• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Olympics: FT win their first medal for Singapore, good news for pap

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
that part i agree with you. Fortunately not all chinese however there are still many chinese like that and those are the chinese dogs and they can be found in this forum too always sucking up to non chinese.

daily_picdump_1019_640_33.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PRC (motherland) Ping Pong Gold Medals : xx , PRC ( province of SINgapore) Bronze medal : 1 , the medal tally board should display like this!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can post some photos of the cute Jap gal ? Missed the game last night.

Saw her in action against Wang. Very surprised (and sad) she lost, and in striaght sets too.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Local peasants, the chinks (mostly Cantos) are indeed baboons. All 'cry father, cry mother' when their well paid secured a bronze medal using foreign talent but nobody dared to call the Germans mercenaries when they field ex-PRCs....

The Chinks are renowned for the ruthlessness against their own kind, small wonder the Manchurians and Japs scored simple victories against them during the last century.

Thats for the German people to decide and not us. If they are fine with paying the hard earned tax $$ for medal, then so be it.

Sporeans on the other hand are not.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Congratulations!!! Feng Tianwei!!! You did Singapore Proud!!!! Majulah Singapura!!!! We all love you Singapore Darling!!!

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
And Singapore/Singaporeans ought to feel proud to fork out money to reward this sort of mercernary-sportsmen?? How much are we paying to for this Bronze medal and how does this win contribute to honing Singapore-born local sporting talents?

if u r a sportsperson, you will know that one way to up ur game is to play with superior opponents. FTW can also contribute if she remain in sg as coach (we don't have olympic medal caliber coaches), but whether she stays or not depends on how singaporeans treat her.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u r a sportsperson, you will know that one way to up ur game is to play with superior opponents. FTW can also contribute if she remain in sg as coach (we don't have olympic medal caliber coaches), but whether she stays or not depends on how singaporeans treat her.

I don't think that's how things are organised in Spore. It's all about winning medals and not improving local players. If things were set up to improve local players they wouldn't need these imports:rolleyes:

I heard that in order to get any monetary assistance in Spore you have to be a full time sportsman. That means that one has to give up school. How many Sporeans can afford to risk a career for sports:confused:

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

its just ping pong!
no need to be so serious about it!

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other country pay only $25,000..

Why are we overpaying for most of the things here....like the Brompton Bike..?

Should"nt we make a comparison and benchmark with other country..????

The ministers here given a free hand to dip into our reserves..????

Where is the check and balance....???

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Hsien Long

Congrats to Tianwei for a resounding 4-0 win over Ishikawa of Japan. Singapore’s first individual Olympic medal in 52 years! We are all proud of you.

And well done Team Singapore! If I can just mention a few of our athletes - Lim Heem Wei (our first gymnast to gain direct entry into the Games), Helena Wong (our first woman Olympic weightlifter), Tao Li (who set a new national record for the 100m backstroke). Keep flying the Singapore flag high. To those who are still competing, we are behind you all the way. – LHL

http://www.facebook.com/leehsienloong

Last edited:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Hsien Long

Congrats to Tianwei for a resounding 4-0 win over Ishikawa of Japan. Singapore’s first individual Olympic medal in 52 years! We are all proud of you.

And well done Team Singapore! If I can just mention a few of our athletes - Lim Heem Wei (our first gymnast to gain direct entry into the Games), Helena Wong (our first woman Olympic weightlifter), Tao Li (who set a new national record for the 100m backstroke). Keep flying the Singapore flag high. To those who are still competing, we are behind you all the way. ]

i am very the proud too.
at the same time i am also proud to see old folks collecting cardboard , tin cans for a living.
i am proud that there are workers here earning millions of $ , at the same time getting millions of $ pension.
i am very proud indeed.
well done.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a proper award, will the million dollar ministers pay her using their own salary? Afterwall, they hired her