• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ng Eng Hen: Next Prime Minister: It's A Bargain!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ng Eng Hen got the height and the looks. Ng Eng Hen for PM!

Teo Chee Hean got the height but not the looks. Max is DPM.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Mr Mah stands a good chance if he has a powerful win over Goh Meng Seng.

The problem with both Mr Teo and Mr Ng is that both are likely to return to parliament unchallenged. They therefore don't have the chance like Mr Mah to build a huge amount of political capital WITHIN the PAP by winning an election.

Also I would say that Mr George Yeo is a dark horse. His political star has faded recently. However if he manages to beat back a determined political challenge in Aljunied GRC, then I think he will win back a lot of political capital WITHIN the PAP.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Mr Mah stands a good chance if he has a powerful win over Goh Meng Seng.

I have problem finding him even if he stands upright, tip-toed and neck-stretched. If he's PM, he'd need a stool to stand on during NDR.

The problem with both Mr Teo and Mr Ng is that both are likely to return to parliament unchallenged. They therefore don't have the chance like Mr Mah to build a huge amount of political capital WITHIN the PAP by winning an election.

On the contrary, TCH is very likely to be challenged by his supporter Desmond Lim of SPP, who explained away his lack of manifesto as having the same manifesto as PAP, be a surveyor while PAP is architect.

Also I would say that Mr George Yeo is a dark horse. His political star has faded recently. However if he manages to beat back a determined political challenge in Aljunied GRC, then I think he will win back a lot of political capital WITHIN the PAP.

GY has garnered a lot of backdoor and backroom support recently and quietly from gentlemen of means who wish to keep mistresses, and from ladies of desiree who don't mind being mistresses.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what matter most are the backdoor battles and alliances within PAP that will decide our PM, not really strong elections results.

Geroge Yeo will struggle to win more than 60% in Aljunied GRC, WP should get at least 40%. That's likely the "voting market" in Aljunied. You send Khaw Boon Wan to replace Yeo and still same result. Khaw wouldn't get past 60% either. Yeo go to Sembawang GRC, face SDP and would get 75%+ too like Khaw.

Every constituencies battlegrounds are different, can't really blame Yeo for not great elections results in Aljunied GRC.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have problem finding him even if he stands upright, tip-toed and neck-stretched. If he's PM, he'd need a stool to stand on during NDR.

====
arroyo oso very short leh...

but mah no lah...he may even be ejected from Tampines coming election haha...

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
crazy! NEH only serve few years whereas TCH serve many more years than him. rightly, it shld be TCH.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
However if he manages to beat back a determined political challenge in Aljunied GRC, then I think he will win back a lot of political capital WITHIN the PAP.

You watched every interview he gave during the last GE when Aljunied was a boiling pot. GY was shitting in his pants, just like Ho Panty did the last time. Of course, when Deaf Frog found out his constituency was unchallenged, he cried !

The only one in PAP ranks who can fight an election is none other than your knuckle duster Lee. The rest are all soft targets.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
regarding NEH spoken mandarin.
george yeo and mah bow tan speak better mandarin than him and seriously you can't get any lower than that.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should our PM be good in Mandarin? ZZZ... Singapore laws are written in English. Chinese is useful, yes, I love it. Can chat spring and autum and three kingdoms over it. But that's got nothing to do with being PM. Indian or Malay who speaks and understands no Chinese whatsoever also can. This is Singapore. Not China.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
this aint bargain barns.... the company should be very happy the citizens like their people and choosing/recommend for a candidate for them...they probably be thinking which of their men are not well liked and have to be booted out...

hmm...since the company claims that their people are multi-tasking...how about have a pm from their team..that can speak english, mandarin, hindi and arabic

this way can entertain the indian people..the chinese people, the white people and the oil people