• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

On Leaving the Singapore Democratic Party

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SDP Supporter Walks Off! Chee Stubbon, Jealous & Egotistical!

See! Opposition parties always self-destruct! They are led by mini-LKYs, except that they are losers and not achievers in life!

John Tan is so happy! How did you celebrate?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

another feeble attempt by PAP ib...Is Dr Chee a huge threat to PAP??? is he??? Why so much attention on Dr Chee??

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wow another thread on the same shit... Why PAP low life see Dr Chee as a huge threat? I thought Dr Chee is a fucking small fly by the PAP?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jeremy's ongoing rantings all over the Internet culminating in his 'resignation' say more about himself than CSJ. He's either a PAP plant or an extremely petty, vindictive and egotistical person. In psychology we call it projection — subconsciously attributing one's own feelings onto another person.

BTW, the invective escalated recently because the SDP shut him out of all public activities when he started pursuing his 'vendetta' against CSJ on social media and instigating fellow Young Democrats to oust him. If this were the WP or the PAP, he'd been expelled right away. SDP tends to give their people too much leeway (giving the lie to Jeremy's claim that CSJ is undemocratic) sometimes, thriving on the principle that a party that espouses democracy must also practise it internally.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why does jeremy sound so much like gms?

Again, wrong. GMS only started bitching about WP long after he'd left the party (and NSP as well). And he never launched into a character assassination against LTK or Sylvia Lim. Jeremy is a hundred times worse.

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another one leaving SDP like Tan Jee Say and Dr Ang. They may make good partners in politics.

Wrong. Unlike Jeremy, TJS and AYG have more integrity. You don't see them bitching about SDP on social media, do you?

Like Tan Jee Say and Dr Ang, they all, including Jeremy, left SDP. There is nothing to suggest all three have the same level of integrity. Tan Jee Say and Dr Ang are older men and thus are wiser and have more experience in life. It is not surprising Tan Jee Say and Dr Ang have more integrity than Jeremy. For Jeremy to complain about SDP publicly, it showed a lack of maturity in him. If not for his position papers or his PHD certs, Jeremy is no better than a young punk. A political party like PAP will not accept Jeremy because if he can bad mouth SDP now, there is nothing to prevent Jeremy to bad mouth PAP when he leave PAP. Now, it depends if Tan Jee Say would take him, or Low Thia Khiang would take him or the other opposition parties would take him. Those parties that accept him do so because they are desperate and need to take a bad mouth Phd person like Jeremy.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like Tan Jee Say and Dr Ang, they all, including Jeremy, left SDP. There is nothing to suggest all three have the same level of integrity. Tan Jee Say and Dr Ang are older men and thus are wiser and have more experience in life. It is not surprising Tan Jee Say and Dr Ang have more integrity than Jeremy. For Jeremy to complain about SDP publicly, it showed a lack of maturity in him. If not for his position papers or his PHD certs, Jeremy is no better than a young punk. A political party like PAP will not accept Jeremy because if he can bad mouth SDP now, there is nothing to prevent Jeremy to bad mouth PAP when he leave PAP. Now, it depends if Tan Jee Say would take him, or Low Thia Khiang would take him or the other opposition parties would take him. Those parties that accept him do so because they are desperate and need to take a bad mouth Phd person like Jeremy.

One of your better posts. Agree with your points. :smile:

Jeremy has burnt his bridges not just with the SDP, but with all parties. No one would want to touch him with a ten-foot pole now.

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal

infernal_affairs.jpg

Many secrets man keeps in his heart

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you want to go. Just go. Don't talk.

"If you want to shoot. Shoot. Don't talk" - quote from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Idiot mole.

Exactly... Her whole action is the freaking mole. So childish.

Isogallardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
BREAKING: Someone left SDP and wrote how bad Chee Soon Juan is!

Straight from the horse's mouth!

