• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

North East Asian learning to appreciate malay lifestyle of relac

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come join the malays and learn to relac

Exhausted and without hope, East Asian youth are 'lying flat'​

By Sophie Jeong, CNN Business

Updated 0004 GMT (0804 HKT) August 29, 2021

As a high schooler growing up in a small town in eastern China, Li Xiaoming dreamed of moving to a big city where he could have a better life.
Now 24, Li just wants to take a rest.
Across the country, young people like Li — who requested to be referred to by that pseudonym because he fears career and political repercussions for his views — are getting tired of the fierce competition for college and jobs, and the relentless rat race once they get hired.
They're now embracing a new philosophy they've called "tang ping," or "lying flat."
The phrase apparently traces its origins to a post earlier this year in an online forum run by the Chinese search giant Baidu. The author of that now-deleted post suggested that instead of working one's entire life chasing after an apartment and traditional family values, people should pursue a simple life.
In other words, just "lie flat."
Talk of "lying flat" has spread rapidly through China as young people contend with intense competition for the most attractive jobs, especially in tech and other white collar fields. As the country cracks down on private enterprise, meanwhile, the public has grown wary of what many see as a grueling work culture. Commonplace at many tech firms and startups are demands for people to work nearly double — or more — the number of hours in a typical work week.
Interest in "lying flat" has exploded on social media and attracted the interest of censors, who in some cases have restricted the use of the term. Several state media outlets have also pushed back against the conversation, suggesting that young people should strive to work hard instead.
This type of phenomenon, though, isn't limited to China. Across East Asia, young people say they've become exhausted by the prospect of working hard for seemingly little reward.
In South Korea, young people are giving up on marriage and home ownership. In Japan, they are so pessimistic about the country's future that they are eschewing material possessions.
"Young people are very burnt out," said Lim Woon-taek, a professor of sociology at Keimyung University in South Korea. "They don't know why they have to work so hard."
As more young people grow frustrated with relentless pressure, they say they want to — and in some cases are — giving up conventional rites of passage, such as getting married or having children.
University graduates crowd at a job fair at Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center on October 10, 2020, in Shenzhen, Guangdong province of China.

University graduates crowd at a job fair at Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center on October 10, 2020, in Shenzhen, Guangdong province of China.

Where the young people just want to lie flat​

Li spent every day in high school studying. On his college entrance exam, his score placed him in the top 0.37% among all high school seniors in Shandong province. He's studying for his master's degree at one of the top three law schools in China, and was hoping to get a job at a prestigious international law firm based in Beijing.
But when he applied for graduate jobs and internships in March, he got rejected from more than 20 international law firms in China. Instead, he settled for a trainee position at a domestic law firm.
"The competition between me and other interns was so intense," said Li. "When I see those students who are still trying to go to prestigious international law firms, I feel exhausted and unwilling to contend with them anymore."
The "tang ping" lifestyle has started to resonate with him, he said. Tired of trying to get to the top, Li has decided to "lie flat" by doing the bare minimum at his internship.
"Many people who were better than me were working harder than me, so I felt anxious," he said. "'Tang ping' is ... contending with the status quo, not being ambitious, not working so hard."
Supporters of the phrase have also developed a philosophy that extends beyond the initial Baidu post. In one group on the social platform Douban, someone posted a manifesto describing the characteristics of the "tang ping" lifestyle.
"I will not marry, buy a house or have children, I will not buy a bag or wear a watch," the "lying flat manifesto" read. "I will slack off at work ... I am a blunt sword to boycott consumerism."
That group was eventually banned this spring, after attracting thousands of participants. A hashtag for the term was also censored on Weibo, China's version of Twitter.
The pressures facing young people in China are high. A record 9.09 million students graduated from university or college this year, according to data from China's Ministry of Education.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
They get tempted delivering food and packages to milf or syt wearing reveal8ng outfit, no bra. All they need is a manager or a pimp to guide,

The dense m&ds would appreciate some advances from these hungry cougars.
Open the door with half a boob out, Invite them in, give tips to get their tip in them.
The sign has to be clear, they want their holes filled.

I would suggest getting a Minah trainer to share her "Sister Experience" with these lonely Milfs and how it can be replicated.

