• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

noordin sacked the whole national team except himself....

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand why must be so obsessed with soccer. Obviously cannot make it, so why not dedicate energy to sports we can make it - like table tennis (Feng is the best lah!), badminton or sailing.

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no Zidane in Sinkieland. I looked at the Young Lions. Very average team. The so called "next Fandi" is vastly overrated. Face it. Sinkieland is not a sporting country. Slovenia managed to qualify for the World Cup despite having a population size two and a half times smaller than that of Sinkieland. The crux of the matter is that you Sinkie sheep have neither artistic talent nor athletic prowess. :rolleyes:

It's the practicality of the society. Slovenia may have qualified for the WC but their younger population is not as literate or educated as their counterparts in Singapore. Besides, for Slovenians, this is one of their way out of poverty. Be a real big superstar and then bank in the millions and rake in the money!

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
sack for fuck? waste time only.

the next time we are required to put in another national team again (i have no idea what or when is the next tournament), you will find that 70% to 80% of the 'new' national team consist of the 'sacked' players. :biggrin:

chinese say : change soup without changing medicine (herbs) :biggrin:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps we don't know all the reasons why he left.
But his non-involvement is certainly a big loss to the association and country. Can't understand why some people don't see that.

Is Ho Peng Kee still involved? He roped in Kim Song. They were school mates at RI and the soccer team. If HPK is out, maybe that's the reason why Kim Song left.

They should try bringing in Leong Kok Fann. He has the passion and brains. Too bad Au-Yeong left S'pore. The N Ganesan and Uncle Choo combination worked well in the 70s. We need people who are passionate about the game. Not chaps who are in only because they are after status etcetc.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We have all seen that politicians don't belong in sports or business. This encourage abuse & a civil service attitude.

It's really sad what has happened in Spore :(

Further to your observation, if politicians cannot handle sports or business whereby there is 'no threat', I worry when our politicians are confronted with life threatening incidents or imminent threats.

To say they are world class and deserve the best salaries in the world is a bloody joke when they can't even handle a sports association. Can they run a country then??? Bloody jokers they are, period.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no rags to riches story for any would be and talented player. After 35 years of age, what else can they look forward to? Given the incentives,show the wannabe players that those who did well for the nation are well rewarded even after retiring from the game. Then they might have the confidence to forsake studies and a career to devote themselves and excel. Those local national sportsmen, like Tan Howe Liang, Fandi, Kelly and Pat Chan, etc., who brought glory to Singapore, were they properly compensated? Did they accumulated enough wealth that will provide for them until they are old? Remember that in your youth, you have all the opportunities to further your career in various fields, such that when you get old, you and your family have a nice nest-egg set aside. What about professional sportsmen in Singapore? Don't they deserve it? Talents are not just brains alone. Why are those executives paid so highly, yet do not bring glory to the country, whereas sportsmen gain nothing devoting their lives to the game?

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...the first 1 to go should be Raddy.
typical papee mentality....authority without accountablity.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Throwing out an entire team because they did not do well is trying to save their own skin. Look in the mirror and tell yourself, am I good enough to achieve the aspirations of the country. If the answer is no, then get the f**k off the job. Singapore can do very well without any football for that matter. If you want to have any chance of success, then the country has to be behind you, not the government or anyone else. When will these bastards ever learn?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sack for fuck? waste time only.

the next time we are required to put in another national team again (i have no idea what or when is the next tournament), you will find that 70% to 80% of the 'new' national team consist of the 'sacked' players. :biggrin:

chinese say : change soup without changing medicine (herbs) :biggrin:

Follow the MIW's style, change or upgrade the bowl, but the soup remain the same, & use cheaper herbs.:biggrin: and tell you that, they give you the best at an AFFORDable price...

What ever happened to the 2010 ??? now it is year 2525 world cup?...maybe

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Follow the MIW's style, change or upgrade the bowl, but the soup remain the same, & use cheaper herbs.:biggrin: and tell you that, they give you the best at an AFFORDable price...