So the thing is, CSJ is stubborn, jealous and egotistical. The first is well established, and the latter two are characteristics that a number of people in the party or who have left will attest are true. It makes working with him a pain, but this is arguably okay since people have their flaws. I will add one more which severely peeves me. He is closed minded, refusing to accept the general principle that good policy proposals are based on overarching public objectives, are as rigorous as possible, and should be shown to be implementable (for instance, with a sketch of a roadmap). Certainly, I believe this is tied to his ego, which makes him a poor leader. (I mean, producing policy proposals that meeting those guidelines will only put the party, and by association him, in a good light. Right?)

http://jeremy-chen.org/blog/201501/leaving-singapore-democratic-party

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of your better posts. Agree with your points. :smile:

Jeremy has burnt his bridges not just with the SDP, but with all parties. No one would want to touch him with a ten-foot pole now.

All opposition parties should not take Jeremy, GMS, Frankie Low and chaps like that, even if it means missing out on a few good people. Not that there are no other talents to recruit.

They can form their own parties if they want. Had Kenneth Jeya been without a party, the same applies to him.

If the opposition cannot be united for an electoral pact, they should at least be united on this so that such chaps will think twice about having a messiah syndrome.

I can safely say WP won't take Jeremy and SDP will never allow him to return. You should be glad he's resigned for good.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Letter to the Straits Times Pointing Out Inaccuracing in a Story About My SDP Resignation

I wrote a letter to the Straits Times pointing out inaccuracies in an article put out regarding my resignation from the SDP. It follows:

Dear Editors of the Straits Times,

I refer to your report SDP member quits party over 'irreconciliable differences' (28 Jan 2015) wherein an incorrect picture of my resignation was presented. In my letter I did highlight problems with Secretary General's management style but those were not the main reasons, but rather compounding ones. The first paragraph of my letter of resignation reads:

Having considered this decision for a number of months, I hereby submit my resignation as a member of the Singapore Democratic Party over “irreconcilable differences”. In particular, duplicity, double standards and lying on the part of the party leader Secretary General Chee Soon Juan.

In the letter, I pointed out a lie that Secretary General Chee told to (myself and) a group that organized major party activities (which I was previously a member of) about a supposed Central Executive Committee (CEC) decision. I found out about the lie after a few SDP CEC members informed me of it. I highlighted other integrity issues on the part of Secretary General Chee.

Therefore, as stated clearly in my letter of resignation, integrity issues of the leadership were the chief reason for my resignation.

With regards to the SDP's claims that my social media activity got me sacked. I would like to point out how suspicious the claim is. The SDP's statement, which it submitted to The Real Singapore, contained examples from after the date of the meeting in which I stated Secretary General Chee lied. (http://therealsingapore.com/content...ral-clarifies-why-jeremy-chen-had-leave-party) Accepting that evidence would be tantamount to accepting that the SDP is in possession of technology enabling macro-scale time travel, a physics Nobel worthy feat. (http://jeremy-chen.org/blog/201501/reply-sdps-deceitful-claims-about-my-departure)

The social media activity that was actually flagged was relatively innocuous. I urge the editors to seek confirmation about whether Secretary General Chee spoke to me about those notes and, if reasonable, to obtain specific examples of objectionable content that was flagged to me as objectionable. I am not on a deleting spree and my Facebook feed remains accessible. Feel free to ask for access. (https://www.facebook.com/convexset)

I urge the Straits Times to correct the article before it goes to print due to its misleading content. The relevant links are given below.

My Account: http://jeremy-chen.org/blog/201501/leaving-singapore-democratic-party
SDP's Response: http://therealsingapore.com/content...ral-clarifies-why-jeremy-chen-had-leave-party
My Reply: http://jeremy-chen.org/blog/201501/reply-sdps-deceitful-claims-about-my-departure

I may be contacted at the number below for clarifications.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Reply to the SDP's Deceitful Claims About My Departure
January 28, 2015 at 5:43pm

Writing to The Real Singapore in his capacity as SDP Assistant Secretary General, Christopher Ang, made claims that my departure from the party was due to poor conduct on social media:

http://therealsingapore.com/content...ral-clarifies-why-jeremy-chen-had-leave-party

Those claims are deceitful and a poor attempt to deflect.

