• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opposition Parties Merging - W

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the possible NSP-SDP merger is a very good move. I think all the opposition should start looking at merging or face elimination. WP should consolidate their power and totally ignore the smaller parties in the next election. Seat down with the remaining big boys, NSP and SDP(SPP without Chiam wouldn't last long and should consider merging with one of the 3). If those idiots from SF, SDA or RP dares to come and challenge them, let them lose their deposit like what that idiot Desmond did this time round. Again the reason why I support 3 corner fights, smaller parties must know it's place.

At the end of the day, the opposition need to start either forming a bigger party or eliminating the smaller ones. We don't need more then 2 or maximum 3 parties in SG. Having more then that will just divide the talent from an already tiny pool

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Low Thia Kiang or someone within his group.

you mean Zhuge Show Mao?

Chen%20Show%20Mao.jpg

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Opposition Parties Merging - NSP in demand

So if it is Gerald, then Eric will take Lina's seat. Or even Glenda.

After what GMS said about LTK, I can't imagine LTK giving way to NSP.l

Thats not how politics work.

Before SPP even passes on the seat, CST will need to strike the deal with LTK first for it to work

As the opposition alpha, WP can, and will be, moving on with its plans without too much thought about other opposition parties. Rightly so, WP's focus is on WP and not the welfare of other opposition parties

However, if CST strikes a deal with LTK, LTK will stick to the deal. CST has earned enough credibility and the last thing LTK wants to do is to earn a reputation amongst opposition voters as the guy who breaks faith.

Interestingly, if Marine Parade also passes, then the NCMP seat falls into Bishan Toa Payoh and in that scenario, Benjamin Pwee may be the favourite for the seat

Last edited:

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel that those who are deserving of the NCMP seats: SPP and the two WPs, should just take it.

Forget about political engineering - it does not and will not work. They are what they are today because they have different ideas. An alliance in form but not in spirit is vulnerable to attacks. It is also conducive to shadow plays. Thus if they are not up to the mark, then let them go.

This election shows that there are plenty of talent. Next election, more will come forth.

It has worked for the PAP for 52 years

Political deals are part and parcel of the game, I do not know of a single democracy where this does not happen

The issue is always about what you are doing it for

I believe in this instance, SPP passing on the NCMP seat in favour of NSP could be doing it for the right reasons

Last edited:

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to mention it will split the vote in the new singapore democracy.

do we want 3 or 4 cornered fights to be routine in singapore where the PAP can win 40% of the vote and still sweep all seats because WP and SDP and NSP contest in every single ward?

I think the possible NSP-SDP merger is a very good move. I think all the opposition should start looking at merging or face elimination. WP should consolidate their power and totally ignore the smaller parties in the next election. Seat down with the remaining big boys, NSP and SDP(SPP without Chiam wouldn't last long and should consider merging with one of the 3). If those idiots from SF, SDA or RP dares to come and challenge them, let them lose their deposit like what that idiot Desmond did this time round. Again the reason why I support 3 corner fights, smaller parties must know it's place.

At the end of the day, the opposition need to start either forming a bigger party or eliminating the smaller ones. We don't need more then 2 or maximum 3 parties in SG. Having more then that will just divide the talent from an already tiny pool