• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

open net

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi all,

any bros here can please help me understand how to organise this. Doing some renovations soon and might as well get this done.

Thanx.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

any bros here can please help me understand how to organise this. Doing some renovations soon and might as well get this done.

Thanx.

In the news in case you did not read some time I think between GE & PE, they admitted that they are behind schedule and facing complains, under public pressure to speed up their islandwide implementation.:*:

Their contractors will start one bit of installation here and abandon, and started another one else where and abandon again. Lots of problems. Even a passing observer can see a lot of problems. I may one day pull out camera to film and expose these 1ST WORLD TELCOs and post Youtube.:wink:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
For home / SOHO never rely on that attractive sweet idea of wifi.

Cables are very good and cheap, only labour a bit costly. Pull CAT 5e wires to every room (@2pair [1 spare]).

Do so when you renovate or do electrical / telco wires. Any DSL/CATV/Fiber from outside enters home to a common router point where there is power outlet. Then from there pull CAT 5e wire to every Desk / Rm 2 pairs each.

That's it.

Wifi are NG & unsafe. Any transactions can be captured and recorded and decoded into clear info by EVERYONE, 100%. Including security passwords & emails. Wifi means no privacy, regardless which encryption key method.

Software Tools (Wire Shark Back Track etc) can listen to everything on the air, with victims totally unaware, and record down each and every encrypted packages of data into a file, and filter out to narrow to interesting target, and run a key crack over the data, and 100% of the data will become readable very soon. Even children knows how to do it.

hundreds of these how-to videos are on youtube and children are all watching. I did not watch any of these, but just random picked to show you some examples:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3P8l-PsvYak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2kFpAwDzBAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zor7celUF7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i3tympf6n2w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mwF79vfBhmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi all,

Thanx.

your are already covered?..if the tp is already installed, you may need to pay if you are relocating the FTP

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
your are already covered?..if the tp is already installed, you may need to pay if you are relocating the FTP

No need to waste time and money to move here & there. They will work still even if covered behind furniture or curtain - if you changed yr room layout. As long as router have a bit of ventilation, no over-heat.

If you are doing renovation before the fibre covers your home. Just plan the location properly and plan the cable casings laying from outside to your location. Lay the casing leaving space for fibre. Lay the rest of CAT 5e wires. That's it.Usually the fibre can enter home via the same holes on the wall just like your SCV cable, telephone wires & even the electrical feeders.

When Open Net came and install just show them that your location and fibre casings are prepared. Their jobs are done as long as you signed their job sheets. The some times take a photo of their box.

Ass Loong spent state funds to do this late, we are behind other countries. The implementation progress is slow. Still they try to falsely impress people that red dot was very efficient. My foot!
:mad:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got open net installed many moons ago but SP like starhub, M1, etc wants an arm n a leg for connection... wat the heck! I oredi got MIO,,,,,,,,

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi bros,

thank you for your replies. It has made things a little clearer .

So uncleyap ..... what i do is get the open net people to run their cables to the nearest tv point in the living room and then their job is done . Is that correct?

The rest of the wires for the open net purposes can be run along together with the other wires / cables eg starhub and electrical wires to the other rooms?

And u recommened specific cables.

Otherwise if i dont want to run cables , can this be done WI-FI ?

Thanks.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
the first example is a joke. use dictionary style attack and can crack a passphrase of evilmonkey888.. hahaha.