• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP candidate wants all ge deserve and grab all opportunity

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two years ago, during an interview with the ST (‘To be a CEO, read martial arts novels’, 13 May 2012), Mr Chong told the reporter that he was still feeling upset about not getting a prize for scoring the highest marks in mathematics when he was in Primary 5.

Then, at the now defunct Kim Keat Primary School, he scored the highest marks for mathematics and Chinese among his Primary 5 cohorts. But his teacher told him he had won one prize too many and gave the maths award to another pupil who had finished half a mark behind.
“I didn’t argue with the teacher but I was very upset,” recalled Mr Chong. “The fact that I still remember it with such clarity shows that I am still disturbed by it.”

The episode went against the ideals of fair play and meritocracy, he said. Mr Chong is a strong believer in meritocracy. He told the reporter that if you work hard, have the desire to do well and grab opportunities given to you, you will do well. That, he said, is the beauty of meritocracy.</p>

Above Article describes an interview he had with Straits Times.
Interview with Chong Kee Hong

He didn't want someone else to get a prize because of a half mark difference although he had already grab one prize for himself.

I don't want to disparage what he says and the value system he represents. You should read the Interview yourself and make your own assessment of this new potential PAP candidate, the CEO of a property company.

On my part I would like to tell a story related to me by my secondary school senior who made it all the way to NTU and graduated with a degree. He was from a poor family like myself but the story illustrate another set of values to think of the kind of Singapore we want.

My senior from my neighborhood secondary school was one of the few who made it to university. However, he was a late bloomer and started to do quite well in NTU. He went through 1st to 3rd yr without a glitch. However, things went wrong in the fourth yr. His mother had cancer and his family was in financial difficulties.

In NTU, for the 4th year students have to do a project and their degree hinges on the project grade. My senior was partnered with a brilliant but eccentric student who was a programming whiz for the project. In his 4th year, due to family problems he could barely cope with the course work let alone the project. He had difficulty delivering his sections of the project and his partner did everything and got the whole thing working...and most of the project report.

When it came to show the project to the supervisor who was a professor, the partner told my senior to rehearse one day before the demo to teach him what to say.

On the day of the demo, the partner made sure my senior demonstrate half the system and he demostrate the other half. After that the professor asked "who did what in the project". The partner explained that they all had equal share of effort in project.

My senior thanked the partner and asked why he helped him so much - he could have gotten a better grade for himself and got a first class honors. The partner said that second upper is good enough to get almost any job and and besides my senior needed help at that time and he was more than happy he could help.

A few years later, my senior was working in an engineering firm and promoted to manager position. They had a class gathering during which he met his old project partner. His old project partner had spent a few years on a promising startup that had failed and was out of the job. Knowing how good he was, my senior recommended him to join his company ...and today both worth in the same company but different dept.

A society gets the best results when people go out of the way to help others not grab every opportunity to advance themselves over half a mark difference in the name of meritocracy. Today Singapore has the most unequal society among developed countries. Yet the PAP continues to recruit the same kind of people with the same mindset for its next generation leaders. (

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's amazing what a little anecdote can reveal.

Prediction: this guy is a sore loser, a penny pincher, a grudge bearer and just an unpleasant 'elite uncaring face' person.

God help the constituency where he enters via the backdoor. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am also quite amazed at the PAP. With the resources it has, and an obedient control press under its command, do they not know how to properly vet interviews and groom candidates' personal image? We all have seen how they fucked up royally with Koh Poh Koon.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Prediction: this guy is a sore loser, a penny pincher, a grudge bearer and just an unpleasant 'elite uncaring face' person.

what you expect from a 客家人?:rolleyes:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

God help us if he becomes anything higher than an MP. He is an insufferable prick. I can see him withholding food from starving peasants on the argument that if he can overcome poverty so can they. Nasty stuff.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also quite amazed at the PAP. With the resources it has, and an obedient control press under its command, do they not know how to properly vet interviews and groom candidates' personal image? We all have seen how they fucked up royally with Koh Poh Koon.

Thank god they haven't learnt that. for now we get to see the real person.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This guy has all the values that I admire. I hope he gets elected and rises to the top quickly. His drive and determination will take Singapore to new heights.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy has all the values that I admire. I hope he gets elected and rises to the top quickly. His drive and determination will take Singapore to new heights.

A rising tide lifts all boats.
You standards are really low to admire such mediocrity.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The fact that he still harps on the 1/2 point since P5 means this idiot will remember every fuck negative things dished to him.

He's another doggie gay loong is bringing into the pound. All have their eye set on fixing the alternate parties instead of moving this country forward.

Why on God's green earth will we want such leach in the garmen??

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the same kind of bastard who will question why we need to give parking lots to disabled. Why we need to donate to charity.

This is the type of clown who joins politics?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Totally in line with the party's hard line winner takes all philosophy and I hope they recruit more of these hardball types.

Of course this Chong chap conveniently forgot to mention if fair play means restricting political freedom/political opponents/trade unions and giving advantage to foreigners .

Last edited:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He will be taken to new heights.
ALL PAP WILL BE TAKEN TO NEW HEIGHTS

HANG THEM ALL HIGH HIGH WITH PIANO WIRES FROM LAMP POSTS THAT THEY ALL CAN DANCE BETTER

THEIR COLLABORATORS CAN BE HUNG LOWER

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why PAPPIES running doggies like to talk 3-4 decades unproven and unprovable fairy tales har?

Me also can say me almost get 4 A star for my PSLE what! But I pity my classmates so I give chance to them lor and get C and D.

Sinkees really believe arh?