• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ng Eng Hen: Sinkies taxpayers money to fund my defence toys

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/in-face-of-hybrid-warfare/1696812.html

For example, the Navy is replacing Patrol Vessels with Littoral Mission Vessels; the Army will use new Protected Response Vehicles in place of the V200; while Super Pumas, which have been in use for almost 30 years, will be replaced over the next decade. Some new technology Singapore is exploring includes the use of Unmanned Ground Vehicles and Unmanned Surface Vessels to conduct security patrols.

Everything unmanned...might as well end NS.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey, at least no one will die when (not if) the next mishap happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_Courageous

RSS Courageous was a Fearless-class patrol vessel of the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN). The ship was commissioned in 1996. She was involved in a collision on 3 January 2003 with a merchant vessel ANL Indonesia off Horsburgh Lighthouse (Pedra Branca) which resulted in the death of four female RSN sailors.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support.

I salute Ministar Hen.

Here you can see for yourself what kind of toy legs that I have for myself, using taxpayers money! LoL

Attachments

• MY_20130705_PKCHEE_P_3732247.jpg
    MY_20130705_PKCHEE_P_3732247.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 761

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
HOW MOOCH DOES A BAMBOO SPEAR COST??????????

QUOTE:

SINGAPORE: Besides advanced military capabilities, commitment from society is also key to developing a formidable defence machine, said Second Minister for Defence Chan Chun Sing in Parliament on Thursday (Mar 5).

Using an anecdote, Mr Chan urged people to adopt a spirited and determined approach towards national defence.

"I once met a young soldier from another country. His military did not have the advanced technology that we have. He knew that his military was not as capable as ours," he said. "But he looked me in the eye and told me that should anyone there come into his motherland uninvited and mean them harm, he will personally chase them out, even if he has only a bamboo spear in his hand."

Mr Chan added: "I respect this young soldier's spirit and determination. I think there is much that we can learn from this young soldier."

UNQUOTE.

/

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal

QUOTE:

SINGAPORE: Besides advanced military capabilities, commitment from society is also key to developing a formidable defence machine, said Second Minister for Defence Chan Chun Sing in Parliament on Thursday (Mar 5).

Using an anecdote, Mr Chan urged people to adopt a spirited and determined approach towards national defence.

"I once met a young soldier from another country. His military did not have the advanced technology that we have. He knew that his military was not as capable as ours," he said. "But he looked me in the eye and told me that should anyone there come into his motherland uninvited and mean them harm, he will personally chase them out, even if he has only a bamboo spear in his hand."

Mr Chan added: "I respect this young soldier's spirit and determination. I think there is much that we can learn from this young soldier."

UNQUOTE.

/

Kee chiu I dare him to fight with bamboo sticks

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF will know where you are now

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/commitment-from-society/1697694.html

The Soldier Tracker System is aimed at enhancing the Singapore Armed Force's (SAF) safety coverage of navigation teams training in densely forested areas. Soldiers are equipped with the device, which is linked via satellite to the Exercise Control Headquarters (HQ). This allows the HQ to receive real-time information on the location of soldiers, which is presented in a software map.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

QUOTE:

UNQUOTE.

/

Bamboo spear issit? Okay, Kee Chiu, if war comes you take a bamboo spear and chiong the frontline, okay? :rolleyes:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bamboo spear issit? Okay, Kee Chiu, if war comes you take a bamboo spear and chiong the frontline, okay? :rolleyes:

Indeed Chan is right. Defence is the will to fight, it is not something that can be easily substituted with better equipment. That's the difference between soldiers and boy scouts. Our land has been overrun by millions of barbarians and all sinkies are doing collectively is to raise their asses higher for them to shaft their bamboo poles in. You do not expect our NSmen to fight alongside cowards, do you?

jw5

Loyal
Chee is right, Chan is wrong, Chiam is right, Teo is wrong, Low is right, Lee is wrong, John Tan is right, Mark Andrew Yeo is wrong! :wink:

Indeed Chan is right. Defence is the will to fight, it is not something that can be easily substituted with better equipment. That's the difference between soldiers and boy scouts. Our land has been overrun by millions of barbarians and all sinkies are doing collectively is to raise their asses higher for them to shaft their bamboo poles in. You do not expect our NSmen to fight alongside cowards, do you?

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo seow lian kia eh cheong kaki zeng hu boh

/

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/in-face-of-hybrid-warfare/1696812.html

For example, the Navy is replacing Patrol Vessels with Littoral Mission Vessels; the Army will use new Protected Response Vehicles in place of the V200; while Super Pumas, which have been in use for almost 30 years, will be replaced over the next decade. Some new technology Singapore is exploring includes the use of Unmanned Ground Vehicles and Unmanned Surface Vessels to conduct security patrols.

Everything unmanned...might as well end NS.

Many PAP cronies are getting rich, thanks to the PAP free spending on military toys.