• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No more bursary for education

zafette

Alfrescian
Loyal
My first post. An email reply.

======

<[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Madam XXX,

I refer to your email to Ms Ellen Lee below.
As Ms Lee has informed you, residents of the former Woodlands RC Zone 8, which includes your block, have since Sept 2007 come under Admiralty Division. This is part of the reorganizing of the internal boundaries within Sembawang GRC, specifically between Woodlands and Admiralty divisions. Each division, depending on its resources, provide different forms of assistance within its respective welfare programmes. As you have been informed, due to limited resources, Admiralty division does not provide education bursaries for its residents. We understand that the educational needs of students from low income families are already available in the school system as well as other voluntary welfare organisations. We will be most pleased to assist you in accessing these avenues of assistance. In Admiralty however, we offer a different form of educational assistance to our needy residents, in the form of tuition subsidies as we believe it is a more targetted approach at ensuring the students' are able to do well in school. I will be most pleased to share with you further on the various welfare programmes in Admiralty.
Please do not hesitate to meet me at my meet-the-people sessions on every Tuesday evening at Blk 557 Woodlands Dr 53.

Warmest regards

Dr Mohd Maliki Osman
MP for Sembawang GRC (Admiralty).

=======

There is a banner opposite Admiralty plaza regarding the application of bursary for residents. When I asked to apply, the RC counter girl said it's not for residents staying in my block. The application is only for Block XXX to Block XXX residents and then she referred me to another RC. I called and the lady said they do not offer bursary for their zone. Funny the way they have different systems within the same GRC.

Hope you live in the right constituency if not just too bad for you.

** the email is originally paragraphed in such a manner. not my fault if u find it hard to read.</[email protected]>

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Admiralty however, we offer a different form of educational assistance to our needy residents, in the form of tuition subsidies as we believe it is a more targetted approach at ensuring the students' are able to do well in school.

Can't help but note 'ensuring the students are able to do well' and not ensuring the students are able to catch up. What's this? Exploiting welfare as a cover to identify future doggies for the PAP? Indoctrinate into them the magnanimity of a benevolent government?

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
here is like a pte ltd style. unlike MNC system that take care for every headcount. our chenghu only recognise scholarship, bursary is irrelevant to them liao. they only concerned about people make more babies, so they will grow up to become slaves. slaves don't need much education, for fear that they would flock overseas when they become educated & smart enough to think for their own