544261_2.jpg
1630222539243.jpeg

Last edited:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the end, this kind of experience ends in tragedy as deliveroos were paid in kind instead of cash.thats why you see many getting skinny doing deliveries,

Deliveroo paid them for satisfying the mouth, for this extra mile of filling up the lower hole, they should negotiate the price and if possible, get a retainer package for subsequent jobs.

Some holes are hungrier than others and more often.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deliveroo paid them for satisfying the mouth, for this extra mile of filling up the lower hole, they should negotiate the price and if possible, get a retainer package for subsequent jobs.

Some holes are hungrier than others and more often.
Malays are not very good in negotiating. Look at najib and jho low. Najib only got 10%.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

The ChiCons don't like tiongs practicing m&ds culture​

Chinese millennials are 'lying flat'. Beijing isn't happy about it​

Busy traffic around Li Chuang.
Li Chuang has more free time since quitting his office job. He says it's put him in a more positive mindset.( Foreign Correspondent: Zhao Changtong )
Copy
Two years ago, Li Chuang traded the bustling metropolis of Beijing for the tranquillity of an ancient monastery in central China.
At the age of 32, the daily grind of working as an editor at a high-profile publishing house had taken its toll.
"It wasn't about the pace being fast or slow but rather I felt it was meaningless," Li says.
So he quit his job and made the pilgrimage to Wudang Mountain in Hubei Province, renowned for its practice of Taoism and tai chi.
Play Video. Duration: 53 seconds
Li Chuang climbs the steps to the monastery on Wudang Mountain.(Supplied)
Among snow-capped peaks shrouded in clouds, Li lived with local monks, embracing the Taoist philosophy of living in harmony with nature.
After six months, he returned to the city.
Li didn't go back to an office job.
Today he runs a small convenience store out of his grandparents' vacant home in the hutongs — the narrow alleyways of old Beijing.
It's a working-class neighbourhood like the one he grew up in.
Li Chuang outside hit hutong.
Li Chuang gave up a job in the city to run a small shop in one of Beijing's hutongs.( Foreign Correspondent: Zhao Changtong )
The hutong in Beijing where Li Chuang has his shop
Many hutongs were bulldozed over decades of rampant development.( Foreign Correspondent: Zhao Changtong )
"I wanted to rediscover my roots, so I went back to my starting point in the hutongs," he says.
Li Chuang is among a growing number of young professionals in China rejecting the traditional narrative of success in favour of a minimalist lifestyle.
Instead of working hard, buying a house, getting married and having children, some young Chinese are opting out of the rat race and taking up low-paying jobs — or not working at all.

Lying flat​

This simple act of resistance is commonly known as tangping, or "lying flat".
These days, Li often practices tai chi in the mornings and, when business is quiet in the evenings, he plays his guitar or guqin.
At almost 190cm tall, he appears like a giant in his 15sqm shop, stacked with everything from chips to toilet paper.
Li Chuang plays guitar.
Li Chuang says friends struggle to understand how he can "live with no ambition".( Foreign Correspondent: Zhao Changtong )
He admits he doesn't like labels. Instead, he prefers to describe himself as being "in a state of seeking".
"Maybe [others] need these labels to understand how I can live with no ambition.
The lying flat movement emerged in April after a blog post by factory worker Luo Huazhong entitled, Lying flat is justice.
Burnt out from overworking, the 31-year-old quit and cycled more than 2,000km from Sichuan province to Tibet, working odd jobs along the way.
A cat lying flat.
It's spawned cat memes and tribute songs. The 'tangping' movement has become a social phenomenon in China this year.( Supplied )
"After working for so long, I just felt numb, like a machine," he told The New York Times in an interview. "And so I resigned."
His change of lifestyle became a source of inspiration for others. His post was celebrated as a manifesto against materialism.
Lying flat resonated with students overwhelmed by the pressure to compete with millions of others each year for a place at a top university and then again for well-paid jobs once they graduate.
It spoke to a generation of urban workers disenchanted by the notorious "996" work culture, where staff are expected to work from 9:00am to 9:00pm, six days a week.
YoutubeZhang Xinmin was inspired to write a song about tangping. It's censored in China.
So it was little surprise that some young Chinese started turning their backs on work and consumption as a common goal.

