• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP Press Statement: We Are Singaporeans

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
We Are Singaporeans United As One Irrespective of Politics, Religion or Culture

The party is disappointed to read recent news report on what Minister of Home Affairs Shanmugam’s comments on Thaipusam as well as Minister Mentor Lee’s recent comment on Malay community as the main hindrance to social integration in Singapore. The politics of Division, Distraction to ensure PAP political dominance should have no place in political discourse in Singapore.

We feel that the strict enforcement of law on Thaipusam is totally unwarranted. Singaporeans have evolved as one people in spite of the diversities in race and cultural heritage. We have enhanced our understanding and tolerance to various cultural and religious celebrations as well as practices in almost all aspects of our lives. For almost 4 decades, Singaporeans have no problems in living with all sorts of “noisy” religious-cultural celebrations of all sorts.

If the law is to be strictly applied and enforced to all activities and procession, we would have ended up with Chinese lion-dragon dance without drums and gongs, Malay traditional marriage without gendengs, Thaipusam without drums and cheers, Christmas without chorals played along Orchard roads and Chingay procession without all those “noisy” performances and music played on floats. Rules on festive noise making should be determined by weighing upon inter-racial tolerance, strengthened civil society and through open consultation instead of administrative fiat by the minister concerned.

MM Lee’s comments on race and religion in “Hard Truths” is totally unwarranted and somewhat out of touch with the sensibilities and feelings of a younger and more cosmopolitan generation. In general, our party’s observation is that Singaporeans of all races have no issue with eating on the same table or for that matter halal food served and eaten at different tables even at the same event. Resistance to inter-racial marriages is on the decline even though there are some Singaporeans, just like MM Lee, who would still unable to accept and resistant to their children marrying to spouses of other races. However, such resistance to inter-racial marriages is NOT UNIQUE to Muslims alone just as MM Lee has made known his own resistance to it as well.

On the contrary to the NSP, it seems to us that ruling party is the biggest hindrance to social integration in Singapore. It has constantly reminded Singaporeans of the racial divides wherever possible. It has reminded voters that an Indian cannot be Prime Minister even when the candidate is proven to be the better choice. This is contrary to the system of Meritocracy which PAP has always emphasized on.

PAP has also used the excuse of minority candidates will not win an election against Chinese candidates to push for the GRC system. On the contrary, historical facts have shown that many PAP Malay and Indian candidates have won against Opposition Chinese candidates and the late JB Jeyaratnam has won in Anson against PAP’s Chinese candidate as well.

We believe that most Singaporeans are moderates in every race and religion. We believe that they share our core values as well as frustration at PAP’s aggressive FT policy which caused problems on jobs, housing, transport and healthcare.

We would want to urge the PAP to focus on these problems instead of sidetracking into sensitive racial issues so as to divide, distract and to ensure its political dominance.

Goh Meng Seng
Secretary General
National Solidarity Party

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Strange that all of you interested in what I do in Macao! LOL! But stay focus on the issues at hand for the time being. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Strange that all of you interested in what I do in Macao! LOL! But stay focus on the issues at hand for the time being. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Nothing strange at all. You are a public figure, THE leader of NSP, that's why we are all interested in your activities. Once a public figure, there won't be anything private about you.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing strange at all. You are a public figure, THE leader of NSP, that's why we are all interested in your activities. Once a public figure, there won't be anything private about you.

I agree with GD as a matter of principle and common sense. As a public figure in the very public sphere of politics, you shoudn't expect to live life like a private citizen where no one cares even if you are caught scratching your balls in public or gambling away your life in Macau. Privacy is just an illusion.Just like the amorous Jack Neo pleading with the press to go easy on him, it's so pathetic and laughable.:biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

i wonder whether certain troll and certain half-baked lawyer are already a couple. gohmengseng should learn from them in keeping low.

shits shall fly during this coming GE

mm lee dare speaks his mind even though it attracts misinterpretation and propagating of enimity such as those coming fr the mathatter.

his book is the BEST SELLER while chee's cheaper CHEET is in oblivion.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

so u admit u did something naughty in macau lah :wink: so voters shld not care so much whether u cheat ur wifey or not, but shld vote u to talk cock in parliament and not take care of the estate lah :rolleyes:

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wonder whether certain troll and certain half-baked lawyer are already a couple. gohmengseng should learn from them in keeping low.

i also wonder whether certain jobless bastard son who is dying from diabetes is still beating his elderly father and cursing his mother laucheebye? :rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so u admit u did something naughty in macau lah :wink: so voters shld not care so much whether u cheat ur wifey or not, but shld vote u to talk cock in parliament and not take care of the estate lah :rolleyes:

To All Male Voters in Tampines GRC:

Vote GMS for him to bring Macau to Tampines. No need to fly to Macau, pay for hotel room etc. Discover all the joy of Macau in your freindly neighbourhood. Bedok GRC will be Tampines' Zhuhai. Tampines will be tranformed to a bo beh chau city within a city. Vote GMS! Huat ah!

Balllessme

Alfrescian
Loyal
His outside activities I don't know. But all his activites in my hotel captured by CCTVs.

Bro.... So did that strips of activities been posted in youtube ha? Interesting to know...

Also my personal view... Golden Dragon in Macau need a major face lift in order to compete with MGM, Wynn, Grand Lisbon...etc:p