• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Facing Divine Wrath?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh dear, me is confused... other than acknowledging their flaws, don't see how the act of them on their knees could solve problems, bro :(:(:(

What are the problems in Singapore?
1. Overpaid Ministers
2. Hazardous population policy
3. Too much attention on GDP
4. Giving too much to FTs.. citizenship, scholarship...
5. Bad and unreliable public transport
and the list goes on.

Every problem consists of two parts.
First, the malfunction....it is unable to perform the way you expected and the second part, due to its malfunctions, inconveniences and frustrations are created.
If those m'fucker could own up to some of the mistakes they made...it will loosen up the frustrations and tensions.
People will acknowledge their sincerities, accept their mistakes and will be more patient to let them sort out the problems they created.

So 50 % of the problems are solved, agree?

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome to politics. Tell us which country is utopia.

Learn to see things from both sides of the coin and you may be a happier person, then again, one can choose to be unhappy.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
if the pap uses evil schemes and deceives the electorate, i believe there will be divine retribution...

At best, you get rantings from the host regarding the classification of your posting.

At worse, you get fanatical atheists that would hound onto you giving you persistent lectures regarding divinity, thus fulfilling the host's prophecy..

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
So 50 % of the problems are solved, agree?

heheh...
understand where you're coming from now :smile::smile::smile:
acknowledgement of their own mistakes != having the solution to solve the mess they created :p:p:p
yes, agree fully that an acknowledgement of their mistakes is a good step.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
oh dear, me is confused... other than acknowledging their flaws, don't see how the act of them on their knees could solve problems, bro :(:(:(

How about doing it to show extreme sincerity?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1.The Old PAP was revered and honoured by Singaporeans. The New PAP faces severe criticisms and gets scoldings from Singaporeans.
2. Singapore is socially divided badly.
3. Many PAP's policies are doing badly.
4. PAP Ministers are overwhelmed and lost in running their Ministeries.
5. Many PAP MPs are scorned upon by Singaporeans.
6. Some PAP MPs are verbally attacked and some are physically attacked.
7. Some MPs suffer bad health, some die in Office.
8. There is no real party unity within the PAP.
9. The PAP is not able to attract true talents. It has to rely on its running dogs, the NTUC, the SAF and the Civil Service to recruit its candidates.

Many things are not going right for the PAP. It is beyond human understanding. Is the PAP facing divine wrath and punishment? Could the wrath be due to the following:

1. Killing of thousands of unborn babies through legalised abortions?
2. Scheming and lying to pay themselves obscene salaries?
3. Legalised stealing from the poor to enrich themselves?
4. Always manipulating the media and telling half truths?
5. Neglect of the poor, the aged, the sick and fatherless children?
6. Trying to replace true blue Singaporeans with foreigners?
7. Exploiting and causing much miseries to poor foreign workers?

The pap has to do some soul searching and repent if the pap is indeed facing divine wrath. Otherwise, life for the pap ministers can continue to be very tough and bad things will continue.

Will the pap ministers go on their knees and repent? Singapore may get some reprieve then

Those who believe in the "Doctrine of Karma" will know that you reap what you sow.

True, the old leadership was good.

LKY wa a good PM from the beginning. Upright and fair.

Eddie Barker was a gentleman. A man loved by everyone.

Jek Yuen Tong, Sia Ka Hui and the late Wong Lin-Ken were true unsung heroes.

These people fought for Singaporeans and we supported them all along.

Then came the days when excessive power made LKY crazy. He wanted everything for himself.

He conveniently forgot to say, "we did it" and instead kept saying, "I did it".

Stupid key organisations were abused because their officers were given speedy promotions and ambassadorial positions after "serving the master" at the expense of the citizenry. These top ranking officers worked for themselves and NEVER for the benefit of those below them, especially the juniors..

Such a scourge went on and became a fatal disease. It still is today.

People have lost trust in organisations that are supposed to care for them.

But, the days of such behaviour are short.

People aren't stupid or nincompoops any more. They know the power of the ballot-box.

Even Burma realised it, albeit too late.