Briefly, this is why:

My resignation letter stated that I was offended by SDP Secretary General Chee Soon Juan lying about a CEC decision on 29 Jul 2014, but almost all the examples (the screenshots) were of items after that date. (Yes, Assistant Secretary General Ang is suggesting that macro-scale time travel has been achieved. Olso awaits.)
I had essentially left the party after that date. My communications with the party were typically met with radio silence. (Such as sending them the strategy brief I prepared way before that meeting.)
The statement failed to address the charge of lying, which I would not have known about without some CEC members notifying me.

Assistant Secretary General Ang will continue to have access to my Facebook feed (for a while at least). He is invited to continue looking for "objectionable content" from BEFORE that date. (Chris: If it was not you who authored the piece then assume this is directed at him/her.)

My account of my departure is available here.

http://jeremy-chen.org/blog/201501/leaving-singapore-democratic-party

or, for those who prefer Facebook,

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jere...-singapore-democratic-party/10155075697340034

although the text my resignation letter is only linked to

http://jeremy-chen.org/sites/default/files/files/convexset/2015_01/resignation_sdp.pdf

in the Facebook note.

I will address the two examples which are actually date BEFORE the key date in question later. However, it should be noted that neither of those were ever brought to my attention. On the other hand, this is a sampling of the kind of content that Secretary General Chee had talked to me about:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jere...ad-it-the-hpb-furore-and-us/10153769357570034
https://www.facebook.com/notes/jere...a-new-truth-seeking-process/10154104631030034
https://www.facebook.com/notes/jere...atement-is-a-step-backwards/10154111914980034

Secretary General Chee's reason for flagging a selection of content like the above was votes. His admonition to me to not "upset the party base" (re: the second and third article) was strong and fairly direct evidence of this.

Before touching on the two examples of "objectionable content" from BEFORE the meeting date, I would like to remind any reader that the official statement failed to address the actually significant charge of lying on the part of Secretary General Chee.

Now on to a frivolous matter and a serious matter:

On the first piece of "objectionable content", I accept responsibility in my Plants v.s. Zombies comparison (http://i.imgur.com/BlD5efT.png), I still find it amusing, and unlike most of the rest of the examples, it was posted on 23 Apr 2014 before the fateful meeting (29 Jul 2014). Also, CEC members of the SDP have been known to say substantially more "objectionable" about PAP leaders. When have they every been "called to account"? Much less for something tongue in cheek like that.

On the issue of teaching standards (offending Tweet dated 12 Feb 2014; http://i.imgur.com/oPWzu65.png), this is a little more serious and has broader implications. I have very strong beliefs about maintaining high standards. Without high standards, wages will be depressed for graduating students due to employer uncertainty about the quality of new hires. I was outraged by a third party account of an SMU instructor who was reported to have said that good teaching evaluations could be had through easy mid-terms. I do not know the identity of that instructor or what course he/she taught, but I had no reason to disbelieve the account. Let us not be so naive to believe that no educators game evaluation systems. We need mechanisms that incentivize good behaviour, especially when the outcomes are of significant import.

The official SDP response is unfortunate and smells of deceit. There is nothing more to it.

Afternote: It really hurts that I had worked hard and earnestly for an agenda (policy work => well-being of Singaporeans) and a party which I thought was a good one, only to have my integrity questioned on leaving because of real problems with the party leadership. Admittedly, it was a decision made in anger and indignation (even after a few weeks). The most appropriate reply to those "mole" charges: #notamole #otherwisewheresmymolemoney #ompm #srslywhereismymolemoney #complainmom

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

John Tan is so happy! How did you celebrate?

I had a buffet dinner today, followed by two rounds of great sex with the wife! Feeling so satisfied now. And we shared a cigar after the romp.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jeremy is the real Judas, not Heng Swee Keat. A guy who's pathologically jealous and who doesn't hesitate to badmouth just about everybody and every party in the opposition camp only deserves to join one party: the PAP. Oops, forgot that he's a plant already ...