A national threat​

For Chinese officials, it is the exact opposite of what the nation has asked of its people.
The government wants a young generation of patriotic and productive workers.
"For the majority, there's no differentiation of lowliness or nobleness of one's job," said President Xi Jinping, in a video clip that has circulated widely on social media in and outside of China.
"As long as you're needed by society, as long as you're respected and earn a decent pay, that is a good job."
More than anything, China is counting on continuing economic development, particularly as it grapples with an ageing population.
The Communist Party has labelled tangping "a threat to stability".
The state media calls it "shameful" and online discussion of the movement is censored.
Young people pose for a selfie in Beijing.
China's millennials are facing pressure to succeed in a hyper-competitive national culture. ( Reuters: Tingshu Wang )
"We're living in a society that won't allow you to quit ... Maybe in other countries, people are allowed to dream of becoming a barber," Li Chuang ponders.
Li admits most of his friends and family, including his father, don't share his enthusiasm for his new lifestyle.
"There are people telling me, 'You should feel sorry for letting your parents down and wasting the resources of our country ... You got a master's degree with their support but you end up running a corner store?' " he says.
"It's like I should say sorry to the whole country."
Many of them dismiss his work choice as merely an attempt "to escape."
Li Chuang enters the shop through the curtain.
Li Chuang now lives and works in the tiny shop. ( Foreign Correspondent: Zhao Changtong )
"Some people ask me, 'Do you have a job now?' I say, 'Running the store is my job.' They're quite perplexed."
Li's mother, who helps out at the store, is the only one who does support him.
"When he resigned, his father objected," she says.
"He asked me, 'How come you're OK with this?' I said, 'He's my child, I know him. I know my child. Life is long and it's not even close to the end. If he's not happy, quit.'"

A generational shift​

For generations, public servants were guaranteed lifetime employment and a pension under the so-called "iron rice bowl".
Mao Zedong believed it was the duty of a communist state to provide everyone with a job.
The government assigned citizens a job for life with guaranteed wages.
Schooling, housing and healthcare were included, dispensed by a worker’s danwei or "work unit".
But when Deng Xiaoping began, in 1978, to transform China from a centrally planned economy to a more free-market economy, his supporters insisted that the iron rice bowl had to be smashed if China was to modernise.
A poster of China's leaders.
A poster showing Chinese President Xi Jinping and former Chinese leaders Mao Zedong, Deng Xiaoping, Jiang Zemin and Hu Jintao.( Reuters: Martin Pollard )
Successive leaders have continued the overhaul as part of China's modernisation drive.
Instead, today's generation of workers are given employment contracts, tested for competency, and benefits such as free housing and childcare are not linked to one's job.
"For my parents' generation, there weren't many choices," Li says.
"They just went to work and didn't need to think about changing jobs because the salaries were all the same."
He believes their identity was "formed in the context of collectivism."
In contrast, Li says his generation is "more pluralistic because we face more choices and we live in a more fragmented time."
"The opportunities and the challenges we face are probably greater than before."
Therefore, Li surmises, the older generation's way of thinking "will inevitably conflict with ours."
A man behind the window glass.
Li Chuang says he's now focussing on living free of anxiety.( Foreign Correspondent: Zhao Changtong )
It's the great paradox many young Chinese now contend with.
Like their parents, they’re expected to show loyalty to the state, but without the state benefits that their parents once enjoyed.
They face both the pressure to compete in a market economy and the pressure to conform in an authoritarian society.
According to Li, in today's China, happiness is no longer handed out by the government but is meant to be found in material success.
"Everyone is given their quota of 'happiness'," he says.
"If you get your quota, you have 'happiness'. But is this happiness the real happiness for you?"
Watch 'China's Future' on Foreign Correspondent tonight at 8pm on ABC TV and iview.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Play Video. Duration: 53 seconds
Li Chuang climbs the steps to the monastery on Wudang Mountain.(Supplied)
Among snow-capped peaks shrouded in clouds, Li lived with local monks, embracing the Taoist philosophy of living in harmony with nature.
Yes. Deep inside Malays embrace Taoism. Contributing by doing nothing. Wu wei.
If malays do something, the result will be worse.