• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

one-time highflux is now lowflux - may go belowflux

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was told to leave. How to let go WTE when it is still in progress?

Yes, the departure of COO and exit of Saudi business is not an overnight decision. Hyflux even communicated with the Saudis and received some reimbursement. These announcements appeared to be timed after the trading halt to avoid market disruption.

Anyway WTE depends on Japanese tech engineering, not the COO. In this project, Hyflux is just like main (local) contractor.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hyflux is quite unlike other companies. It is dealing with a strategic resource for Singapore. I don't think Hyflux will become bankrupt. There will be a white knight for the company. Can't say the same for the shareholders though.

Yes, it will be running two power plants in singapore and 20-25% of our water supply.

Many retirees vested their money with Hyflux and Hyflux has many suitors.

Your lords did save Olam. If they don't want to save Hyflux, at least, don't stop the Chinese and Japanese from taking over the company and its assets. Our government might stop foreigners from controlling Hyflux because of ownership clauses of Hyflux's electrical and water assets in Sinkapore.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, it will be running two power plants in singapore and 20-25% of our water supply.

Your lords did save Olam. If they don't want to save Hyflux, at least, don't stop the Chinese and Japanese from taking over the company and its assets. Our government might stop foreigners from controlling Hyflux because of ownership clauses of Hyflux's electrical and water assets in Sinkapore.
There may be more than meet the eyes. Olivia can't be that dumb. It will be saved but not the shareholders.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There have been a string of high profile failures by local CEOs... What's wrong with our top dogs these days? Just wondering.

SMRT, hyflux, nol, sph, kepple all in recent times. Creative crashed and burned long ago. Razer not doing too well since IPO. Breadtalk also consolidating.

Is it the economy doing so badly or our CEOs lagging?

Besides the banks, no one else seems to be thriving.

Shows the mettle of sinkee CEOs and it is obvious to all now that they are far from world class. Something is bloody wrong with our system. After 50 years of existence, sinkapore can't even produce a world class company.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A lot more sinkies bought Hyflux perps and bonds in the past 3-4 years, largely because Hyflux was identified as a Temasek-affiliated company and it was still making money, though its profits have been shrinking for years. GE is about 2 years away. If the government allows Hyflux to go under, many of the bond and perp holders may have to take a huge haircut on their bonds. This could affect votes in the GE, and also affect confidence in the local market should other GLCs wanto to sell perps in future.

My guess is that Temasek will intervene somehow, allow Hyflux to sell off tuaspring, redeem the recently delayed perps and calm the markets a bit.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot more sinkies bought Hyflux perps and bonds in the past 3-4 years, largely because Hyflux was identified as a Temasek-affiliated company and it was still making money, though its profits have been shrinking for years. GE is about 2 years away. If the government allows Hyflux to go under, many of the bond and perp holders may have to take a huge haircut on their bonds. This could affect votes in the GE, and also affect confidence in the local market should other GLCs wanto to sell perps in future.

My guess is that Temasek will intervene somehow, allow Hyflux to sell off tuaspring, redeem the recently delayed perps and calm the markets a bit.

They didn bail Noble also

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They didn bail Noble also

Nobel's problems were way too huge to save. Hyflux, excluding its tuaspring problems, is actually profitable. It only made a recent FY loss of $22M. Hyflux's problems is much less severe than Nobel's.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobel's problems were way too huge to save. Hyflux, excluding its tuaspring problems, is actually profitable. It only made a recent FY loss of $22M. Hyflux's problems is much less severe than Nobel's.
I hope you r right

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hyflux has been losing money for the past 4 years. It has managed to stay profitable on the books only because of an accounting treatment which allows them to charge substantial sums of funding costs under the P&L statement as an earnings appropriation. The bankers are not stupid and know full well what's really going on over there.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never ever buy Singapore stocks. Most are shit.

I rather buy US stocks. At least real market w real demand. Not some faking lame ass shit exchange like Singapore, can suka suka just suspend! Luckily i never buy Sinkie stocks!

I have learned my lessons ...can I have my money back from Hyflux?