• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP finds Hougang candidate! (tongue in cheek)

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
When or where did I give you that indication that I am for a coalition government?

As it is now, I can't see how WP is going to cater to the aspiration of the disgrunted lots on the left and many of these are young and idealistic voters. As many have perceived WP is no different to PAP.

You can't please everyone and it up to us individual to moderate our expectations. Can't live with it, the next best thing to do is to spoil your vote but don't ever expect WP to shift towards the far left because that not what they are selling to you. ,

As far as I can see, the one making noises about WP are just a very small minority. Even my friend who help out for SDP in the last GE also wouldn't care if it WP or SDP winning so long as it opposition.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't please everyone and it up to us individual to moderate our expectations. Can't live with it, the next best thing to do is to spoil your vote but don't ever expect WP to shift towards the far left because that not what they are selling to you. ,

As far as I can see, the one making noises about WP are just a very small minority. Even my friend who help out for SDP in the last GE also wouldn't care if it WP or SDP winning so long as it opposition.

I keep sniffing the arrogance of the WP crowd here, if you don't like it spoilt your vote. Let's not go down this road. And I can say those that want change, will vote for opposition, any will do, not just WP supporter in SDP ward, it's vice versa too.

Back to context where only 2 strong political parties remains and the others are figthing to be relevant, as suggested. It will not happens if both are standing on the far right in a maturing society like us.

Didn't WP get's found out in the parliamentary debate on Ministers pay and derived at almost the same conclusion?

That's precisely the problem if these 2 parties have the same ideology. How is WP able to distinguish themselves from PAP? Ultimately WP party's idealogy will constrict themselves from crafting anything dissimilar from the current PAP government. I can only see people will start to realise it, so I don't think we will reach the stage where SDP and NSP becomes irrelevant.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just because you run a website frequented by mostly left wing anarchists doesn't mean that the majority of the Singapore population are left wingers. Just because the WP agree with a fraction of PAP's policy doesn't mean that they are far-right too.

Left wing parties will always have their supporters. They will get some share of the votes, but it is very very hard for them to win the majority, when they actually have to try to convince moderates and centrists to vote for them.

Z

Zombie

We should encourage people to spoil their votes if they dislike both election candidates.
It is only with a sizeable number of spoilt votes that we can know whether a third party is relevant.

Ultimately, there should be another box in the ballot paper for us to choose "None of the above".

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spoiling your vote is the stupid thing to do if there is one candidate you dislike more than the other.

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't think it is a good idea for NSP to field a candidate in Hougang, though there is bad blood between both parties due to WP not giving way to NSP in contesting for certain seats in the last general election
right now, NSP is not strong enough
if NSP can win, well good
if cannot win and worst still, cause a lot of dilution of votes to WP, this will only benefit PAP
days ahead are still long but I still don't feel that NSP should seek a revenge or pick a fight with WP in Hougang so soon at this moment
in the next election, if NSP feels it has good grounds and shouldn't give way, it is fine with me, let the voters decide who is better
I think conflict between WP and other opposition parties is inevitable if WP gets stronger and stronger in the future
NSP should save its 'bullets' for the next general election
now it should build up its strengths, attract as many capable people as it can
if NSP can do this and get as strong as WP 5 years later, this will be good for NSP and for Singapore as a whole, because we will have one more good choice to vote for

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't think it is a good idea for NSP to field a candidate in Hougang, though there is bad blood between both parties due to WP not giving way to NSP in contesting for certain seats in the last general election

Bad blood is not between WP and NSP, but between WP and NSP's ex-SG.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad blood is not between WP and NSP, but between WP and NSP's ex-SG.

Reading through this thread and other threads on similar topic, it's clear that GMS has been caught factually and materially wrong or even dishonest, and his intention to cause WP some damage for whatever vendetta he harbors against WP by inciting NSP to go against WP since he can't do it himself now. Sick man and sad man.

Z

Zombie

Spoiling your vote is the stupid thing to do if there is one candidate you dislike more than the other.

If there are mindsets like "I must be given priority since I was last here" + "no 3-corner fight is allowed", then it is possible for a CMI Party to hog every election after election, if you unintentionally support them with votes because you dislike them lesser.

Example:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1127455/1/.html
GE: We'll be back, says SDA's Desmond Lim
By Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid | Posted: 08 May 2011 0432 hrs

SINGAPORE: Secretary-General of the Singapore Democratic Alliance Desmond Lim said the party will make a comeback to contest Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC in the next election.
He said despite the SDA losing, it did better than the last election. The party garnered some 31 per cent of votes in 2006, but won 35 per cent this time round.

The voters already wasted 5 years and they are expecting to waste another 5 years, for a good fight which may never come.

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there are mindsets like "I must be given priority since I was last here" + "no 3-corner fight is allowed", then it is possible for a CMI Party to hog every election after election, if you unintentionally support them with votes because you dislike them lesser.

Example:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories//view/1127455/1/.html
GE: We'll be back, says SDA's Desmond Lim
By Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid | Posted: 08 May 2011 0432 hrs

The voters already wasted 5 years and they are expecting to waste another 5 years, for a good fight which may never come.

i agree with u that the SDA has became irrelevant over the years, their plans and rallies said it all. Can expect WP or another party stepping into the GRC in 2016. If WP or another party do contest there, SDA will most probably lose six deposits there. The prospects of SDA losing its "turf" and suffering deposit loss is very real. Pasir Ris - Punggol is right beside Aljunied and links Aljunied to East Coast.