SDP ASSISTANT SECRETARY-GENERAL CLARIFIES WHY JEREMY CHEN HAD TO LEAVE THE PARTY

Post date:
28 Jan 2015 - 4:23pm

Jeremy Chen's FB posts reason for SDP action

We have, in the past, received numerous complaints with screenshots from our members and netizens regarding Jeremy Chen's Facebook posts. Some of these include Jeremy:

• calling Roy Ngerng “deceitful”, saying that the funds that he raised were “ill-gotten”, mentioning ISIS murderers' and rapists' justifications with Roy's matter, and comparing him to Yang Yin,
  • writing that Vincent Wijeysinghe should “stop pretending to be hurt for personal publicity”,
  • making uncalled for remarks against other opposition parties such as saying that the NSP lacked principles, questioning the general character of SingFirst, and calling out WP's Sylvia Lim's argument as being “very silly”,
  • likening PAP's Heng Swee Keat to Judas Iscariot
  • putting up a tasteless caption of a photo of Lee Kuan Yew
  • saying that, “some religious people are stupid”
  • casting aspersions on SMU's teaching system
  • saying that one “...can rob, rape, murder...just say that you are against the PAP and anything also can. No need to take responsibility.”

Dr Chee Soon Juan and other members had repeatedly cautioned Jeremy from making such offensive posts but to no avail.The party then conveyed to Jeremy that if he continued with such Facebook posts, he cannot play a prominent role in the party. This is the only point of contention the party has with him. SDP members and activists are expected to conduct themselves with decorum, whether online or off.Jeremy tended his resignation as a member of the SDP on 27 January 2015.

Christopher Ang

Assistant Secretary-General
Singapore Democratic Party

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
10497421_790268167695860_5937067425002713490_o.jpg

不满徐顺全“表里不一” 陈伟荣退出民主党 - 参与制定新加坡民主党多项重要替代政策的民主党党员陈伟荣,以出现“无法化解的分歧”,以及因民主党秘书长徐顺全博士“表里不一、双重标准及谎言”为由,前天宣布正式退党。

民主党: 陈伟荣

多次发表“无礼”帖文

民主党随后在网上回应说,该党曾多次警告陈伟荣(32岁,新加坡国立大学商学院决策科学系博士生),若他继续在社交媒体上发表“无礼”帖文,他将无法继续在党内扮演“重要角色”。

陈伟荣前天在个人网站上宣布退出民主党,他昨晚接受本报访问时说,徐顺全的“诚信问题”最让他无法接受,也是他退党的主要原因之一。

陈伟荣说,民主党去年7月把他的名字从党组织部门及竞选策略会议的电邮名单中去除,这意味他无法参与党的重要讨论。徐顺全当时声称这是中央执行委员会的决定。不过,之后有至少三名中委告诉陈伟荣,中委会并没有做出这样的决定。

他说:“很明显,徐顺全撒谎,这让我非常气愤。他的诚信出问题。既然民主党做出了这个决定,我也从去年8月起就停止参与党活动。”

民主党助理秘书长洪小平针对陈伟荣的指责,在时政网站“真实新加坡”(The Real Singapore)回应说,陈伟荣曾多次在面簿上批评或嘲讽博客鄞义林、工人党主席林瑞莲、教育部长王瑞杰和建国总理李光耀,尽管该党多次劝阻他发表这类“无礼”帖文,但他始终没有听取劝告。

陈伟荣说,洪小平提出的例子都是他在去年7月后才发表的帖文,不可能是他从电邮名单中除名的理由。他也指出,洪小平并没有回应他对徐顺全撒谎的指责。

陈伟荣在民主党的三年里,曾协助制定该党多个重要替代政策,包括住屋、外籍劳工及人口政策,被视为是一个有潜质的年轻党员。他表示,下来几年将把精神放在博士论文和家庭上,估计不会再参与政治活动。不过,他将继续在个人网站上发表对政策和时事的意见。

自上届大选后,民主党陆续流失一些有公共知名度的党员,包括总统大选参选人、创立国人为先党的陈如斯和洪永元医生。前财政文森·维基新雅博士(Vincent Wijeysingha)也在2013年8月退党