Supreme power and being surrounded by a coterie of "liars" caused LKY to become "blind and deaf" to the pleas, suffering and cries of the very masses that brought him to that pedestal and corridors of power.

Grassroots leaders have all along painted a wrong picture about the "actual situation" on the ground. They are only interested in PBMs and business opportunities.

When the party that gave them (grassroots leaders) the opportunities is swept away from power, these same people will be molly-coddling the new party in power. In Malay this is called, "Cari Makan".

The PAP learnt nothing, despite the loss of Anson, Potong Pasir, Hougang and finally Aljunied GRC. What is next??

When Anson was taken, LKY told the late MKA Jabbar, "jangan takut" and proudly shouted "Merdeka, Merdeka, Merdeka" at the Singapore Conference Hall.

What a haughty statement!!. Takut Siapa, many Singaporeans were asking!!

During the final reign of LKY, cronyism and nepotism slowly started seeping into the system.

Married sons, daughters-in-law, father-inlaws, mother-in-laws, nephews, neices and granchildfren started to ask for a chance to become rich by being offered high positions.

The "old man" was not in any position to say "NO" and slowly but surely gave in as he May be BEHOLDEN to them. Old age has problems too.

This is exactly what "Mighty Suharto" went through that finally led to his fall from grace and the affairs of his children, nephews, neices and cronies being exposed.

Marcos and his children and cronies went through the same "baptism of fire in hell".

The latest victim is the Egyptian dictator Hosni Mubaruk. A General to a multi-billionaire.

Estrada went to Prison and is now fighting for Mayorship.

Gloria is waiting at the Gates of prison for her "number" to be sounded.

Bo Xi-lai is down, Gadafi has gone down in history.

Saddam, Idi Amin and Emperor Bokasa (Central African Republic) are all consigned to the dust-bins.

Hitler died a horrible death in the bunker.

King Faisal of Saudi Arabia was murdered by his own nephew.

Louis and Marie were guillotined.

If LKY can still command that authority, he would be wise to tell his son, LHL to tell his "sikit-atas" millionaire MPs and minister to either shape up or SHIP-OUT

There is still time to regain the glory of LKY.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if the pap uses evil schemes and deceives the electorate, i believe there will be divine retribution.

many people do evil crimes and thought they can get away with it because the law was deceived or manipulated. But will they truly get away?

you are not superstitious ? by using the word divine retribution , you are already supersitious :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cannot curse your enemies you must love them.

Everybody are God's children and deserved the same entitlements of Grace fom Him.

Dvinity without love is meaningless!

love your enemies ? if someone murder your whole family , would you still love him ? :wink:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
showing extreme sincerity != having the solution to solve the mess they created :(:(:(

As far as I know, the Japanese and Koreans do it - kneeling on the floor to ask for forgiveness. Not sure about the Taiwanese or the Thais though. Our Singapore leaders being from the same stock, I don't see why this is not conceivable.

Showing extreme sincerity = I am sincerely sorry and I deserve all the criticism leveled at me because I did not do a good job. Whether this will lead to finding the solution is too early to say but at least it shows a recognition of the problem. When there is recognition of the problem, half the problem is solved. If there is no such recognition, the problem can never be solved.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Whether this will lead to finding the solution is too early to say but at least it shows a recognition of the problem

bro,
see post 24 :o:o:o
acknowledgment is one thing, having solution is another. yes, me do not discount the fact that an acknowledgment of a mistake is a positive step to correct it. then, that positive step didn't translate to problem solved, further corrective actions had to be taken to remediate the issue :(:(:(

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
bro,
see post 24 :o:o:o
acknowledgment is one thing, having solution is another. yes, me do not discount the fact that an acknowledgment of a mistake is a positive step to correct it. then, that positive step didn't translate to problem solved, further corrective actions had to be taken to remediate the issue :(:(:(

The direction of action is important. I believe that all problems can be solved if you go about solving them. But when you don't believe in the problems, you will only be applying band aids to make you look better. Yes I read your post 24. Therefore we are in congruence.