• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opposition parties mutiny against Chiam See Tong

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Then why did Chiam say he will remain SDA member even if SPP pulled out? I believe SDA has an "MP remains member of SDA at all costs" clause like the SPP or to a lesser extent the NSP. Do they have the same for officer bearers?

Technically speaking, it is illogical to have such a clause because membership of SDA could only be in the form of parties, not individuals.

If it is a party with individuals as members, it is also illogical to have such a clause because it would mean the lost of control of members who become MPs... i.e. there will basically be no party discipline to speak of.

A political party may have an additional clause that balance the equation. i.e. the party could only sack an MP by holding an Extra-ordinary Congree Meeting/Conference to censure party MPs who have gone astray and sack them during that sitting. This is different from empowering the CEC or the key leaders like Chairman/President or SG holding the power of sacking party MPs. NSP has amended its constitutions to add this additional clause so that valuable assets like MPs would not be subjected to sacking by any individuals or just CEC only. Only a proper Congress meeting with proper attendence could do that.

This also means that MPs are still subjected to disciplinary actions by the Party if necessary.

Goh Meng Seng

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically speaking, it is illogical to have such a clause because membership of SDA could only be in the form of parties, not individuals.

In SPP, an MP cannot be sacked. I'm sure Chiam would have done the same in the SDA constitution given his experience in SDP and would have made some exception to the "no individual members" rule.