• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nowadays, I just like to stay at home...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very few here can afford domestic help. Kiwis don't have the spending power that sinkies have. You have to realise that the NZ government is not as talented as the PAP.

Don't worry with pinoy maids domestic help will soon be highly affordable.soon kiwis will be buying them from shopping malls like they are vacuum cleaners.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Don't worry with pinoy maids domestic help will soon be highly affordable.soon kiwis will be buying them from shopping malls like they are vacuum cleaners.

They will never be highly affordable here because they have to paid the minimum wage by law.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just consulted my lawyer in Colorado and he says employers hiring less than 10 people and grossing less than 290,000 a year is not considered a business and minimum wage law does not apply to them.

They will never be highly affordable here because they have to paid the minimum wage by law.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I just consulted my lawyer in Colorado and he says employers hiring less than 10 people and grossing less than 290,000 a year is not considered a business and minimum wage law does not apply to them.

That is not the case in NZ.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok guys this one I cannot comment cos I don't live here but seriously is it really that bad? When I back I mostly in Tanglin Halt may be there not so jialat.

If you go out during weekdays & during office hours it can be tolerable but avoid going out during the weekends when it seems that everyone is out there. Especially around the popular FT hangouts places e.g. Orchard.

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The best places to avoid crowds during weekends is at exclusive country clubs where only members and their authorized guests are allowed to enter and enjoy the private facilities. The plebs are kept out from such places.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me a little bit worst, i just like to stay at home and sleep with all the reasons you have mentioned. :cool: in actual fact is no diff as being dead.:rolleyes:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best places to avoid crowds during weekends is at exclusive country clubs where only members and their authorized guests are allowed to enter and enjoy the private facilities. The plebs are kept out from such places.

How u know those places aren't infested with Indian nationals and ang mohs?

jw5

Loyal
The crowds at those places are usually the worst types. :biggrin:

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How u know those places aren't infested with Indian nationals and ang mohs?

It's not the skin colour of a person at those places that matter. It is their profession, income level, and social status that determine if those places are pleasant or not.

A white-trash will still be smelly, rude and uncouth even though he/she is a Caucasian. I would stay away from them and to be frank they can't afford membership at exclusive country clubs.

A high income, high social status professional from India would not be smelly even though he is from India. I've met some of them who are Managing Directors of MNCs as they are highly educated, highly qualified, highly intelligent and I can have stimulating conversation with them. They are not the smelly low class type Indians one would find at Little India.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not the skin colour of a person at those places that matter. It is their profession, income level, and social status that determine if those places are pleasant or not.

A white-trash will still be smelly, rude and uncouth even though he/she is a Caucasian. I would stay away from them and to be frank they can't afford membership at exclusive country clubs.

A high income, high social status professional from India would not be smelly even though he is from India. I've met some of them who are Managing Directors of MNCs as they are highly educated, highly qualified, highly intelligent and I can have stimulating conservation with them. They are not the smelly low class type Indians one would find at Little India.

eek you talking about TT Durai !

jw5

Loyal
I prefer simulating conversation to stimulating conservation. :wink:

A high income, high social status professional from India would not be smelly even though he is from India. I've met some of them who are Managing Directors of MNCs as they are highly educated, highly qualified, highly intelligent and I can have stimulating conservation with them. They are not the smelly low class type Indians one would find at Little India.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what about rich ah tiongs?do u think they are rude and uncouth or extremely stimulating?

ahahaha im glad u practise the same elitism as PAP and share the same caste system ideals as the shitskin nationals.....as for me i practise equal discrimination and racism,a cockroach is a cockroach,aint no matter where they come from or what condo they stay or how much money they have.i have about as much interest in interacting with a indian national as a pinoy or tiong.

and i live in the east coast surrounded by many high caste indians and rich white expats and i tell u they aint no different from any arsehole in singapore except their arrogance and disdain for low caste people is unmatchable.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land and open spaces are limited in Singapore. There is nothing anyone can do about it. In this scenario, the privilege goes to those with private club memberships where entrance is limited to members and guests. Unfortunately, this is the case, and the truth, a cold one. I started to notice the crowdedness back in the 90s during traffic rush hour, and its gotten worse now. It will get even worse, and I do not know how bad it will get when the population hits 6.9 million, and there's no bet that it will stop at that. With "growth" the only economic model we know, it will grow even higher higher (the population). I have no solution to this, I only do the best I can given the limitations in me. It is someone else's job to look for solutions and try to implement them. Till then, good luck to everybody.

Cheers!

Everywhere is filled with people and so noisy. It causes stress and frustration just by being outside.......................Where to find peace except at home but then the flat also getting smaller.

Sigh...

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
going out on weekends is for the true middle working class. True Elite class go out on Mondays, they don't have to work.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You so clever, we now finally understand why Sg cannot allow minimum wage law. It is actually for our own good so that everybody can afford a maid. How thoughtful they are. Everything done for our good like increasing gst to help the poor. We should really think carefully before complaining.