROWTH next quarter, it will be good if we can maintain market share, my colleagues didn't find that funny, no one dares to tell boss that growth is unlikely even though market is saturated (in the case of manufacturing, decreasing!) Foreigners find working in Singapore advantageous - low tax, high Singapore dollar, ease of doing business, relative good standard of living, Singapore isn't a bad place to be located. Civil society, orderly, good education for their kids. I do not know what how Singapore will overcome the dense living condition, looks like people will have to accept it and adjust to living in crowdedness, after all, majority of the world's population now live in urban centres, so this is the norm.

You want my Canadian passport? I just renewed it at the consulate, my mom wants me to remain in Singapore, so do all my friends and relatives, I do not want to think about it. Your recent GE, no one party/candidate brought up the subject of dual-citizenship, my status is that of a "foreigner," can't stay when my job permit expires. Suggest you apply for emigration to Canada, it is not difficult.

Cheers!

At some point, increasing the population will not be sufficient to push growth. While higher population increase consumption but it also push up prices. Eventually, price increase will lead to fall in consumption. Sinkapore will also become less attractive for foreigners who plan to come hre for a quick buck.

Can I have your Canadian passport, I will give you my Sinkapore I/C.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

don't worry. sinkies are very used to cozying up among crowds.

image.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Have the sinkies thought what will happen when they voted PAP?

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore's interest rates have been rising over the past year even though the Fed hasn't raise their interest rates yet. When the Fed begins their normalization of interest rates plus the coming recession, there will be a lot of suffering for many of the idiots that voted for PAP over the next five years till the next GE.

will pap save these 70% idiots or not?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ooi dun anyhow say hor. Wat recession? Vote for pap more good years to come. 风调雨顺 国泰民安
No more complains.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow, right after the GE, PAP informs Singaporeans that in the first half of 2015, number of jobs fell by 1000 and the number of employed Singaporeans and PRs fell by 8900! And the number of FTs is still increasing!

This important information should have been released to the public in July, but PAP must have been holding back this info until after the GE for political reasons. Now I know why PAP called for the GE so early, if they waited to hold the GE next year, many idiots may not have voted for them.

The employment news is going to continue getting worse in the months ahead, many of the 69% idiots that voted for PAP are going to be retrenched, or get pay cuts, or get replaced by cheaper foreigners. I be laughing at 69% idiots as they get screwed and squeezed by PAP over the next five years. The 69% idiots have given PAP absolute power in parliament to do whatever they want.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ctivity-fall-in-first-half-of-2015-mom-report

Employment and productivity fall in first half of 2015: MOM report
Published 15 Sept 2015

From January to June this year, total employment fell by 1,000, compared with the growth of 52,200 in the same period last year.

The decline was led by an 8,900 fall in the number of Singaporeans and permanent residents in jobs

figa.jpg

Excluding maids, foreign employment growth slowed to 8,000, the lowest half-yearly growth since the 2009 recession.

fibb.jpg

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP said in the weekend that the 70% idiots agree with PAP and accept PAP policies. PAP wants interest rates to rise so the answer is NO, PAP will not save these 70% idiots.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP said in the weekend that the 70% idiots agree with PAP and accept PAP policies. PAP wants interest rates to rise so the answer is NO, PAP will not save these 70% idiots.

not really. interest rates rising was due to sgd weakening against usd. myr did not drop for no reasons. because money is flowing out of asia.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

The PAP through MAS had said they want the Fed to raise interest rates several months ago, they want the normalization of interest rates.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal

The PAP through MAS had said they want the Fed to raise interest rates several months ago, they want the normalization of interest rates.

why does mas want fed to hike rates? dun they know that once rates goes up. alot of foreclosure will happen?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

i remember back in 1997. no pr can be issue with credit cards. right now i saw alot of pinoys holding credit cards.

Not credit cards, lah. Debit cards. Bankers not so stupid to issue credit cards to domestic workers who may run road or balek kampong anytime. If holding credit cards, it is supplementary cards or they already imported fake sinkies.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

....The employment news is going to continue getting worse in the months ahead, many of the 69% idiots that voted for PAP are going to be retrenched, or get pay cuts, or get replaced by cheaper foreigners. I be laughing at 69% idiots as they get screwed and squeezed by PAP over the next five years. The 69% idiots have given PAP absolute power in parliament to do whatever they want.

It is easy to understand why pappies must keep on importing foreigners...to collect levies, taxes, GST to support Govt expenditures and top salaries paid to Minister must be taken from revenue. Aging pop means smaller work force, more retires, lesser spending power. Locals unemployed? Sorry, it is your own business. If an imported foreigner can do it cheaper, and you cannot do it, go jump bedok reservoir.

Why 69% voted pappies? Truth is at least 20% out of this 69% were foreign fake sinkies, who helped pappies to win big.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

...at least 20% of this group of 69% does not need pappies to save them. Things not going well, they hold return ticket to balek where they came from. No problem. As for the other 40% local sinkies, they can go jump bedok reservoir.