• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Only half think S'pore a good place for kids

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Consultant clinical psychologist Danny Ng, 47, said he was cautious about such surveys as they are convenient avenues for people to express their unhappiness.<<<

What would the 154th say if 66.6% said yes? That the Familee education system received a strong mandate. This is one CB fascist Leegime that only accepts accolades and rejects ALL criticism, which itself is proof of a fcuked up education system.

GoldenBellShield

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want my kid to grow up with his own opinion. It doesn't matter what he does as long as he love it. I want my kid speak up, not just for himself, but for others. I want my kid to question his teacher if he believed he is right. I want my kid to grow up as an independent adult. I want him to disagree when he thinks he is right and admit and apologize when he is wrong. I want him to learn that it is possible to agree to disagree. I want him to respect the opinions of others and never judge those with a contrarian view.

Can someone recommend me a school in Singapore that teaches these?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I want my kid to grow up with his own opinion. It doesn't matter what he does as long as he love it. I want my kid speak up, not just for himself, but for others. I want my kid to question his teacher if he believed he is right. I want my kid to grow up as an independent adult. I want him to disagree when he thinks he is right and admit and apologize when he is wrong. I want him to learn that it is possible to agree to disagree. I want him to respect the opinions of others and never judge those with a contrarian view.

Can someone recommend me a school in Singapore that teaches these?

Any country that is real first world. And treat its people with respect. You will get a school like that.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Honestly
Every single claim of yours, I can give another reason. But I see no point in me playing ping pong with you or some others. I just state what I think and for me I am a person who choose to move on from such topics rather than harping on such issues, hoping to win in an internet discussion.

The reason I don't reply to what you asked, is if I do, you come back with another reasoning of yours, you shoot, i return, you shoot i return.
I choose selectively to who, what I reply. Letting someone win in an online internet discussion if can bring that 'ecstasy feeling' to them, why not? For me, its not my style to keep regurgitating such issues, showing all my displeasure in the govt or country in the form of all kinds of small issues trying to dish them all out at a time.

There are many things can say.
Example, old woman get robbed in lift (There you see, so much for low singapore crime.) ERP increase 10 cents (There you see, govt want money again.) Cigarettes go up by 50 cents (There you see, nb govt want more tax duties again.) The list is endless...

I prefer to move on. Not because I cannot be bothered. But harping on all these doesn't help.

3rd world 2nd world 1st world all are humans. Indians, Chinese, Malays, English, whoever, Love for everyone. Don't keep thinking of all the "injustice" you have suffered and life will be merrier.

Frankly speaking i dun care. I only reply based on post and not based on nick. You can claimed that how smart you are to know me really well and then continue to justify your own action. But who cares? a post is a post and reply is a reply.

By the way, if you dun want to see certain post, go to user cp and there is an ignore section for you to add in the nicks that you wanna ignore. Make use of such wonderful features in the forum, it will do everyone good.

ccl69

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have 2 children and i think Singapore's education do not produce creative kids. they value end results more than the process of creating value in the whole process..

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
grades r nothing bt just numbers n figures. scoring aces in the exams doesnt guarantee comprehensive knowledge n understanding of syllabus. ask any kid what purpose can algebra serve in their livelihood, they'd shrug their shoulders. ask them the purpose of social studies in their curriculum, they'd say "so i understand wat was sg like in the past".

when asked wat ambitions they have... they reply saying "my papa/mama wants me to be..... "

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
grades r nothing bt just numbers n figures. scoring aces in the exams doesnt guarantee comprehensive knowledge n understanding of syllabus. ask any kid what purpose can algebra serve in their livelihood, they'd shrug their shoulders. ask them the purpose of social studies in their curriculum, they'd say "so i understand wat was sg like in the past".

when asked wat ambitions they have... they reply saying "my papa/mama wants me to be..... "

Yeah. im now studying in local uni; here people got law reports to do; what they do? Pay their friend a law student to do for them for $50. Instant A for their report.

IT project; what they do? Treat their friend who is an IT professional a meal and he does the project for them. Instant A again.

Mini quizzes in lect halls; what they do? Cheat loh. Some modules china teacher closes one (or both) eyes.

Got more jian tactics lah; like during class presentation some classmates purposely shoot you alot of questions so in hope that you will not be able to answer and get marked down. And their questions is like; "If I were from Company XYZ (related to psn topic) why would I hire you?" kind of open ended crap

This is what the sg education system has taught them; Its a dog eat dog world so you score first think later.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
the educational system here only care about the results and do not really care about other developement of a children.
nowaday,a lot of children are loaded with extra studies like piano lessson,dancing class,drawing class and so on.
parents sometimes are forced to follow else their childs will not catch-up in school or will lose out.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
the educational system here only care about the results and do not really care about other developement of a children.
nowaday,a lot of children are loaded with extra studies like piano lessson,dancing class,drawing class and so on.
parents sometimes are forced to follow else their childs will not catch-up in school or will lose out.
its telling our younger generation to be jack of all trades... master of nothing. score good grades, ace the subjects bt end up doing bao-sua bao-hai job, for a miserable pay. if u're nt happy, there's always a FT willing to take your job for lesser.