What ever happened to the 2010 ??? now it is year 2525 world cup?...maybe

i think they using recycled herbs to boil the soup :eek:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am surprised they take so long...

the rot is already there - we think we won the Tiger Cup means we are invincible? Nah...

And the disciplinary record of the team is crap = smoking, AWOL and still make it back to the team?

FT policies flop like crazy. Its simply unbelievable that we have to rely a 40+ striker to get the goals.

For me, rebuild a team who is hungry and really want to pull on a shirt for Singapore - nevermind if we are being hammered in the beginning, its part of the rebuilding process.

For those players who have scratched their disciplinary record - they are banned from the team -

many of these players have the mentality that we have beaten Iraq / hold China etc before and therefore we are too good for Philippines etc...

Complacency loh...

And while Nordin is at it - please go revamp the S-League as well.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah what's the point of sacking the whole national team? We have no pool of talent ready to step into the national team. One has to examine the top levels of the hierarchy. Methinks we have all the wrong guys in charge; including coach Raddy. Nothing personal against him but compared to the late Uncle Choo, he is a pussycat. I say yield the big stroke and rotan the naughty players for their many breaches of disciplne.:rolleyes:

As leaders, people like Mr Mayor and coach Raddy must produce results! That's the bottomline.If you cannot, replace yourselves first!:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To say they are world class and deserve the best salaries in the world is a bloody joke when they can't even handle a sports association. Can they run a country then??? Bloody jokers they are, period.

There's not even a yardstick for this world class performance :(

A businessmen's success or failure can be found in metics like in how much $$ they are making, how big the business is, etc. The lousy businessmen goes out of business.:smile:

Alot in the PAP gov't is secret & many suspect it's to hide their failures, make $$ on the side, do things they wouldn't want the public to know about.:rolleyes:

If you let them decide their own salary, you'll of course have abuses. However when these abuses get out of hand without any noticeable benefits, that's when most people get worried.

The GE is a chance for shareholders to get rid of deadwood that's built up over the years. Otherwise Sporeans will end up paying $$$ supporting all these millionaires in white :(

EssaiveE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, the Suzuki Cup was the last straw, The Lions played like pussies against the Vietnamese and just by watching that match I can already tell what the problems were.

Over-reliance on foreigners: Duric is a good striker but at 40, he should not have been the only source of goals for the team. Agu Cashmir blows hot and cold and although Alam Shah was hardworking, he was just shooting blanks. Where was Mustafic? In the midst of some solid crunching tackles, he mostly gave the ball away and lost the plot in midfield to the speedy and fast passing Viets.

And then we have our defence in what could probably be the most useless defender we ever had; Precious. Seriously I've seen Singaporean kids who are much more faster and reliable than that elephant. Baihakki did a great job saving his ass on many occasions but seriously, having Precious in the team only works an advantage if your opponents play wide-football, which is, attack through the flanks and cross in, that way our centerbacks are tall enough to clear the danger but imagine a team that decides to attack through the center through the use of through-balls, you will see Precious reduced to nothing but a headless gorilla.

Complacency: What the fuck is wrong with the Lions? Seriously? Just because they won the Tiger Cup 3 times and almost made it to the Asian Cup doesn't mean we suddenly turned into Germany overnight so whats the deal with them breaking their curfews and smoking? If Uncle Choo was alive he would have skinned them all alive just for existing.

I have no problems against Raddy because I think he did a decent job to increase the standards of the Lions but I think he made a very VERY big mistake playing a 4-3-3 formation against the Viets. You can't play 4-3-3 when you have slow centerbacks and misfiring strikers in the team, I would have prefered a 4-1-3-2 as the Vietnamese defence was pretty suspect, as evident in the number of slip ups they made. But honestly, 4-1-3-2 would have made the match much tighter and faster paced.

Now that all is done and the dust is settled, I think there needs to be an overhaul not just in the team but also in the entire organisation, we need more ex-footballers involved among the higher-ups because only they know what things happening at ground level is like. I really hope they fix this issue, before we drop even lower than the 140th position in the FIFA rankings, that would just be a big insult to all the past great players our country has produced.