• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NTUC Fairprice Damn expensive

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
all depends on location.
those at business district and central areads surely more expensive.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The details escaped me but years ago, NTUC compalined and got Tiger Breweries to stop Carrefour from selling their beer below the recommended selling price. Then not long after the same thing happened with cooking oil, I beieve it was.

So much for their mission statement - <To provide customers with the best value, quality products and excellent service, be a preferred employer, to moderate the cost of living in Singapore, and serve the needs of our members, the labour movement and the community.>

Anyone can dig out the dirt?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time to remove the term FairPrice behind NTUC. They are now Finest, so no need to be cheapest but best be betterest.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
finest to charge even more?:eek:

but everywhr we go, NTUC will be the crowdest wif the 66%.
dey trust the govt.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am still pissed off... I mean, if you are gonna sell things expensive, by all means go ahead... BUT, DO NOT mislead others into thinking that you are selling things cheaply and doing good for the community... That is not ethical... There are a few things i am gonna compare and find out the price difference.. Staples such as rice and cooking oil for example..

ntuc is the worst profiteering labour co-op in this country. first they scheme to kill all the neghbourhood grocery biz (market stalls included). after they ve done that prices are mostly raised.

then they would encourage people to buy their inhouse NTUC brand products. they might be cheap but please avoid it. their quality is even cheaper which proves that NTUC is nothng but an avaricious cheapskate!

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fairprice is besterest at copying others' products and market it under their "Housebrand", making a hefty profit... from those frozen pratas, CP prawn dumplings. now they even have fairprice ice cream, chicken nuggest etc etc..

Zero $ on R&D...

jw5

Loyal
Fairprice is besterest at copying others' products and market it under their "Housebrand", making a hefty profit... from those frozen pratas, CP prawn dumplings. now they even have fairprice ice cream, chicken nuggest etc etc..

Zero $ on R&D...
Bro

The housebrand products are manufactured by the same company which sells the same product under their own brand name. The company simply uses its extra or spare capacity to manufacture for NTUC which markets it as their housebrand.
To be fair, the housebrand product is usually cheaper than the company's own brand.
So it's not actually "copying", it's essentially the same product under a different brand name.
But of course you are right that there is zero R&D on NTUC's part, since any R&D will be from the manufacturer.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fairprice does not mean it must be cheaper. In fact, sometimes they cost more at NTUC. So it's good to shop around your neighbourhood and compare, if you have the time to spare. :biggrin: